Gransnet forums

Chat

Talking of knickers, do you think the Queen has a knicker drawer?

(25 Posts)
Daddima Fri 22-Jan-21 17:19:58

The ‘how many pairs’ made me wonder. Do you suppose the royal knickers are laid out for her, or does she fetch them from a drawer herself? And does she choose her own clothes for ‘engagement free’ days? And who decides when the royal knickers need replaced?

Do you think lockdown is getting to me?

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 22-Jan-21 17:22:28

I think she has a ‘lady of the Knicker vault’ they are ceremoniously brought out of their ermine lined glass fronted cabinets to a fanfare of trumpets (?)

Selected each day according to the temperature, knee length for when it snows, thongs for summer days......

MawBe Fri 22-Jan-21 17:33:52

Do you think lockdown is getting to me?
?????
I’m afraid so ?

Jane10 Fri 22-Jan-21 17:46:25

It'll be a drawers drawer surely?

Desdemona Fri 22-Jan-21 17:46:52

Who holds The Royal Warrant for pants?

Jane10 Fri 22-Jan-21 17:50:06

Rigby and Peller? Maybe she has custom made ones?

3dognight Fri 22-Jan-21 17:50:36

Haha, I bet she has hand made pants, of finest cotton, perhaps tartan ones for Scotland ?
I imagine all the queens clothes including under garments, (she would not call them knickers ) must be laid out for her.
I cannot imagine her rummaging around in her knicker drawer like a commoner such as me! I bet she can't make hers last as long as me though.......

3dognight Fri 22-Jan-21 17:50:36

Haha, I bet she has hand made pants, of finest cotton, perhaps tartan ones for Scotland ?
I imagine all the queens clothes including under garments, (she would not call them knickers ) must be laid out for her.
I cannot imagine her rummaging around in her knicker drawer like a commoner such as me! I bet she can't make hers last as long as me though.......

Daddima Fri 22-Jan-21 18:04:51

3dognight

You’ve reminded me, we had this book for pre-five groups, and though I am in no way a royalist, I was always loath to read it! It was funny,though, and I think she had furry ones for Balmoral!

BlueSky Fri 22-Jan-21 18:13:12

She’ll probably have good old M&S ones, I don’t think she would spend on Rigby & Peller, as she notoriously watches the pennies!

Lucca Fri 22-Jan-21 18:55:11

Jane10

Rigby and Peller? Maybe she has custom made ones?

It was rigby and peller but they lost the royal warrant for revealing the majestic bra size a couple of years ago.

Blinko Fri 22-Jan-21 18:59:49

I too think she probably has a maid-of-all-the-knickers. It must be so strange having other people dress you and even undress you. Don't you think? Where do their duties stop, I wonder.

Lucca Fri 22-Jan-21 19:02:32

OP. If she didn’t have knicker drawer where would such items be kept ??

threexnanny Fri 22-Jan-21 19:05:46

I read somewhere that the Queen Mum had hers especially made for her, and always in the same shade of pink silk! Not sure about her daughter but I would expect Princess Ann to be an M &S girl.

JackyB Fri 22-Jan-21 19:10:38

I remember reading once that M&S would admit Princess Anne after hours for an underwear buying spree. I think it was genuine, although I would have expected Rigby and Peller would have the exclusive on that. Perhaps M&S are more comfortable than R&P, especially if you spend so much time on a horse.

maddyone Fri 22-Jan-21 19:29:35

I also read years ago that Princess Anne bought her undies from M+S but I don’t have a clue who the Queen buys her underwear from. I’ve often thought to myself that I’d absolutely hate other people washing my undies. They’re so personal and the thought of someone else doing it makes me cringe.

3dognight Fri 22-Jan-21 19:48:18

Daddima

Lol who would have thought that a book for little ones would be called 'The Queens Knickers' !

Just love it! X

Santana Fri 22-Jan-21 21:17:58

Do you think the Queen is on GN?
Would she tell us about her knickers do you think?

Hellogirl1 Fri 22-Jan-21 21:20:05

Daddima, I bought that book a few years ago when I was minding my grandson each day, he loved it!
I remember reading many years ago that the Queen shopped in M&S on her own for her undies, wearing a headscarf so she wouldn`t be spotted.

LauraNorder Fri 22-Jan-21 21:21:46

Is it a knickers drawer or a drawers drawer?
I guessed about thirty then went upstairs to count, fifty two plus a hatbox full of a smaller size.

grannyactivist Fri 22-Jan-21 21:31:20

maddyone, when my younger children were small I had a male au pair from Slovakia. Like you I thought I’d absolutely hate other people washing my (M&S high waist Bridget Jones) undies, but actually when it came down to it I was just too busy to care.

That au pair is now a lawyer and his wife is a judge, but we're still very close and he loves to reminisce about his time doing my domestic chores.

Nanagem Fri 22-Jan-21 22:12:50

Of course she has a knicker, where else would she hide her chocolate stash ??‍♀️

NotTooOld Fri 22-Jan-21 22:16:00

grannyactivist - is that a Freudian slip (groan) - your au pair?

Luckygirl Fri 22-Jan-21 22:55:16

This reminds me of when my DD was about 6 - she had just got off the toilet and asked me - was I full of poo? I said something along the lines of well not exactly full. And she then said "Is the queen full of poo?" Go girl - my little republican!

Deedaa Fri 22-Jan-21 23:22:13

I'm imagining her wearing sensible knickers, They would obviously have to be well fitting and not likely to fall down, and no lumpy trimmings that would show through clothes. At least I don't think you'd ever catch her wearing black knickers under a white dress wink