Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Wed 24-Feb-21 06:13:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark , here in Brackley this morning, but remains and windy this morning .
Still awaiting confirmation as to my parsley box chilled meat pack , hopping to check emails later .
A small shop today ,maybe before I watch the cycling on TV , which is live , mind you looks like most TV channels are scrapping the barrel as regards to what do we show as no new programmes being made .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 24-Feb-21 06:24:35

Good morning from chilly E Kent. Dawn is breaking, pale pinks, blues and greens are colouring the grey skies. Hope we get sunshine ☀️ again today.
A real nothing day today, prepare for my Spanish class tomorrow, last night’s salad leftovers for dinner.
Sheep, your new mums look gorgeous and their babies mor so; thank you for the daily entertainment of their antics.
Marydoll, I’m sorry you are feeling so rubbish p, but glad you managed to get out a bit.
Everyone, have the best day possible pain free, sorrow free, counting the days until freedom! 115 now. Stay safe, x ?❤️?☀️?

Beechnut Wed 24-Feb-21 06:32:09

Good Morning everyone from Severnside.
It’s dry and if it stays that way I’m going out into the garden to do some tidying and trimming. I’ve got two small self seeded trees that need moving and I will put them into pots.

I’ve also got to make a list of outside jobs to do this year and work my way through them while also sitting and looking.

I’m pleased to see you’re getting some supplies delivered Mick. I did a bigger shop the day before my vaccine just in case I felt poorly and couldn’t go out.

Thinking of you all with worries and ill health, have the best day you can all ?

Bellasnana Wed 24-Feb-21 06:38:22

Good morning from Malta where another sunny day is forecast.

As it’s so warm outside I will try to give my dog a bath. He doesn’t like it but he’s looking very grubby so needs must.

Hope to muster up some energy and go for a long walk by the sea later. DH and I used to go walking most days. I miss him.

Wishing you all a good day, take care everyone.☀️

grannytilly2511 Wed 24-Feb-21 06:51:57

Good morning from Somerset .not looked out yet but it’s still sounds very windy , hopefully it will stay dry . Granny sitting day here , 6 and 3 year olds home schooling with a bit of play outside after lunch .weather permitting . Have a good day and take care everyone

Dwmxwg Wed 24-Feb-21 06:58:55

Good morning from north Surrey. Not peeped out yet to see what the weather is doing. Yesterday was glorious, comfortable enough to sit with a coffee for half hour. DH has been busy tidying and there are lots of tulips beginning to show.
Freddie dog seems to have fully recovered which is such a relief, he is a young dog and usually full of energy. To celebrate his recovery we bathed him yesterday afternoon, he wasn’t too impressed but he smells lovely.
Popped to local garden centre to buy the March birthday cards for mum to send.
This morning I have my PT session and will then visit mum and dad. GP called again yesterday and has prescribed a steroid cream for dad so will collect prescription. Hoping antibiotics kicking in for mum as she was still feeling rubbish yesterday when sister visited.
Plan to get some cleaning done this afternoon and then boys will be here for their weekly stay.
We have asked to move our cottage holiday to July, started in November, transferred to March and now July. Fingers crossed we get the week we want and that when the time arrives it actually happens!
Wishing all a good day. Those with troubles continue in my thoughts

Ashcombe Wed 24-Feb-21 06:59:21

Good morning, everyone, from a breezy but dry Torbay! The wind is unceasing since yesterday, making it cooler than it would be.

Bellasnana: I imagine there’s a lot behind that simple phrase, “I miss him.” Walking to places you used to share with DH can't be easy but I hope the sea air will work its restorative magic.

Yes, grandMattie, it’s great to see a target date for the end to restrictions and we must hope and pray that those provisional promises can be fulfilled. If they are, we hope to reopen our amateur theatre in August with a production of ‘Allo, ‘Allo, postponed from last summer. It was already cast, with Ian and me being offered minor rôles by one of our favourite directors. We last worked with him in The Vicar of Dibley in 2019, in two very serious parts!!

Have a happy hump day, whatever you’re doing! ???

kittylester Wed 24-Feb-21 07:06:56

Good morning all from a warm ish North Leicestershire.

Busy day today for the Lesters. Our cleaner is due, I have a Zoom session, DH is off for a long walk and I have a Sainsbury's order to complete. The excitement is too much.

Enjoys your days everyone!

Gagagran Wed 24-Feb-21 07:19:15

Morning all from a milder again south coast. 9.7c at 6.15am.

I have three items on the agenda today. How will I cope with all that?

Admin/financial stuff is first on the list. Second is giving Mr Gaga a haircut before he starts to resemble Boris's Worzel Gummidge style and third is to plant up an acer into a big pot. The tree (and pot) was a Christmas present and it definitely needs room to spread its roots now spring is round the corner.

