Gransnet forums

Chat

Masterchef

(5 Posts)
grandmajet Thu 15-Apr-21 12:12:24

I watched the long awaited Masterchef final last night. I found myself agreeing with the verdict, the winner’s food looked amazing.
However, when I thought about it, the only thing on his three plates of food that I would want to eat was the beetroot! Not the oysters three ways, not the olive oil drizzled ice cream etc.
Does anyone else feel the same about so-called fancy food?

Kamiso Thu 15-Apr-21 12:26:04

The plates did look impressive. Oysters are very odd as you’re not supposed to chew or bite them so it’s a bit like swallowing a bit of gloopy sea water. Each to their own I suppose. Tried one once out of curiosity and never been tempted again! They are supposed to be an acquired taste but you’d need to take out a mortgage to acquire it!

Let’s hope the olive oil ice cream doesn’t become a “thing”. It would have to be a very mild olive oil and even then, not something I would pick off a menu!

ixion Thu 15-Apr-21 13:11:52

But they did look beautiful!

Redhead56 Thu 15-Apr-21 13:16:53

Yes I cannot eat shellfish but the idea was interesting. I cannot stand fancy artwork food but I thought his food was faultless. He didn't make any errors at all he was a worthy winner.

annodomini Thu 15-Apr-21 13:27:17

Tom was earmarked as a winner right from the start. I think they might as well pin a Michelin star on him now! The other two were fantastic and in any other year,either of them might well have won. I wish they had all shared in the bubbly at the end.