Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Wed 27-Jan-21 06:10:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but wet ground outside , due to snow melting here in Brackley .
Today, I will do a small shop later this morning, but otherwise watch TV , have a nap later on after lunch .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 27-Jan-21 06:39:31

Good morning from a grey E Kent.
Regarding TV repeats, it’s been hard to make new programmes in 2020. But the choice and age of programmes are a bit random.
Getting my ? sunglasses today, being fitted by a dear young man called Max. He seemed very excited by my “funky” prescription, did a lovely job fitting my regular specs and told me I HAD to see him each time I needed adjustments. The staff in the shop looked at me as though I was very peculiar. I am but that isn’t their problem...
DH is very excited. He called his surgery to make an appointment for his 12-weekly hormone injection and asked how he’d be contacted for his shot as he doesn’t have a smart phone. The lovely receptionist gave hi an appointment for this coming Sunday. He is thrilled! Being younger, and at a different, scandalously neglectful surgery , I shall have to wait - probably until the middle of February.
Be kind to yourselves, take things easy today. ? smile and let ☀️ Into your lives. Stay safe.

Gagagran Wed 27-Jan-21 06:49:53

Morning Mick and all who follow. It feels much milder here on the south coast 9.9c at 6am.

Another "nothing on the agenda" day for us and it is getting tedious. I like to have things on the calendar to look forward to. At the moment it's mainly noting which colour bin to put out. Enforced idleness isn't good for body or soul. I'd be lost without the internet to escape the tedium.

Waiting for the medical bulletin from DD. Slightly better news again yesterday though still not out of the woods.

Hope the day is as good as it can be to as many of us as possible. Keep safe everyone. Spring is coming! sunshine

Gagagran Wed 27-Jan-21 06:50:14

Morning Mattie!

Sar53 Wed 27-Jan-21 06:57:43

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It's still dark but noticeably warmer than of late.
DH put up a new blind in our office and a new light fitting in the utility room yesterday, today it's sorting out his tools etc in the utility room. Exciting eh !!!
Hopefully go out for a walk later, then sewing and reading this afternoon. Same old, same old.
Have a pleasant Wednesday and stay safe everyone xx

Beechnut Wed 27-Jan-21 07:04:24

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it’s dark and damp..
Fingers crossed for even better news today Gagagran.

Some pottering this morning and if I feel like it I might cut out a skirt pattern. I’ll sew it up and then save it to wear in a few months when the weather should be better. Something to look forward to. Tears were never far away yesterday but that’s another story.

Stay safe all ?

Ashcombe Wed 27-Jan-21 07:08:44

Good morning from a mild Torbay.

Migraine dazzles yesterday rather stymied any plans I had for the day (I hadn’t!) followed by a headache during the night. These were something that had diminished since retirement but have begun creeping back into my life for the last 18 months or so. There are much worse things for others at present.

Gagagran: hoping your family has good news for you. So worrying especially when our natural instinct is to be with loved ones at such times.

grandMattie: I’m glad your posts are on early as they always entertain. I’d love to see a photo of the funky sun specs!

Beechnut: I hope smiles replace any lingering tears today.

Make the best of whatever befalls you today and take good care, my friends. ?

Alygran Wed 27-Jan-21 07:10:56

Good morning from North Yorkshire. I’ve been awake since 5 and up an hour already. Unheard of for me.
Going out for a socially distanced walk with a friend this morning. It’s been frosty overnight so the ground will be hard and not too muddy.
Hope your DD continues to improve Gagagran.
Wishing everyone a good day. Stay safe.

Dwmxwg Wed 27-Jan-21 07:11:21

Good morning Mick and all. Not many early birds this morning. Not peeped out but was no ice on my car last night for my journey home from work and snow was almost gone on roads and pavements. Have PT at 8, in garage with doors open so pleased not so cold.
Visit to mum and dad later, do some of their cleaning and make sure they are eating, hope to get mum our for a short walk if pavements are safe.
Off to DD early evening for granny duties, not looking forward to the 2 nights in her bed, just can’t seem to get a good nights sleep there.
Gagagran glad to hear your family’s health is improving. Sharing ? to all with struggles and hope we can find our happy faces today

grandMattie Wed 27-Jan-21 07:12:13

Ash, the sun specs aren’t funky, it’s my eyes... I am shortsighted in one, long sighted in the other, the usual astigmatism and I have an up/down squint to boot in both eyes. Pretty unusual. Young Max was fascinated by that! ?

grandMattie Wed 27-Jan-21 07:14:13

Sorry, Gaga, I hope your DD’s health carries on the upward slope, however slowly. Must be very worrying for you all. Hate my children to be unwell, I would SO prefer it to be me...

harrigran Wed 27-Jan-21 07:19:27

Good morning from a mild and damp NE.
Woke at 6am with the early birds leaving for work, one chap parks his work van under the bedroom window so it can be noisy.
Spent most of the day in bed yesterday, had very little to eat in the hope my stomach would settle.
Sainsbury's delivery this morning, nothing exciting on order.

