Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Thu 22-Apr-21 06:09:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice sunny start here in Brackley , but also a wind chill.
Today, I will catch the bus to Bicester , have my usual coffee and pie first , before a small shop, and bus home .
I also manage to bump into people i knew work wise ,and able to say hello at least.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Thu 22-Apr-21 06:26:06

Good morning from a cloudy E Kent. My word, yesterday was cold for April - foggy and icy wind...
I put the washing out, only to bring it all in couple of hours later. The sun did come out but in the mid afternoon. I hope that today is warmer.
Penultimate Spanish class for the year today. Considering that I have some 40 hours a year, I shouldn’t despair at my bad grammar!
My second CV19 vax today. DH is still madly jealous. I hope he calls the surgery and gets an appointment fro his as it will be 12 weeks on Sunday.
Before and after of some of my front garden. Will look good after a year or so. Must take the long view. Have a good day y’all, no bad stuff. ???❤️?

harrigran Thu 22-Apr-21 06:31:44

Good morning from a frosty NE.
DH's appointment was running 30 minutes late so he was very tired when he got home, he went straight to bed.
It was a godsend having my BIL take him to the appointment as I was able to get all my jobs done.
I am trying to tempt DH with tiny morsels of food, if I ask he refuses food so I surprise him with a teaspoonful and ask if he would like to taste it for me.
Looks as if we will have more ? today.

cornergran Thu 22-Apr-21 06:47:32

Morning Mick, morning All. A bright start to our corner of Somerset bodes well for today.

Your garden will indeed be beautiful grandMattie, the plants will soon thrive. Hope your husband can manage a little more food today harri, sending love to you both.

We’re venturing out, no idea where yet, we’ll take a picnic lunch and wander forth.

Hope Thursday is gentle with us all. Take care.

kittylester Thu 22-Apr-21 06:50:50

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

We have a Sainsbury's delivery today and that's it!!

harri, dh is a volunteer driver for RVS. He takes people for radiotherapy and chemo treatments. He waits and brings the person home again. It might be worth investigating for your dh.

baubles Thu 22-Apr-21 06:53:56

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s rather cool and cloudy.

Taichinan how on earth do you remember the sequence of moves in Tai Chi? I joined a class a few years ago but couldn’t get the hang of it, much the same as my attempts at line dancing, I invariably ended up facing the opposite way to everyone else.

Your garden makeover looks good gM, it won’t take long to fill out.

Sending good wishes to MrHarrigran.

We had our first post lockdown run to the coast yesterday which was just brilliant. We had a meander around the beautiful grounds of Culzean Castle, a game of ball with the dog on the beach and finished with an ice cream sitting on a bench looking out across the water to Arran, one of my all time favourite places.
A perfect day.

Today we will meet up with DS and family so hoping for more good weather.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Dwmxwg Thu 22-Apr-21 06:56:09

Good morning from an overcast north Surrey. The temperature yesterday dropped quite a few degrees from morning to afternoon.
Spent a lovely few hours with DS’s partner and the DGDs, picnic, walk and there is play area with sandpit for the baby to experience a new sense on her toes. Another walk with DH and the dog when I got home so lots of walking for me. I wear a Fitbit and like to challenge my daily steps.
Boys here, still asleep. We had a fun evening playing with diggers and dinosaurs in the garden. DH was feeling unwell but good nights sleep seems to have done the trick which is just as well as he will be collecting and looking after them this evening. I am on collection duties for DGD1 from nursery and am then babysitting for the girls so mum and dad can have a few hours out, they have booked outside table at local pub. It will be first time I have done bedtime routine with girls. Mum writes me a plan which I find helps.
Might persuade DH to take a trip out to garden centre this morning.
Love to see the daily photos here. GrandMattie that work has really opened up that corner of your garden. I will attempt to post pic of girls on the swings (deliberately taken from behind)
Wishing all a day of ☀️ with intermittent ???

NanKate Thu 22-Apr-21 06:56:33

Good morning Mick and All.

A bright cold day in South Bucks.

I am meeting a friend for an alfresco picnic today. It is the first time we have been able to meet up since last year. We have chatted every week on the phone but that is not the same as a proper meet up.

How kind of you harrigran to try and tempt your poorly DH with morsels of food. When I recently had a month of diverticulitis and I was completely off my food my DH bought me some fresh chopped up mango. The fruit is delicious and easy to eat and moistens the mouth. It might be worth you getting some from any supermarket, however the M and S ones are the best. You may need to chop a chunk into 4.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 22-Apr-21 07:00:34

Morning Mick and all

It’s bright here in S E Essex, we were woken up by the Imps big brother (6) as he slept over last night. His breakfast order is two dippy eggs with marmite soldiers!!!

