Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Mon 08-Mar-21 12:30:08

Now what’s been happening lately? Nothing too exciting I imagine!

We are now undergoing dreary Autumn weather, mild with little rain.
Talking with our granddaughter in Devon last evening using old-fashioned telephone:
she tells me that her pet tortoise’ Joe’ is back home from his Winter hibernation at the Vet’s special accommodation hotel /frig. and in his “bed” indoors with a heat lamp for company!
I said, "but he’s just spent 4 months in a frig", but of course he’s becoming more “mobile”; and probably feels the cold; she doesn’t want to let him outdoors yet because the mornings are still icy.
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to go into hibernation for 4 months of mid-winter. Think of the savings on power bills!

We are still going through the “pre-vaccine roll-out” processes, but I”m not sure where we’re at right now. My name hasn’t been pulled from the hat yet!
Talking of vaccines: you’ve probably noticed that Italy has stopped deliveries to OZ because we are in less need compared to other regions, which is fair enough.

In fact we have had a very effective vaccine, brewed manufactured here known as VB 21 which has been tested for many years and appears to have a very high efficacy rating against any OZ Variant of Covid 19.
Side-effects are quite pleasant if administered in moderation’ leading to a general sense of peace with the world.
Signs of allergy or over-dose are, unsteady gait, confusion, tendency to be outspoken leading to possible aggression, nausea etc.
Most of these have usually disappeared after a good lie down.
So there we are! hmm

Btw; Soccer ( “the round-ball” game as the locals call it) is off the agenda for now, but hopefully may soon return. sad
Must keep moving! Just remembered sheets are still drying in the bathroom, which must be like a sauna after a dull, drizzly day and it’s now 11.00PM

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Mon 08-Mar-21 13:21:53

Hi Rufus, well, Saints won a game, second goal was a beaut, Leeds on the box tonight. We had frost this morning, high cloud and about 9 now, just been up to allotment and got my onions in, we have heavy rain and high winds due Wednesday. I’ve looked up VB21...enough said!

Take care ?

Aveline Mon 08-Mar-21 15:47:58

VB aka Vile Brew?