Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(77 Posts)
12Michael Tue 13-Apr-21 06:12:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Today, it looks bright and cloudy outside, but dry at present .
Plans for the day , Housework , and check what time my haircut will be done , so I can arrange my schedule as regards to buses and going to Bicester ,and having a snack and coffee outside until circumstances change as going into the cafe part to do it .
Take Care,
Mick

Kalu Tue 13-Apr-21 06:26:03

Good morning Mick and all to follow. No sign of frost and a beautiful crimson sunrise starts the day in Glasgow

Lots of catching up to do in the garden as it was far too cold to even think about going outside for any length of time.

A catch up zoom with two friends yesterday instead of our regular coffee meet ups, agreed we felt more positive having had out first vaccine and moving into spring has seen the return of our mojo. Onwards and upwards with the hope we can travel outside our local boundaries soon to meet up with friends and family. No interest to go shopping.

Have a good day all.

grandMattie Tue 13-Apr-21 06:26:21

Good morning from a clear, nacreous-skied dawn in E Kent.
Mick, I hope you don’t have too long to queue for your haircut. DH saw one of al least 16 men waiting for the barber yesterday...
Had a lovely, remarkably relaxed afternoon/evening with DD and family. They all seemed particularly affectionate despite the distancing. Had a nice dinner outside with the setting sun providing light if not warmth.
Iris was a little confused but delighted at being the GM mascot, together with the flamingo ?. She is remarkably mobile, walking the mile from their borrowed house to here. I ha permission to use this photo of her lower half for you.
The gardener did a fantastic job, and I’ll be able to start getting plants/shrubs for my border. He still has a lot to do, but he managed to clear and prune a huge bit of the front...

grandMattie Tue 13-Apr-21 06:30:07

Bum, posted too soon.
We’re meeting the family today for a visit to the Roman ruins at Richborough. It use to be the seaport, but has become completely silted up and is nearly a mile inland today!
DS2 is coming with DGS to see their sister/aunt and family. Be lovely to see them when they’re not with DD.
All in all, a successful day, etc.
Try to find your flamingos ? ???in amongst the pigeons of life. ???

Kalu Tue 13-Apr-21 06:36:09

I’m pleased to hear you have such a lovely time with your DD and family grandMattie. Sounds like one of those perfect days. What a remarkable girl your GD is having such a positive attitude during such a difficult time for her.

Beechnut Tue 13-Apr-21 06:41:27

Good Morning from a dry and frosty Severnside.

I didn’t like the look of those queues at the shops on tv yesterday. I expect it will settle now we know we can out again.

Well done to Iris walking that far.

Just a regular Tuesday for me.
Take care all ?

Dwmxwg Tue 13-Apr-21 06:46:14

Good morning from a frosty north Surrey.
Yesterday we had four seasons in one day. It was snowing as I drove to the gym but by the time we had our walk later the sun was shining and the temperature was balmy which wasn’t comfortable as I had dressed for the snow! Part of the walk took us across a reservoir. We seem to have chosen the perfect weather for midges to hatch because there were literally thousands of them. It was not very pleasant, you just had to put your head down and go, poor DGS2 was in floods of tears but we got to the other side unscathed and were able to laugh about it then. Straight in the shower when I got home as I was hot and sweaty and itching all over.
Today DD and I are braving our local town shopping centre. The boys are growing so fast and need new clothes, there is a large Primark in the town which is perfect for children’s clothing. Hope we don’t have to queue!
DH is hoping it warms up so he can get some digging done on the allotment.
Hope Ashcombe has enjoyed her overnight stay and Grandmattie I do hope that there weren’t too many eggshells broken yesterday. I have great relationships with my AC, but both have come from major traumas they have experienced in their lives, and my support through those difficult times, every cloud has a silver lining.
Wishing all a good day today as we venture back to those freedoms we used to take for granted

Dwmxwg Tue 13-Apr-21 06:48:45

Great news GrandMattie, go Iris ?

dragonfly46 Tue 13-Apr-21 07:03:00

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

My cleaners are coming today for the first time in months! A clean house at last.

