Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bar and Tea Room

(1000 Posts)
Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:16:59

Service as usual in the Argy folks but with the addition of our new roof top tea garden. In the words of the famous Basil Fawlty, no riffraff. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 27-Mar-21 20:18:32

I hope you are serving Afternoon Tea with Champagne ?

Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:18:57

No Admiral. You are not allowed up here. Genteel folk only. Back downstairs to the Argy if you don’t mind.

Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:21:22

grannyGravy of course.
(Note to self, ask AGA to put some alka seltzer on the shopping list. We can make some fizz with that ??)

ixion Sat 27-Mar-21 20:27:36

We haven't got our prices sorted yet, but will offer the full afternoon tea experience - possibly thés dansants if we make a go of it.
Any Harrogate GNs who can do a reccy and advise?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 27-Mar-21 20:35:33

Any excuse to put on my dancing shoes ??

Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:37:26

Dancing shoes ?. With heels like that GrannyGravy I wouldn’t be able to walk let alone dance. By the way .....we seem to be missing George. You’ve not been up to your old tricks again have you ?

brook2704 Sat 27-Mar-21 20:43:28

Oh my goodness I’ve often walked past the Argy Bargy bar as it looked a bit busy but a rooftop tea garden well that’s right up my street ... presume there’s a dress code?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 27-Mar-21 21:12:06

Don’t worry about my George he is safe and well exercised blush

Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 22:51:39

brook think elegance and charm for the tea room. Anything tarty and you will be sent to the Bar ?

grandmajet Sat 27-Mar-21 22:56:01

I’ve acquired some potpourri for the tearoom loo. Make sure the llamas don’t eat it, I’m not sure it would help their digestion. It’s a bit suspect at the best of times.
I’m off to practise my petit fours (or fives).

BigBertha1 Sun 28-Mar-21 10:51:26

Popping head round the door to see what's occurring.

NanaandGrampy Sun 28-Mar-21 11:04:36

Hold the front page !!!

TEA ROOM ??????

I’m in!!
Nothing more genteel than a bone China cup full of gin !!

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 11:07:40

Do we need name badges, along the lines of ‘I’m grandmajet and I’m here to help you’ , or is that a bit low class for the terrace tearoom.
Hello BigBertha, quite a lot’s occurring here, we’ve gone upmarket!

NanaandGrampy Sun 28-Mar-21 11:11:47

I’ve got my name in my knickers , will that do ? Grandmajet

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 11:16:24

?

BigBertha1 Sun 28-Mar-21 11:34:27

Naice! I am a very refained person so I may stay a while.

ixion Sun 28-Mar-21 12:14:29

Do you think that we need to set a Grand Opening Day?

So much to get organised to do it justice for the Ladies who Lounge. And for chaps too ( there's always a pint going down stairs, if they prefer....)
I'd like to get some landscaping done for the terrace and the Orchestra sorted behind their palm trees.
The sprung parquet flooring for the thé dansant will have to wait til we've got enough funds, cos they don't come cheap.
Perhaps the AB Bar could hold a raffle?

(We could ask for suggestions?)

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 13:41:34

What about an auction of promises, goods and services! Llama rides, penny a Doodle kiss etc?

ixion Sun 28-Mar-21 13:47:12

Or a week on lemon's yacht: Reggie to crew, lemon to cook?

Pantglas2 Sun 28-Mar-21 13:49:21

grandmajet

What about an auction of promises, goods and services! Llama rides, penny a Doodle kiss etc?

Ooh that sounds risqué....I’ll do a snog for a £1 ?

I actually mean I’ll pay the £1 if the snoggee is a snake hipped young man paso doble-ing me on that dance ? floor ....?

Doodle Sun 28-Mar-21 14:37:15

Pants how lovely to see you. I take it you haven’t yet met Thor the barman from the Argy pub. He will be serving afternoon tea in a little frilly pinny (and not much else). Mind you we might have to charge extra for him.
BigBertha always a pleasure to welcome new ladies ( the lot in the Argy are called punters but our more refained clientele are Ladies. ?
N&G are you planning on wearing your knickers outside of your tea gown. ....that could start a new trend ?

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 15:47:44

We definitely need to provide French Fancies. I hear some gentlemen are very partial to them. I think I have a pair somewhere..............

AGAA4 Sun 28-Mar-21 16:25:17

Ernie will do anything for me Doodle. He will provide the milk and the cream for the scones and give rides to any nice ladies who wish to visit The Argy Tea Room.
I have been to the famous tea shop in Harrogate and pinched some ideas. Smart black skirts for the waitresses - knee length grandmajet not the very short ones you usually wear. We can only show our knickers in the bar downstairs.

AGAA4 Sun 28-Mar-21 16:30:10

There seems to be a lot of interest in our tea room. We should make loads. We can charge Harrogate prices. That will keep the hoi polloi down in the bar drinking poteen.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion