Gransnet forums

Chat

What will you do?

(123 Posts)
Berylsgranny Wed 27-Jan-21 14:10:15

What is top of your list once this is all over?

crazyH Wed 27-Jan-21 14:14:43

Take my family to The Ivy for Dinner.......simple pleasures

Jimjam1 Wed 27-Jan-21 14:28:06

Have all my family over for BBQ and drinks.

Daisymae Wed 27-Jan-21 14:30:03

Get a cleaner

M0nica Wed 27-Jan-21 14:31:55

Hug my grandchildren and their parents and DD - then go to our house in France to see how it has survived a year without a visit and a winter without heating.

Charleygirl5 Wed 27-Jan-21 14:35:01

Go out locally for a meal with friends

Patsy70 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:02:12

Hug my children and grandchildren when we meet together for a family meal. ?

Wheniwasyourage Wed 27-Jan-21 15:05:06

Go and visit the family, or have them come here. Apart from that, I would just like to be able to catch a bus or a train and go somewhere for a day trip.

B9exchange Wed 27-Jan-21 15:09:22

Plan and take a holiday to somewhere exotic, but only after I have hugged each member of my family and cooked a meal for them all!

B9exchange Wed 27-Jan-21 15:13:18

It is an interesting thought, when will it be over for you? When all the over 70's have been vaccinated?
When all the over 50s have been vaccinated?
When all business are allowed to open again and we can travel abroad?
When the Government has relaxed all restrictions?
Will you not set foot outside the house until there are no cases left in the Country?

I fear that there will now be a large number of people with Covid induced agoraphobia, who will be unable to leave their houses without huge anxiety for years to come.

NannyJan53 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:25:22

I imagine that when I have been vaccinated I still cannot visit or hug my children or grandchildren until they have also been vaccinated? It may be Autumn before my DS and DD have it (they are in their 40's) and who knows when the children will be?

Once we can all meet, it will be a family BBQ or a meal in a pub.

Jaxjacky Wed 27-Jan-21 15:31:56

NannyJan53 the advice, even if all have been vaccinated is not to hug, carry on as now hands, face, space. You can still catch Covid, but with a reduced chance of hospitalisation.
When we’re allowed, family and friends for meals, lots of hugs, pub visits, restaurants and less bleach.

Millie22 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:33:53

Freedom to plan things
Go for a meal
Enjoy shopping again
See my friend who hasn't been out for months

Tweedle24 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:43:07

I imagine the precautions will be reduced once numbers affected by Covid are down. I have a horrible feeling, though, that this will not happen for a very long time. Many people are looking on the vaccination as a cure-all and think that once vaccinated they can go back to normal. Unfortunately, this attitude just means that lockdown, or a version of it, will go on longer than necessary.

I am reluctant to blame the government as I think it has been in a terrible dilemma trying to balance the deaths and illness against the economy and mental health issues. However, I do feel it has been remiss of those in government, and their advisors, in not stressing strongly enough things like wearing masks properly and, currently, not making it clear enough that the vaccination neither prevents those vaccinated from contracting the disease nor from transmitting it.

Grannybags Wed 27-Jan-21 15:43:33

Cuddle cuddle cuddle!

After that it'll be nice to go out for the day on a whim and not have to book ahead

I can't imagine getting close to strangers for a long time though

JaneJudge Wed 27-Jan-21 15:45:51

I'm going to book a really nice hotel for us, the children and my parents for a few nights/days to celebrate missing out on some big occasions we missed last year with all the meals cooked for, a bit of mooching in town and walks in the woods (I have somewhere in mind smile )

Kate1949 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:46:46

See my family at close quarters (any quarters would be nice). Then a walk down to our lovely, friendly local pub.

Ro60 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:53:44

Hairdressers
See my family
Re-book holiday with DM
Coffee with friends & leisurely shopping day
Celebrate my 60th - I've stuck @ 59 for now ??
Visit Kent Castle - saw it on tv looks amazing

Berylsgranny Wed 27-Jan-21 16:33:15

This was meant to be a bit of an uplifting thread. I know even after vaccine that we shall all have to be very aware of what we do and not rush into everything we have all so very much have missed. Life will be very strange for a very long time but it's nice just for a minute to think of the way ahead. smile

Gingster Wed 27-Jan-21 16:46:25

Have all my family over for a good old get together.
Going out with good friends for a meal, theatre trip or just a coffe and chat.

Jane10 Wed 27-Jan-21 16:52:52

Family brunch followed by a lovely walk. During this we'll plan a family holiday. Sigh. It'll be wonderful.

Trisha57 Wed 27-Jan-21 16:55:58

I've planned a girlie afternoon tea-party in the garden with my daughters, grandaughter and sister. The real McCoy, with a proper china tea set (that belonged to my Mum and Dad) a tiered cake stand, a sandwich plate (both bought by me to match the tea set). Cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon, little fancy cakes and real tea in a teapot! Can't wait, but I will have to. I fear it won't be properly "safe" for a few years ahead. sad

merlotgran Wed 27-Jan-21 16:58:40

It will depend on DH's health but I want to be able to jump in the car and drive to North London for as long as DD will have us! grin

If he's not well enough I'm sure they'll head in our direction instead.

Pinkarolina Wed 27-Jan-21 17:00:38

Get my car washed! It is absolutely filthy after driving up and down an A road every day this winter. I’m worried someone is going to write rude words on it before it can be washed.

maddyone Wed 27-Jan-21 17:13:06

Book a holiday, go to the theatre, have meals out with my family, barbecue in the garden with my family. I can’t wait.