Beauregard Wed 27-Jan-21 07:21:26

Good morning all from Derbyshire where the snow has almost gone away and the rain has stopped. DH has decided he is able to go to the shop this morning - the first time in over two weeks - so I don't have to.

Yesterday I received a white NHS envelope! For a fleeting nanosecond I thought it might be about my ?. But then rational thought returned as it couldn't possibly be yet - I am in category 7, so am not expecting it for at least two months. Instead I now look forward to receiving my bowel cancer test screening kit that the letter says will be sent to me in two weeks! (I'm unsure why they send the advance letter instead of just sending the kit. Seems a waste of admin resources).

Hopefully normal service will be resumed today with the water supply at the yard for when I go up later. Nothing much else going on today.

I hope Grandmafrench is feeling better with less pain today.

Have the best day you can.

brook2704 Wed 27-Jan-21 07:29:31

Good morning everyone from Inverness, the snow is gradually going but up where we are it’s turned to ice on the paths so it’s quite slippery. Hopefully it will be gone soon. Yesterday I walked around the garden to pick up leaves and I saw some daffodils starting to peep through the snow - at last even here spring is definitely on it’s way so something to look forward to. I also walked down to my friends house and as she’s not that keen on walking we had a chat outside on her doorstep. It was good to see her and catch up with news.
Sorry to hear that your migraine ashcombe put paid to your plans yesterday I hope it’s better today.
Good that your family are continuing to improve gagagran
Nothing planned for me today except I’ve got the home insurance and car insurance both due for renewal soon so must shop around for some quotes.
Hoping everyone has the best day possible and take care whatever the day brings ?

Pittcity Wed 27-Jan-21 07:31:13

Good morning from a much warmer Colchester. There is condensation on the outside of the windows, so it was warmer out than in last night.
Another day of nothing much. DH has a couple of Zoom meetings so I'll keep quiet in the other room.
Love to all xx

dragonfly46 Wed 27-Jan-21 07:43:51

Good morning from a dark, dry Leicestershire.

Will take DH for a walk then we have a Zoom session with some old, in both senses of the word, friends from uni.

Later I will attempt to cook a chicken in my Ninja. It is like learning to cook all over again but I love it.

Yesterday was a stressful day as DS spent the day telling me his worries about the new house they are moving to in March. By 10pm he was feeling a lot better. It doesn’t matter how old they are they still sometimes need their old Mum!

In the middle of it I had another counselling session in which we decided I didn’t need any more as I was doing everything right. She said she was sorry to let me go as she liked me so that made me feel good.

I hope everyone has the best day possible.

Sheepandcattle Wed 27-Jan-21 07:44:14

Good morning all from a much milder but soggy Wiltshire! Yesterday was a busy one - when I went to feed the twin and triplet carrying ewes I noticed that 3 of them were showing signs of ‘twin lamb disease’ - pregnancy toximia’ which can come on very quickly in the late stages of pregnancy and can be fatal if not treated quickly. The ewe becomes unable to stand, can become temporarily blind and stops eating. I normally get 1 or 2 each year but to have 3 showing signs on the same day is a new one on me and I imagine it’s been exacerbated by the stress of being bought in for their jabs and bolluses the other day and harsh weather. I gathered the 3 poorly ladies up in my quad bike trailer and put them in the ‘sick bay’ before treating them with calcium injections and a twin-lamb drench. By last night all 3 were back on their feet and eating so crisis averted I hope. If they continue to do well they can rejoin the flock today but I’ll have to keep a very close eye on them. Sometimes, if the ewe doesn’t improve, the only cure is to give them a jab to abort the lambs to save the sheep, as once the pregnancy is ended, they have a chance to recover, but obviously this is a last and sad resort.
Further excitement late last night as Rich Tea the cow calved and an older, more dominant cow, Hatty, decided that the newly born calf should have been hers and bullied Rich Tea away from her calf. This can happen with both cows and sheep when pregnancy hormone run a muck! It’s known in farming life as being an ‘aunty’ and can cause a big headache. The solution was to move Hatty out of the calving area of the barn (which she wasn’t happy about!) and into the nursery with the older cows and calves to give Rich Tea a chance to clean up and bond with her new calf. I expect Hatty will calve in the next couple of days then her hormones will settle down and peace will be restored!
Family zoom quiz tonight so I’m hoping that the ladies yet to calf will keep their legs crossed and allow me to quiz!
Wishing you all a happy and peaceful day and to those with troubles and worries, ‘ this too shall pass’ .