Hairdressers appointment today yippee!! I am beginning to resemble the great Mary Beard (without her vast knowledge)

How exciting.grandMattie to have a new garden ? Harrigran please ask for as much help as you can, you have to look after yourself ?

Thinking of all our missing friends especially gillybob Maw (((hugs)))

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Dwmxwg Thu 22-Apr-21 07:01:07

Have made photo smaller a try again

Ellianne Thu 22-Apr-21 07:03:31

Buenos días everyone! That's especially for grandMattie!
Did you know learning a foreign language is supposed to prevent dementia? Something to do with how the brain processes things.
Passez une bonne journée tout le monde!

Beauregard Thu 22-Apr-21 07:03:34

Good morning from Derbyshire. Another sunny day in store.

I'm off shopping soon and might call at the garden centre afterwards for a browse around.

Later we'll pick DGSs up from school, so an easy dinner when we get home. Nothing much else happening today.

Thoughts to our missing posters and to those going through difficult times flowers

Hope today is good to all.

Greyduster Thu 22-Apr-21 07:05:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but there was a heavy frost last night so it's a cold start for us. Glad my plants were all indoors but it's only forty seven degrees in the conservatory so they may be shivering in there too.
Not a lot going on today; I have cleaning to do and then we need to go across to DDs with a new bathrobe I have bought for His not so Little Nibs to see if it fits him and, more importantly, whether he likes it. If I have time today, I might make scones.
Enjoy your outing, Corner. A picnic sounds nice!
Have a good day, folks.

Gelisajams Thu 22-Apr-21 07:07:30

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where we have another sunny day. A bit cold at the moment but I’m sure it will improve.
Good to hear from Sheep yesterday. I was thinking about her as we drove through Cumbria yesterday.Some of the Herdwick sheep had tiny black lambs and a couple of sheep actually looked to be in labour! All the non Herdwick lambs are quite big now.
It’s a stay home day today after our recent travels! Getting out and about so much has been a shock to the system!
I hope to find time to work on my cross stitch. Just as it was bedtime last night I realised I had been working in the wrong squares so I had to undo a block. It was past midnight when I finished. It’s definitely harder unpicking than stitching. I was terrified of damaging the backing aida.
Special thoughts this morning to Cherry and Harri and to all who are struggling.?
Take care everyone and stay safe ???

Urmstongran Thu 22-Apr-21 07:08:26

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where is already sunny. I can see the Pennines quite clearly and we have a forecast of 17°C today.

I’m off for stroll with my walking buddy at 1pm. We will pick coffees up in the square to take with us. On the last leg home (my road) we pass several bars with outside seating so we may well be tempted to sit and have ‘one for the road’! We shall see.

On my way out I have 3 bags to pass into the charity shop downstairs from my stepfather. He has decided to pass me a couple of bags each week now - my mother was a lover of ornaments and vases and to be honest he isn’t a big fan so after 3 years he said yesterday he feels comfortable with getting rid. Ditto kitchen appliances, CD’s and books as he never uses them, plays nor reads them. He feels at his age (90 next year) he’d like less clutter around him. I can understand.

Bet you are delighted with the start of your garden makeover grandMattie! Times are tough for you harri so pop these ? in a vase today from me.

Hope Thursday is kind to us all. x

Dwmxwg Thu 22-Apr-21 07:09:47

baubles stunning scenery
harrigran have you tried smoothies, we use them a lot at work. You can make you own with fruit to his taste and yoghurt/ice cream to give calories. If he isn’t prescribed supplement drinks perhaps you could ask GP to prescribe. You can buy but they are very expensive

grandMattie Thu 22-Apr-21 07:10:54

Elli, that’s exactly why I’m learning Spanish!
Dwm, when he was a baby, DGS would do anything not to feel grass under his feel. It was hilarious.
baubles, practice. It took me over a year to just manage to get through the first lot of moves. It take time for your brain and muscles to make the memory. Persist, with a patient teacher...

Kalu Thu 22-Apr-21 07:11:18

Good morning all from a sunny start with a light frost in Glasgow.

A day of gardening and fingers crossed, a calm day for some outdoor painting.
DD1 and GDs will be popping in after school now that we are allowed garden visits and with the weather being so pleasant, we are making the most of it.

