Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone else work at Butlins?

(4 Posts)
Shinamae Wed 14-Apr-21 10:43:09

My first job at Butlins was at the ocean hotel in Brighton (1972)from there the manager recommended me to be a red coat in the now-defunct Filey camp (back then you did not to have X factor qualifications to get the job because believe me if you did I wouldn’t of got it!!) The next camp I went to was ... Phwelli in North Wales (I know it’s spelt wrong don’t shout at me please!) I printed T-shirts there,then I had a couple of seasons at minehead my last season was the year Elvis died,... 1977 so all in all about five years and I had a ball!!

HomeAgain123 Wed 14-Apr-21 10:59:33

I worked at butlins hotel saltdean ( Brighton ) in the office late 70’s for a couple of years ..... my dad so happy as we holidayed in various ones as a child ...... always wanted a white pleated skirt ???

Hellogirl1 Wed 14-Apr-21 15:26:19

Daughter 3 worked at Skegness Butlins in the mid 80s...…………..as a Saturday chalet cleaner, she said it was unbelievable how disgusting the state some folk left the chalets in.

HurdyGurdy Wed 14-Apr-21 15:31:29

Friend and I stayed at Butlins in Bognor Regis for a 70s weekend. We were amazed at the disgusting state of the chalet when we arrived! We expected basic, but not filthy.