Jaxjacky Wed 27-Jan-21 07:46:53

Good morning Mick and all from a milder S Hants, a restless night, it happens occasionally. Gagagran fingers crossed for family improvements. No real plans, normal now, I’ll go for a walk and cook down some mince, was supposed to do that yesterday, oops. Daughter rang yesterday, she lost her bank card last week, still no new one so she wanted to borrow some cash to food shop. As I’m not spending any I’ve a bit of a ‘stash’ so doorstep collection done and she transferred to me online. For those interested, Jonathan Van-Tam is due on the One Show tonight.
Have a gentle day all.

kittylester Wed 27-Jan-21 07:48:06

Good morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire.

Our cleaner comes on Wednesday mornings and it's an upstairs week so I will complete my Sainsbury's order and also try to book my Covid jab at one of the new hubs in Leicester.

Urmstongran Wed 27-Jan-21 07:49:56

Good morning everyone from a damp but milder South Manchester. I woke just short of 7am so sent a text to the birthday girl’s mummy and she replied ‘FT?’. Oh yes! Both children were in their school uniform at the kitchen island, eating breakfast. It was a short ‘HB wave and blowing kisses’ FT as we will pop over after they come in from school to sing it in their front garden. Strange times aren’t they?

My optician appointment went extremely well yesterday, no new prescription spex necessary, yay! Apparently my occasionally sore and bloodshot eyes are due to a condition called blepharitis and I have to apply warm pads for 10 minutes then gently massage twice a week.

Making my SOAP dish (haha!) for daughter and son in law’s dinner again. This seems a weekly event now as they love it. It’s Sage, Onion, Apple and Pork - hence my acronym! I cook some dark green cabbage to go with - saves them messing once a week anyway & I have plenty of free time.
#lazygran

Off over to see stepfather today and take his shopping. So glad to have the car back and especially tomorrow as we are taking him to a hospital north of the city tomorrow for his second cataract - well, the pre op assessment. All well and good as we drop him at the door but Himself won’t be able to go without a wee for the 2 hours of the appointment then the drive home. No public loos, can’t go in coffee shops etc. Might have to drop him, drive to his (it’s nearer to the hospital than ours) use the bathroom and go back!

Sorry for the longer than even my usual wittering this morning! I shan’t post tomorrow as we have to be up, dressed and out for 7:45am - setting an alarm for 6:30am will be essential! So, until Friday dear virtuals.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Sorry to hear you are a bit low Beechnut. Some days are just more difficult aren’t they? Big hugs. And you harrigran seem to be struggling. Would it be a good idea to share your ongoing symptoms with your doctor? Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Nannagarra Wed 27-Jan-21 07:53:32

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is 7 degrees so quite balmy. Waiting in for J L delivery, having been lured by GN posts about leather gloves in their sale. I also followed other recommendations to discover lots of clothing companies; I learn so much from GN, so thank you.
Fingers crossed for better news for you Gagagran and hoping you feel better soon harrigran. Have the best day possible everyone. x

brook2704 Wed 27-Jan-21 07:59:34

Happy 4th Birthday to your DGD urmston hope she has a lovely day and you enjoy seeing her later! ????

Nannytopsy Wed 27-Jan-21 07:59:41

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
May have a visit from step GD shortly to do a university interview if their internet is still playing up. It has been on/off since before Christmas. We shall hide ourselves in the kitchen if she comes.
Time for the GP Harrigran?
flowers for the sad and worried this morning. Spring is on the way !

baubles Wed 27-Jan-21 08:00:12

Good morning Mick, morning all. It’s 3* with drizzly rain here in S Lanarkshire. The snow and ice has started to shift, I hope it continues to rain, I’m heartily sick of gingerly picking my way along the road like an old woman.

Sainsbury’s delivery later this morning, then another day of pottering about doing nothing very much. I miss having responsibilities.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day, especially those bearing sadness or pain.

Grandmabatty Wed 27-Jan-21 08:02:47

Good morning all from a foggy Polmont. It seems to descend quickly and then gradually peter out so we'll see if that happens today. Yesterday was a fun day with dgs. I've told the tale of the nappy disaster on another thread so I'll leave you free! No babysitting today and I woke earlier than normal and I've been up for a while. Typical. Today I have to phone the pharmacy to check if they are open and hopefully they have picked up my prescription. If not,I'll have to contact the surgery. Then a bit of washing should be the extent of the chores. Fish and homemade oven chips for tea. Have a good day all.