Had a long and enjoyable catch up phone call from DD yesterday. Reassuringly all three of the covid sufferers are restored to their normal good health and she is back to her usual positive self. She did say how grateful she was that the flowers I had sent her were in a glass jar already arranged as she would not have had the energy to do anything with them. I had guessed that might be the case given the brush with covid I had last May when even breathing felt like hard work.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

Pittcity Wed 24-Feb-21 07:19:35

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Sun and 15° forecast today.

It's DH birthday and he has gone fishing in the absence of other usual celebrations.
We will have a takeaway with a glass of something tonight. One of his friends has made a cake which she will drop off later and we'll no doubt facetime the children.

We hope to restart our weekly Wednesday meetups at the end of March. Groups of 6 outside in the park. I need to buy a new deckchair!

Hugs for all x

Sar53 Wed 24-Feb-21 07:25:05

Good morning from a bright Essex by the sea.
It is DGD2's 12th birthday today. I've been told to ring her at 11 as that is when she has a break from school work. She has grown from a rather sickly baby to a 5ft 8in tall beautiful young lady. Hopefully I will get to see her and her sisters and my other two granddaughters soon, it's been a long time.
We finished decorating the bedroom yesterday and it looks lovely, the ensuite is next.
I have developed a very itchy red rash and started taking Piriton yesterday, I cannot imagine what has caused it but I wish it would go away.
I hope you all have a good day, ? for those who are sad or ill. Take care and still stay safe xxx

Jaxjacky Wed 24-Feb-21 07:27:14

Morning from S Hants, grey out, dry, temperatures start dropping overnight tomorrow. Well my football team were a disgrace last night, DH looked smug all evening. He’s off to work in a minute, first job for a while, glad he cut the grass yesterday it looks far less scruffy. I’m off to the library later to collect my Ready Reads a very good service much appreciated. I text my hairdresser yesterday to get my name on her list, she’s a friend and it’s usually a cut out in the garden, I’ll hear from her nearer in. Have a good day all, especially those struggling.

Sheepandcattle Wed 24-Feb-21 07:27:25

Morning all from a mild but windy Wiltshire. Last night I slept in the caravan, aka The Lamb Shack, as lambing has finally kicked off. I did a last check round at midnight, then up at 1.30, 3.30 and then 5.30am. I think I might try and grab and hours kip this afternoon. 2 nice sets of twins born in between the 3.30 and 5.30 checks while I was sleeping - luckily all good. The early hours just before dawn tend to be a popular time for the ewes to lamb. I expect it makes good sense in the wild to give birth in the last hour of darkness when they are at their most vulnerable and for the lambs to be up on their feet at first light. One of the ewes that lambed last night was Bev - yesterday’s lamb-snatcher’! She’s delighted with her babies ?. Today’s plans hopefully include lots of new arrivals alongside ‘ringing’ and ear tagging the lambs that were born yesterday, ready for them to be turned out tomorrow, weather permitting.
Somebody asked yesterday if all the sheep had names. They do, all 170 of them plus 80 cows along with their 12 digit official numbers. The calves generally just get the first 3 letters of the mother’s name, unless they are going to join the breeding herd or are ‘special’(like Dumpy Bag!) and the lambs just get a ear tag number, unless again, they are going to be breeding ewe lambs or orphan lambs, who get named. I don’t know any other farmers that name their sheep ( a few name cows) but I find it so much easier to remember things about each individual if they have names and besides, I like names!
Wishing you all a good day, especially to those who are poorly, unhappy or missing loved ones.

Elizabeth1 Wed 24-Feb-21 07:38:51

Good morning everyone from a dark and windy east coast of Fife where it feels slightly cold. No local travel until April we’ll just have to be patient a little while longer. Anyways I’d rather be safe than sorry. There’s still lots of physical improvements to be made. I had a turn on the motomed yesterday when it’s really strenghlening my legs and I felt strong enough to walk loads around the house unaided.

My friend who has the hieland cows said the second cow is showing signs of near birthing and he’s got the shed on a camera link which unfortunately wouldn’t let me in perhaps today will be the big day

my ds made a stew for tea yesterday in the slow cooker and it was delicious her meals I’m sad to say are a hit or a miss. She sent for an electric knife for our wedding anniversary and it arrived yesterday in readiness for cutting thin slices off the cooked piece of roast meat we had on Sunday which could have soled a shoe or two. Hopefully it’ll become tender when put in the oven to cook again covered in gravy.

I’m going to attempt Yorkshire pudding for the last time today using plain flour and I’ll not be opening the oven door to peek in. Both big faults according to Jamie Oliver.

Have a good day everyone there’s light coming grin

brook2704 Wed 24-Feb-21 07:41:06

Good morning mick and everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with grey clouds looming.
Yesterday was so windy I didn’t go out into the garden but popped to the shops to get a few extra bits to put into my youngest DGS birthday box which I’m sending to him next week.
I hope you enjoy your walk by the sea bellasnana and the memories you have of walking with your DH. Listening to the sea and the waves and walking along the shoreline is one of my favourite things to do.
Happy birthday to your DH pittcity I hope he enjoys his fishing and your celebrations later! ???
Good news that your DD is feeling better gaga and hope your parents improve soon dwmxwg I’d forgotten the garden centres were still open in England, I wish they were open here too, especially this time of year with all the spring planting to do.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

brook2704 Wed 24-Feb-21 07:50:43

A very Happy 12th Birthday to your DGD Sar - wow she’s a very tall young lady! I hope you get to see her soon ?

