Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Apr-21 06:08:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its fry but its grey here in Brackley this morning .
My usual Day , small shop, and then do some Fish & Chips in the oven , before settling down to watch cycling on tV .
Yesterdays , day out only downside was eating outside the cafe I use in Bicester with a wind chill ,and a irregular heartbeat not nice .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Fri 16-Apr-21 06:18:44

Good morning from a clear dawning E Kent.
I’m sorry yesterday was uncomfortable and cold, Mick, such a shame as you do look forward so much to your little outings.
Thank you all so very much for all your kind wishes. I had an absolutely lovely day, and it was mostly sunny in the afternoon.
We went to a very good, independent garden centre not far from us and I spent a small fortune on some of the plant I wanted including a gorgeous Magnolia stellata, a crab apple and a damson tree. They are all small enough not to cause more subsidence to the house. I also got a load of perennials. DH, who had been very sceptical of my plans, seems incredibly excited now. Why doesn’t he trust me? ?
When the trees are delivered today (ur car is tiny), we shall plant the other stuff.
Hope that today brings relief to all the Gramingoes in sadness, pain, illness or distress. May you find some sunshine ☀️ and a random flamingo ? in your day! ❤️

Ashcombe Fri 16-Apr-21 06:29:00

Good morning from a chilly Torbay but with abundant sunshine in prospect.

Yesterday was the same so I made the most of it and took the bus down to Torquay seafront, from where I took these photos. I was pleased to find that the “topless” buses are back in operation, giving us a choice of five buses an hour from Babbacombe to the harbour and beyond. There was a real buzz along the front with families enjoying the sun whilst the children are still on holiday. One brave man had been for a swim! A heartwarming moment as a little girl ran to greet her grandfather with arms wide open encapsulated the feelings of many who’ve missed that spontaneity. A coffee outside near the pier overlooking the seafront to complete my visit felt wonderfully normal!

Poor Cherry with the problem neighbour! I do hope you are gradually recovering. Many years ago, when my children were small, we had a similar problem neighbour whose unpredictability made me fear for my children's safety so I was relieved when we moved. Thank you to Nanagara, Ginny, Taichinan, and Muse for your super photos and especially Stilllearning for the lambs. Gorgeous!

Yesterday morning, I was amused when watching the news item item about the £50 fine issued to the grandmother, as the subtitles on my TV decided the lady in question was a 28 year old grandmother called Rees Mogg......! Priceless!

I hope everyone can find some sunshine in their lives, whether literally or figuratively. ?☀️?

Beechnut Fri 16-Apr-21 06:32:48

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Looks like another sunny day might be day on the cards.

It’s not nice sitting in the cold to eat, takes the thrill off eating outside. Fingers crossed not much longer.

I’ll be joining you with planting Mattie. I’ve told myself I must not buy anymore until I’ve got the ones in the ground that I already have.

Shopping and a few errands to do and I might start my new book.

Take care all and hope appointments go as well as they can ?

Kalu Fri 16-Apr-21 06:47:26

Good morning all. A chilly morning in Glasgow with a sunrise full of promise for a sunny day ahead.

My garden centre visits were successful too granMattie. I was surprisingly constrained and ordered what was on my list. That must be a first!

Very excited for our first day of a bit more freedom as we are allowed to travel outside our LA boundary from today. We will be popping in to see DD1 and both GDs who live less than a 15 min. drive before heading up to the but n ben in Perthshire. So looking forward to catching up for garden visits with neighbours as luckily the forecast is for a sunny calm day.

Have a pleasant day all.

Sar53 Fri 16-Apr-21 06:49:46

Good morning from Essex by the sea where there is frost on the cars but I can see that the sun is trying to put his hat on ?.
A late Happy birthday for yesterday GM, I'm glad you had a lovely day.
I had a phone call from the dentist at 3 yesterday saying they had had a cancellation and did I want to go along at 4.15. I put my big girl pants on and went. An hour in the chair and half of my mouth has been deep cleaned. I have to say she was gentle and it didn't hurt, probably because I had so many injections. The most painful part was paying for it. I have an appointment to have the other half done next Wednesday, another cancellation. Touch wood it will all settle down and so far there has been no pain.
We have no plans for today but I'm sure we will find something to do, even if it's just going for a walk.
DH had a phone call from his surgery and he is having his second jab on Sunday morning, my appointment isn't til May
Have a lovely Friday, find that ? and be kind to yourself xx

mumofmadboys Fri 16-Apr-21 06:51:59

Good morning all! Meeting friends in the South Lakes today for a walk and a picnic. It is great to see friends again! Have the best day you can everyone.

