Gransnet forums

Chat

Has the Queen lost a bottom tooth?

(37 Posts)
Luckylegs Fri 26-Feb-21 10:07:55

Just seen her on a zoom meeting and it looks very much as if she’s lost the middle tooth on her bottom jaw! I’m astonished, I thought that would have been taken care of immediately!

25Avalon Fri 26-Feb-21 10:14:09

Luckylegs I thought that.

Daisend1 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:23:09

If she has then there will be no making an appointment and getting in a queue to see a NHS dentist like the rest of us.

BlueBelle Fri 26-Feb-21 10:36:04

The things people notice !!! Maybe it only popped out (5 minutes before her meeting the fact a 97 yr old or what ever she is is in a zoom meeting is more astonishing

Lisagran Fri 26-Feb-21 10:39:05

Were you on the Zoom meeting with her?! (Curtseys as she asks grin)

timetogo2016 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:39:16

I agree BlueBelle.

aggie Fri 26-Feb-21 10:43:11

It happened to me and I had to photoshop some pics of my GDs Christening ! So I noticed the missing tooth ages ago , I can’t remember what it was she was talking about

paddyanne Fri 26-Feb-21 10:45:00

I wont sleep for worrying about this ....its much worse then the front crown I have that snapped in two LAST MARCH .....dentist will only see emergencies where there is pain .
My DILs sister is a dental nurse and she couldn't get me in by the back door ....so no chance for Lizzie

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:45:13

I wondered about that, but she is such an amazing lady - who cares?

Oldwoman70 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:46:02

Daisend1 I have had no problem getting an appointment with my dentist - no I am not a private patient.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:48:03

Dentists have been open here in Essex since mid 2020, I am going next week for a hygienist appointment and my six month check up (last ones August 2020).

JaneJudge Fri 26-Feb-21 10:49:22

at least she wasn't a cat

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:50:39

Paddyanne isn’t dental care devolved ? Maybe a letter to Your First Minister would speed up your appointment?

annodomini Fri 26-Feb-21 10:51:31

One of my top front crowns fell off as I was brushing my teeth and I only just managed to prevent it floating off down the plughole. A mask is a great boon in the circumstances! Perhaps I should phone the dentist, but I have an appointment in three weeks, so am just grateful that, as things are, I'm unlikely to see anyone unless I'm masked.
So if you're reading this, Your Majesty, I suggest you keep your mask on in front of the camera. ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:54:33

Paddyanne perhaps a letter to your First Minister might sort your problem out, isn’t dentistry/healthcare in Scotland down to Holyrood?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:55:22

Apologies for duplicate posts, I appear to have a problem with posting.

BlueSky Fri 26-Feb-21 10:59:08

Anno grin quite! I’m considering keeping my mask going, it hides a
multitude of sins! grin

Galaxy Fri 26-Feb-21 11:18:20

I feel I can never go to a dentist again. I had to have a tooth out a few weeks ago, first one I had ever lost. I am I think quite good with pain but not this time. I will be mortified when I have to see her again.

BlueBelle Fri 26-Feb-21 11:19:24

Although dentist are open for check ups they are not doing any work and even people with emergencies are having a problem (well in my area) I ve had one check up during lock down she looked at an X-ray and looked in my mouth but didn’t touch me or my mouth and I paid my £23 and went with my fingers firmly crossed

Luckylegs Fri 26-Feb-21 11:27:47

I was marvelling at the Queen being on a zoom meeting in the first place but then noticed the missing tooth. I can’t help it, I’m observant like that. I always notice things before a lot of people. I was surprised that it wouldn’t have been fixed by her own personal dentist PDQ.

Galaxy Fri 26-Feb-21 11:31:30

It must be variable by area, bluebells. I had a tooth out 2 weeks ago, honestly I did not imagine it grin.

winterwhite Fri 26-Feb-21 11:44:39

I noticed it too. I also noticed the slightly hectoring 'think of others as well as yourselves' which I thought a bit out of place.

Oldwoman70 Fri 26-Feb-21 12:01:45

I agree with Galaxy - as I said previously I have had no problem getting a dentists appointment and recently had a course of treatment - not an emergency and I wasn't in pain.

JaneJudge Fri 26-Feb-21 12:10:08

There are always spaced out queues outside the dentists here too. There was a dog in the queue yesterday though, hopefully it was just waiting for someone

NellG Fri 26-Feb-21 12:15:46

Could it be that as it's a very 'closed shop' around her atm due to Covid safety that there is too much risk in seeing a dentist. I doubt they have one resident. I mean, to the best of our knowledge she hasn't even been able to visit her husband in hospital, so letting someone from 'outside' lean over your open mouth to fix something cosmetic might be deemed as too much of a risk for a 93 year old woman of national importance I think.

As for the comment re selfishness, she has as much right to say it as anyone else - shame she's not on GN, she could have posted on one of the vaccine threads ? Or maybe she is...