Chat

Couch to 5K

(6 Posts)
EvieJ Fri 26-Feb-21 10:53:35

Happy Friday

Has anyone done the Couch to 5K run?

Eve

live7 Mon 01-Mar-21 18:15:11

I hate the thought of running but in lockdown I had a go at couch to 5k because so many people I knew had started it and I thought I would do it just so I could say that I tried but it was impossible. However, I started it and got to week 4 before it got cold and I left it for a while. But I intend to resume in the spring (well now really!) It was more feasible for a complete beginner than I thought it would be as it starts off small and you can just keep repeating weeks until you feel confident to move on to the next week.
Have you done it EvieJ?

Jaxjacky Mon 01-Mar-21 18:24:28

I’ll give it another shot, but may try fast walking, there is a waking plan too, for me that’s more realistic.

tanith Mon 01-Mar-21 18:27:10

I would really like to do it but I’m not comfortable running, I have 2 hip-replacements one of which is 15+ yrs old I guess I’m scared one will fail. I do walk all the time but I guess that’s not nearly as affective.

Mapleleaf Mon 01-Mar-21 18:57:10

My knees and running are incompatible! ?

simtib Mon 01-Mar-21 18:58:26

I have thought about doing it as I am sure it would be good for me but don't really fancy doing it on my own. I need the encouragement of someone else doing it with me.