Dwmxwg Fri 16-Apr-21 06:54:57

Good morning all from north Surrey
Belated birthday wishes GrandMattie
DH spoke to neighbours yesterday to see if he could find out more about the police raid. I had not realised that the owner was living there, (the place still looks like a building site). Police arrived at 0430 and made a forced entry with sniffer dogs. Lamps DH saw may have been for cannabis or to give them light, not sure. Two cars were taken away for forensic investigations and I am assuming owner arrested. The builders all arrived after police had gone and were stood around talking but they then all left and no work done, I hope they are not owed too much money, they have been working so hard (I have watched them). We shall just have to wait now to see what happens next
We had a lovely walk with the boys in the Chilterns. Found lots of interesting feathers and saw a bird of prey talon which they decided was a dinosaur claw. Picnicked in a sheltered spot and then went on to see the grave of Roald Dhal. There are BFG footsteps guiding you to his simple grave which is decorated with coins and pencils left by his fans. The dog loved the freedom too and was worn out when we got home.
I have booked the gym for this morning and the boys are here until mum collects early afternoon. I have a meet up for afternoon tea with 2 friends, first time we have seen each other since before Christmas so lots to catch up on.
Sending ?☀️? to Cherry, Auntieflo and anyone else who needs them today. Hope we can all find a Friday smile

Susan56 Fri 16-Apr-21 07:00:41

Good morning from Shropshire.

Am feeling very achey today, the after effects of a day spent painting on Wednesday.

DGD wanted to walk home from school yesterday, a distance of about two miles so DH dropped me off at school and M and I had a lovely walk home.We walked past the farm and saw her daddy and cousin getting the cows in and then when we turned into their lane she hollered for Stanley her Shetland pony and he walked in his field alongside us all the way home.We are going to do the same today but I have to bring apples for Stan, he was a bit put out we had no treats for him!

So today is a repeat of yesterday.Looking after H and then school pick up.I am hoping for a relaxing weekend as it’s been a busy week.

Lovely photos Ash,we are hoping to drive to the coast next week.Glad you had a good day mattie and that the garden plans are coming together.

I was so glad to see Cherry back yesterday?Hope you had a restful night Cherry and are continuing to feel better, also that your neighbour was quiet.

Thinking of all with illness, having treatment and those worried about loved ones?also thoughts to our missing good morningers?

Have a good day all??

Susan56 Fri 16-Apr-21 07:04:21

Had attached a picture of M and Stanley.Will probably show twice now or not at all!

Beauregard Fri 16-Apr-21 07:10:15

Good morning from Derbyshire. Cold, but dry and bright outside, but the nights are due to warm up a little after the weekend. I'll wait until then to sow more seeds as some of the originals haven't taken well due to the cold nights.

DH has suggested our walk today should include a pub lunch. There is a really nice pub a couple of miles away which we can walk across fields to get to, making it a really nice walk. If we go early enough we should be able to get a table. Another long awaited step towards normality! Now what shall I have hmm.

Sorry to hear about your problem neighbour Cherry Hope it can be resolved soon.

Your shopping trip to the garden centre sounded lovely grandMattie I have a young, very small magnolia stellata which has only been in the garden two years and was in full flower for the first time this year, but unfortunately the cold weather damaged the flowers, as it has done with so many others this year - brown magnolias everywhere.

Hope today is a good day for all.

dragonfly46 Fri 16-Apr-21 07:11:40

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Friends coming for coffee in the garden this morning - we have a heater! They are buying my DH ‘s golf trolley so more decluttering.
Then it is my friend’s husband’s funeral. A sad day.

Sorry I missed Cherry yesterday - I mentioned on another thread I hadn’t seen her around.

dragonfly46 Fri 16-Apr-21 07:12:50

Lovely picture Susan.

kittylester Fri 16-Apr-21 07:15:18

Morning all. North Leicestershire is bright but chilly again this morning.

Lovely photographs everyone.

Decorators again today but 2 rather than the 6 we had yesterday, thankfully. Also, our new cleaner is coming today - hope she is better than the last one. DH is driving today so I would have an empty if it wasn't for the decorators and cleaner!!

baubles Fri 16-Apr-21 07:18:21

Good morning Mick, morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire. Amazingly I’ve been able to use that description several times over the past week or two.

Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable cafe visit yesterday Mick.

Lovely photos Ashcombe, and what heartwarming moment indeed.

I’m so pleased you’ve had a great day gM. Enjoy your visit to your family Kalu, I’ll be doing the same, this is a long awaited day.

A relief for you to have your dental work done and dusted Sar. Lovely mental image of a Grandmother, granddaughter and pony walking home Susan.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Friday with special thoughts to those with sadness, illness or worries. thanks

Gagagran Fri 16-Apr-21 07:32:33

Morning all from a sunny but chilly, 1.3c, south coast.

A second CH gas engineer is due to come and give us a quote this morning for a new boiler and I might venture to the library to return my Ready Reads now we can choose our own books again. The Ready Reads have been a real lifeline during the lock down and I have enjoyed the majority of them but do prefer to choose my own.

Sorry to hear you had an irregular heartbeat yesterday, Mick. The cold weather would not help. Take care!

I had a scam call on my smart phone yesterday, telling me my NI no. had been compromised and I should press 1 to speak to an investigator. Needless to say I pressed "close" instead.