Walking into town with a friend later and one more sleep to my haircut!

Well done Iris and pleased you had a relaxed day GrandMattie.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Sar53 Tue 13-Apr-21 07:08:07

Good morning from a sunny Essex by the sea but there was frost on the cars when I got up.
DH is off to do some work on his boat so I have an empty today. I have a pile of ironing to do plus other bits and bobs.
DD1 and family arrived safely at their family cottage in The Lake District yesterday. They are looking forward to long walks and picnics.
Your granddaughter is a star GM, well done Iris.
I hope you all manage to find a ? today, take care and look for those ??? xx

brook2704 Tue 13-Apr-21 07:17:30

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry and bright and the sun is just up. Hope it warms up a bit soon..
So pleased for you GM that yesterday went well and hope you all have a good day out at Richborough today, it’s so good to be able to go places! Thank you too for the picture of brave Iris seems like she’s doing well with her walking
Another morning here of looking after the DGC, yesterday DD2 had her first day back at work which seemed to go ok, she really didn’t want to go back after being on furlough since Christmas but I think it did her a bit of good to get back into some routine. Need to be quick posting today as 6 year old DGD is still fast asleep but 7 old DGS has is just up and in the kitchen with DH, he’ll want his breakfast soon ..
Can’t wait for our shops to open again
dwm I hope you enjoy your shopping today with your DD and the queues at Primark not too bad!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles today, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 13-Apr-21 07:32:13

Morning Mick and all

Pleased that you had a good day with Iris and family grandMattie.

It felt good to be back at the gym yesterday, although I think the emphasis was on chatting rather than exercise ?

It is bright and sunny and we are meant to reach the dizzying 11’c so will put the imp in his pram and go for a walk.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Ellianne Tue 13-Apr-21 07:36:42

Good morning Mick and everyone.
Our town was certainly busy yesterday, a combination of shoppers and holidaymakers.
Nicely cropped photo GM and I'm pleased you had a good day.
A river walk again here this morning.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 13-Apr-21 07:40:20

Good morning all from bright Harrogate. It promises to be dry again
GrandMattie you sound like you had the perfect day yesterday!
Today promises to be a nothingness day, but I do have to use my new credit card in a shop to activate it! So which
shop can I go to?? Such excitement!

Keep well folks, have the best day possible

Gelisajams Tue 13-Apr-21 07:42:08

Good morning. It’s another frosty one in Morecambe Bay though if it’s like yesterday will turn out quite a pleasant day. Plan today after exercise is to weed under our hedge. Not my favourite job. I won’t have any help as DH has hurt either his side or his back. He’s not sure where the pain is. He’s fine as long as he doesn’t move. I’m sure he will be better tomorrow as I will be gardening in Keswick but the plan was for him to have a long walk.
Phoned the gym yesterday. It seems my membership will be valid until December because of the closures. Only problem is getting a booking is a work of art.
Hoping Ashcombe is enjoying her break.
Take care everyone and stay safe ???

grandmajet Tue 13-Apr-21 07:45:47

Good morning from a dry, bright but frosty Nottinghamshire.
Everyone seems very busy today, hard at work looking after grandchildren.
Good luck with Primark, dwm, hope the queues aren’t too bad.
Well done to Iris, walking so far.
This afternoon we’re meeting our DD and her children at the local garden centre where there is a swan sanctuary - the children have always enjoyed visiting there and the forecast is sunny, so we should have a pleasant time.
Happy Tuesday, all.

Jaxjacky Tue 13-Apr-21 07:50:20

Good morning all, sun and frost remnants here. Enjoy your trip out Mick. Sounds like a perfect day gM, I’m pleased it went so well and Iris is continuing so brilliantly. The garden man is coming today to sort out the back garden, so I’ve been looking at plants too gM. No shopping plans here, just pottering.
Enjoy your day all, hoping the odd ??pops in for you.

kittylester Tue 13-Apr-21 07:50:34

Morning all from a bright but very cold North Leicestershire.