Greyduster Wed 24-Feb-21 07:53:40

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey and windy South Yorkshire. We are continuing mini spring cleaning and decluttering the bedrooms which we embarked upon yesterday. I have vowed that we will never hear the words “stick it in the spare bedroom” again! ?Yeah, right!
Sheepandcattle thankyou for answering my question about sheep names. I hope your ladies continue to produce and you manage to snatch a couple of hours sleep today!
Elizabeth I am sending you a sprinkling of Yorkshire magic for your puddings. I hope they come out better than mine, which are awful! Have a good day all!

NannyJan53 Wed 24-Feb-21 07:55:55

Good morning from a rainy Black Country

It was very windy yesterday, but still managed a walk with Mum on the Railway Walk.

Shocked yesterday to hear from a friend that one of the effects of her contracting Covid last November is that she is starting to lose her hair! Apparently it is quite common and can happen about 2 months after. So many people are suffering many different side effects, it is going to cast a shadow for a long time I suspect.

Lovely to hear about your farming life sheepandcattle I admire your energy, and the way you obviously care deeply for your animals.

Happy birthday to your DGD Sar53 they are not little for long are they.

No plans today, I was thinking of cleaning the windows if it was bright and sunny. Ah well, tomorrow is another day smile

Wishing you all a good day with special love to those struggling or feeling downm gilly you are still in my thoughts and hope we see you posting soon flowers

Nannagarra Wed 24-Feb-21 08:07:17

Good morning from the Sefton coast. We are forecast to have rain which reminds me of the Yorkshire Shepherdess’s remark that rain seems to precipitate (I can hear groans) lambing. Do you find this is the case sheep? How delightful that your charges have names!
Sending hugs to all who are under par. ?

ginny Wed 24-Feb-21 08:08:38

Good Morning.
Still windy here in N. Bucks but hopefully fairly warm.
I have a call booked from the practice nurse this morning. Lots of questions to ask.
One of my ‘crafty’ friends is always dropping off little things she has made as gifts and is happy for me to keep them or pass on a gifts. Her work is beautiful. One thing the can’t do is bake so, I’m making cakes for her and her daughter today.
Shall also make some soup, pea and mint I think.
A walk with DH this afternoon after he has been to check up on his Mum.
Not long until I can meet up with my DDs ( one at a time) for a walk.
? for all who need cheering up and hope you all find a ?today.

Urmstongran Wed 24-Feb-21 08:10:16

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s damp and looks as though it could rain again later. I’m making my Soap Dish for our little family’s tea tonight.

Whilst I do that Himself will go down to the larder to get the weekly groceries for my stepfather and we will then drop the meal off and drive over with said groceries to spend an hour or two with him. He’s doing wonderfully well following his cataract op a week ago. He’s even great doing his own eye drops several times a day. He’s such a nice man, never complains, quiet with a dry sense of humour. It’s a pleasure spending time with him. We are very lucky and mum would be proud to see us all together.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. I feel your sadness Bellasnana such a poignant post. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Wed 24-Feb-21 08:14:14

Ps hope to hear from you today EV!
?

Beechnut Wed 24-Feb-21 08:15:24

Happy Birthday MrPitt ??

cornergran Wed 24-Feb-21 08:15:46

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, cloudy and very windy corner of Somerset. The forecast sunshine retreats by a day each time I look. Probably best not to, seaweed seems more reliable.

Grocery delivery and dust removal for us today. Yesterday we discovered the floor of our fitted wardrobes is the land of lost things, some restored to their rightful place, some evicted for good. Need to phone our goddaughter, she is primary carer for her Mum, my oldest friend, who has as some covid-like symptoms. Can only hope not.

Our eldest has a birthday, sounds as if he is in good company. A very happy birthday to all celebrating today. Good luck with those Yorkshire puddings Elizabeth1, a bit his and miss here too. You sound sad bellasnanna, some days are hard. A nap is definitely well deserved sheepandcattle, good luck to all your mums today.

Best get a wriggle on. Don’t want to scare the delivery driver in my current state. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone, look after yourselves.

baubles Wed 24-Feb-21 08:16:33

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where the wind has dropped and there’s no rain at the moment, a huge improvement on yesterday.

I felt a little deflated by the FM’s announcement yesterday, meeting the family still seems like a long way off. One of my GC went back to school on Monday and another couple are back at nursery so I’m delighted about that. The older two are desperate to get back, hopefully next month.

A day of not much happening again, my piano/craft/book room is in need of a sort out so if I can summon up the motivation I’ll make a start on that. Far too many books but find it hard to let go of them.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.