Hope the day is a good one for us all sunshine

Scentia Fri 16-Apr-21 07:34:42

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where the sun has his hat on but it feels cold.
Off to work shortly and then it is guinea pig cleaning day later.
I did hope to do some gardening but my shoulder is very painful. (I have an X-ray booked next Thursday.)
DH has his first proper half marathon on Sunday, his first in over a year.
Have a good day folks and a great weekend ?

grandmajet Fri 16-Apr-21 07:37:03

Good morning. It is going to be a lovely bright day here in Nottinghamshire, although I think part of today may have to involve watering the garden! In April!
Thanks for all your encouraging messages yesterday. We saw a different consultant yesterday who spent about 30 minutes with us and was much too informative; however I liked him, and have signed the consent now so I have to wait - they can’t operate anyway until 2 weeks after my next Covid jab, which is on April 24th, because of the risk of clots. I’ll just concentrate on eating as much as I can and going for little walks to get some fitness back.
Oh, Cherry, what an awful situation you find yourself in. If I remember right, the troublesome neighbour has children - what sort of life do they have? I hope things settle down for you.
I hope your post anaesthetic fog has dissipated today, Kate, and you can just enjoy knowing the results are good.
I love all the photos posted - but today especially Susan’s grandaughter and pony, they look to have such a bond. She is a lucky little girl.
Enjoy today, all, in any way you can.

brook2704 Fri 16-Apr-21 07:37:11

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s another lovely sunny day - we’ve been so lucky with the weather this week
Lots of garden centre visits this week, hopefully I’ll be there later today and buying more stuff.,
I bet you’re pleased the dentist is half done now Sar!
Thank you for the pictures Ash Torquay looks lovely in the sunshine and M and her pony are so cute Susan
Good news about our travel restrictions Kalu enjoy getting out and about and meeting up with family
It’s our last day of looking after the DGC today before they’re back at school on Monday. Yesterday their Dad took them to the park and beach at Nairn and when he dropped them off they were exhausted.. an early night and they’re both still asleep now
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Jaxjacky Fri 16-Apr-21 07:40:54

Good morning all from a frosty, sunny S Hants. Torbay looks sparkling Ash, lovely photos and a dear pony Susan. I had some flowers delivered yesterday, anything other than veg growing is new to me, when I looked these Gaillardia up it said ‘thrives on neglect’ hopefully they’ll be ok. Two honeysuckles and a jasmine completed that delivery, DH will put up some wire supports on the fencing. Beauregard I have fingers itching to sow seeds, but the greenhouse is still minus overnight, hopefully tonight is the last. DD and GC’s coming this afternoon for BBQ, we’ve only seen them on brief doorstep visits since Christmas. We’ll light the chiminea as the back garden will be in shade, blankets at the ready! I hope you’ve had a better 24 hours Cherry it must be torture.
Have a pleasant day all, thoughts with those struggling.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 16-Apr-21 07:40:54

Morning Mick and all

Blue sky, sun and frost everywhere??

We went to the big Waitrose yesterday had a good mooch round toys and homeware I only bought soft balls and washable swim nappies (for GC not me ?)

Our youngest son is having an operation this morning (at last has been delayed several times due to Covid) he is having what is described as a partial mastectomy (removing all breast tissue but leaving nipple and skin) we are all keeping fingers crossed that everything is still benign.

Nothing planned with the imp today, other than a walk in his pram.

Keep safe and well folks ??

Kalu Fri 16-Apr-21 07:47:30

It is indeed a long awaited day Baubles. Sharing cuddles will have to wait but seeing them again will be wonderful. Enjoy spending time with your family too.

Urmstongran Fri 16-Apr-21 07:52:34

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where the sun’s up, I can see the Pennine ridge and I’m enjoying the lifting of restrictions with all the accompanying optimism. Our town centre has been buzzing this week. I’ve been to our independent bookshop this week, spent a fortune on stationery, birthday cards and toys and yesterday we sat outside the coffee & wine bar in our square and celebrated in style, wearing our sunglasses sharing a bottle of champagne.
?

My health anxiety ebbs and flows. My neck scan is a week today. Thank you to so many who have enquired how I’m doing. Your kindness is pretty amazing and means a lot.

Himself is going round to our daughter’s to wash the bubble (our Peugeot 107) whilst I plan a trip up the road to spend some of my state pension (!) on geegaws at my favourite gift shop. The owner was telling me she & her husband had been using their savings to stay afloat and quite literally were only a few weeks away from closing permanently. She said this lockdown has been so very stressful.

I feel guilty keeping a low profile on my less anxious days so have decided to post on days when I’m not so scared. Hope Friday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

hulahoop Fri 16-Apr-21 07:54:17

Grandson will be charging in soon.Haircut for me today I am taking Gs with me he is having a trim he looks like Boris at the moment?I did oh hair yesterday so we will be all neat and tidy this afternoon .It's very bright here this morning. Oh had just told me gs should learn if he gets a place at his local school so fingers crossed everyone . Take care all.?to those not feeling well.

Beauregard Fri 16-Apr-21 07:56:29

Jaxjacky I definitely went too early sowing some of my seeds in an unheated greenhouse, lulled into a false sense of security by the warm spell of weather we had in late March. Should have known better ?. Thankfully I didn't sow all of them and kept some in reserve.... just in case a second sowing was needed.