Someone is coming to measure up for blinds on our upstairs 'glass corridor'. Should be fun as it runs between 2 parts of roof so the windows are a very peculiar shape.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Marydoll Tue 13-Apr-21 07:50:49

Good morning all from a bright Glasgow,where it's 0 degrees, so much better than yesterday.

As Kalu said it was too cold to work in the garden yesterday. All I managed was a tidy up of my herb garden for half an hour and making a list of everything which needs replaced. I have no idea what has happened to them, after surviving so many winters.

I'm so glad to read you a lovely day with your family, GM
Dwmxwg, my daughter's birthday is on May 4th and the only treat she wants is a visit to Primark! She is easily pleased and hopefully NS will allow it! On the news, I noticed the huge queues at Primark, I think I will steer clear of ours for the foreseeable future.
I saw it was the same with barbers and people being refused unless they had a haircut. I asked DH when he was going, but he said I had been making such a good job of it, he wasn't! grin

Today I'm off out to the pharmacy to chase up my prescriptions. I spent all day yesterday phoning, to no avail. The phone was either engaged or it rang and I was cut off. ?
I will need to ask DH to take me to do battle, as I don't feel up to driving. My SIL usually goes, but he and DD are so busy with work, I don't want to trouble them. The medications were ordered over a week ago and I have had no text message to say they are ready.
This keeps happening and then when I phone to enquire, the text message suddenly appears on my phone! There is never an apology.
To cap it all, I have missed out one of the new ones !!!! grrr!

Thinking of all our missing posters and all who are struggling. For those of you with plans, enjoy!

There is a thread called Glasgow, www.gransnet.com/forums/meet_ups_where_are_you/a1290436-Glasgow?msgid=28618519#28618519 which a new poster started about meet ups. I have been using it to guage interest about a Glesca Grannies meet up later in the year. Please add if you are interested and I will do a proper thread nearer the time.

NanKate Tue 13-Apr-21 07:52:00

Morning Mick and All.

A bright, cold sunny day in South Bucks.

Well done to to our GM Mascot Iris.

You were right Mary the Covid test went smoothly yesterday as you said. I am now full steam ahead for my procedure tomorrow in Hospital.

Got my 2nd jab sorted for Friday morning yippee ?

Pittcity Tue 13-Apr-21 07:56:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cold and dry again.
Supermarket this morning and a bit more garden tidying as the garden waste is in today's collection and so I'll have empty bags to fill.
Love to all x

Marydoll Tue 13-Apr-21 07:57:41

Good news indeed, Kate. I hope all goes well tomorrow. There is a wee typo in my post.
People are being refused, unless they have a haircut. Of course I meant, have an appointment. ?

baubles Tue 13-Apr-21 08:00:37

Good morning Mick, morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire, it was a little frosty earlier but no sign of it now.

Enjoy your day Mick. I’m so pleased you had a good day yesterday gMattie, have a lovely time today with your brilliant GD.

DH is hoping to get the new alpines into the ground today, he’ll be scouring the weather sites to check for the possibility of more frost.

I have an order to collect from Next then the online shop to do, I’m not sure that I’ll ever go back to doing the big shop in person, I quite like having all the basics delivered then popping into the butcher and fish shop.

Lots of happy people on the news las night. I’m counting the days till we have the same freedom.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Beauregard Tue 13-Apr-21 08:04:50

Good morning all from Derbyshire. Clear blue sky and no frost today.

Doctors appointment this morning, followed by a walk before lunch.

I'm pleased your family meet up went well grandMattie. Hope your trip to the pharmacy is a success Marydoll.

Have a good day all.

Grandmajean Tue 13-Apr-21 08:19:45

Good morning from Cheshire. Sunny but still cold.
Yesterday's highlight was Morrison's delivery. Today's is a visit from Dynorod to clear outside drain from kitchen sink ! Am waiting for DH to ask " what have you been putting in the dishwasher ?"
Will read posts later. Love the idea of your "Glesca grannies" meet up Marydoll - miss the old place even though very happy here.