Have a pleasant day all.

grandmajet Thu 22-Apr-21 07:18:45

Good morning from a bright, sunny Nottinghamshire. I woke too early today, annoying since I didn’t have to.
Lovely photos - I do love the sea, baubles. I agree that taichinan is clever to remember the moves, I, too, was hopeless even at basic line dancing and gave up quite quickly. I’m sure tai chi would have flummoxed me even more.
Have a good day, everyone, with grandchildren and picnics.

Sar53 Thu 22-Apr-21 07:22:01

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the sun is trying to shine. Yesterday was cold and very windy.
I had my second hour in the dentist's chair and I am so glad it is now over. A follow up appointment is booked for the end of June. My bank balance will certainly be glad of the respite.
DH received the results of his biopsy yesterday, a Basal Cell carcinoma, he has an appointment at the beginning of June to discuss treatment. Not as serious as DD2's was but worrying all the same.
A supermarket visit this morning, nothing planned for the rest of the day.
Have a lovely Thursday, find a ? and a random pink ?xx

Ellianne Thu 22-Apr-21 07:22:44

Lovely photos baubles, so blue.

Urmstongran Thu 22-Apr-21 07:25:39

Don’t worry Sar53 about basal cell carcinoma. Yes it needs treatment but they only grow along the surface of the skin they don’t spread into the deeper dermal layers.

brook2704 Thu 22-Apr-21 07:27:26

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s another lovely bright sunny start to the day. Yesterday we enjoyed sunshine all day and quite warm for here - about 14º. More of the same today hopefully
Well I eventually got my hair done yesterday, it feels so much better - your turn today gg13!
I’m another one trying to keep my step count up on my Fitbit dwm it’s a challenge isn’t it. I do enjoy walking though and I’ve set myself a monthly target to aim for
Love the before and after garden pictures GM and your pictures of the coastline baubles are beautiful. Another place I’d like to visit sometime
Nothing planned yet today, but now that Scottish restrictions allow travel to England from next week I’m trying to plan a trip and stay somewhere near my DD1 in Cambridge so we can meet up. They’ll be busy working but I could help with the school and nursery run and go out at the weekend. I just need to find a place to stay that’s not already booked up
I hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, a random flamingo or just some sunshine, take care all whatever the day brings ?

Ashcombe Thu 22-Apr-21 07:29:13

Good morning, everyone, from a rather dull and breezy Torbay plus a rather late waking for me!

I must be all Zoomed out after four such calls in less than 24 hours, including one with about 20 members of the family and friends of a dear lady celebrating her 100th birthday! She has known me longer than anyone else on Earth as her eldest daughter and I were at primary school together! It was an honour to be part of the group.

My heart goes out to you, harrigran, and I hope you are being helped by the relevant support services. Is “Build Up” still available? I found it very palatable after a post operative infection. Just checked and you can get it prescribed, according to this:-

www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping/physically/diet-problems/managing/putting-on-weight/high-calorie-drinks

What lovely photos appeared yesterday and again this morning! It’s so good to see and hear about everyone's ventures back into the big world! I was glad to see sheepandcattle was on yesterday! Such a dilemma with two “active” bulls but great to hear about Popeye.

I, too, have a hairdressers's appointment today, GrannyGravy13 which will put an end to my resemblance to Cruella de Ville! Have a good day, my friends! ?

Susan56 Thu 22-Apr-21 07:33:35

Good morning from Shropshire where a sunny day is forecast.

After trekking round several shops we found a parasol we both liked ?DSIL is pretty sure he can put bigger bolts in for the awning but DH doesn’t want it now so DD and family are going to have it.

Gardening for DH today and household jobs for me.I also have to make cupcakes for DGD and mend her princess tent ready for tomorrow.

DGD has been upset as she has had a flare up of eczema.She is very self conscious of it.DD has spent a fortune on various creams, the latest advice is to cut out dairy so now both children are dairy free which is a shame especially as they have a dairy farm and milk is on tap so to speak.A couple of children have asked her what the eczema is which has really upset her so the teacher is going to speak to the class today?

Beautiful pictures baubles and the garden makeover is lovely mattie.

I am glad you were able to get things done yesterday harri while you’re BIL was helping and hope you are able to find something which tempts your DH to eat.

Cherry hope you had a quiet and restful night.x

Have a good day all??thought of our missing friends and all with illness, anxieties and worries.