Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sat'Day

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Sat 10-Apr-21 12:48:09

Good Evening Sat’Day!
Joy of joys! The bliss of hot water again! You don’t know what you’ve missed until it’s gone. Plumber arrived with his Eectrician off-sider at 8.50 am, replaced wrecked heater and was gone by 10.30 am!. How’s that for good old-fashioned Aussie service!?

Of course we don’t know how much water was lost overnight; must be lots and he suggested contacting Water Co.to discuss the next inevitably high water bill. He was encouragingly optimistic claiming it’s worked before, not being a deliberate use or waste of water. Worth a try! Might try and get in first before bill is issued!

Aveline , You say you’re in need of a good laugh! As a Newbie you could do worse than take out a sub. to The Oldie Mag” as do several other members. There’s a special rate on offer just now! grin

Megs I thought Grandad’s Shed had collapsed long ago due to woodworm attacks, or been blown away in your perpetual gales!
One or two Grandads have looked in now and again but ran for their lives; haven’t been heard from since!
But Jaxsjacky has solved it being an allotment holder herself. See next!

Jaxsjacky. Well done! Just as I remembered it,; Dont forget; mate’s rate!
I’ve looked at two sessions and was surprised they last about 40 mins each!
The second was done last month and Dave was working hard with onion sets.
I like his down to earth approach, for example when he fished something out of his “cuppa” (a fly?) with his grubby finger! grin
Liked his greenhouse; would be comfortably warm I imagine.
Thanks again! Can I get you anything from “Wilkinson’s”?

rafinichigran
Now how can you prefer the usually noisy, bustling Outer London to marvellous Melbourne the world’s most liveable City; or was! I don’t think one exists anymore! hmm

Our vaccine roll-out programme slowly continues and can be summarised with one word; “Confusion” My jab is nowhere in sight, not that I’m bothered.

Keep Well!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Aveline Sat 10-Apr-21 13:48:10

Rufus2- too late to take out a new subscription to 'The Oldie' as I've had a subscription for years! I really enjoy it. The articles are interesting and I love the cartoons. DH only subscribes to boring fascinating classic car mags but I often find he's nicked my Oldie.
Boring walk coming up soon. I plus myself in to old episodes of 'Round the Horn' and limp round the block smiling at nice dogs I meet but can no longer pat. It's a sair fecht!

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Apr-21 13:51:09

Hi Rufus, pleased you got your hot water back, just shows what we take for granted.
I do buy lots from Wilko, I’m just pleased it was the right Dave and shed, I do love a challenge! Been up the allotment as we have frost due tomorrow and tiny potato tops were showing. See DH’s Leeds are 1 up against City, but as they’re now down to 10 men it’s unlikely to last. We’ll watch the Grand National later, had a small flutter.
Take care ?

Rufus2 Sat 10-Apr-21 14:22:33

DH’s Leeds are 1 up against City
Which City are we talking about? Not Man City surely!/
I can't seem to find EPL at the moment.

Got hot water back just in time 'cos tomorrow's going to be as cold as charity so now I can hop in and out of the shower at will.! with a rosy pink glow! blush
Is "Wilko" the Wilkinson garden implements crowd?,

Aveline How did I guess? grin
Saw that a copy had just arrived, which I must look out for. No knowing when our o/seas mags will arrive these days.
Cheers

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Apr-21 14:36:49

Checkout score Rufus, yes, Man City.

rafichagran Sat 10-Apr-21 18:35:15

Glad you have hot water Rufus. I live 12 miles from Central London, and Pre Covid loved going into the City. The restaurants and the buzzy atmosphere. I love cities.
It's very cold today, but it's been pleasant, I drove to a Garden Centre to add to my herb collection, and looks at all the plants. Left partner to watch his football.
Take Care