Gransnet forums

Chat

Happiness Is....

(32 Posts)
Calendargirl Fri 07-May-21 12:14:18

Well, for me today it is;

1. Having had my second Covid jab this morning.

2. Buying some locally grown asparagus to have with quiche, salad, baby potatoes for tea.

3. Collecting the latest Cara Hunter book from the library, I was first on the waiting list.

4. Getting home just in time to fetch my (dry) washing in before it started to rain,

Doesn’t take much to make me feel contented.

How about you?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 07-May-21 12:18:32

Having reasonably good health, living in a home which is warm and dry, the sun is shining and I've food in my belly.

Dee1012 Fri 07-May-21 12:18:34

1. Curling up on the sofa with my dog, a good book and chocolate.
2. My son kissing me on the top of my head (he's 6"7) and telling me he's loves me.
3. Taking my bra off and having a good stretch!

Galaxy Fri 07-May-21 12:20:43

My sons
Watching the birds
Being with children (my work)
Crikey I feel like I should put something much more exciting.

Peasblossom Fri 07-May-21 12:20:43

Oh we had asparagus, new potatoes and salmon yesterday. It was so yummy?

I’ve been digging a little eco pond the last two days and watching perplexed pigeons walking round the edges trying to work out where the bird feeder has gone?

And please tell me about Cara Hunter. What kind of books does she write. A good book is one of life’s best pleasures.

Have a happy day?

Calendargirl Fri 07-May-21 12:22:48

Cara writes crime novels Peasblossom, her hero is DI Adam Fawley (or maybe a higher rank).

If you like thrillers, I think she is very readable.

moggie57 Fri 07-May-21 12:23:24

happiness is waking up each morning ..

Peasblossom Fri 07-May-21 12:23:50

On the case?? Thanks.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 07-May-21 14:01:15

Being able to breathe, very bad day yesterday, but no Ambulance so that was good and although DD1s car was totalled yesterday, she was the other side of the barrier on the phone to Breakdown services at the time the Lorry hit her car.
So apart from being shocked and carless all is well, thank goodness the GCs and dog weren’t with her.
So today happiness is knowing that despite yesterday, today will be a better day.

Anniebach Fri 07-May-21 14:16:28

Going into my garden in my new wheelchair, freedom.

My granddaughters having jabs soon and coming to visit me.

3dognight Fri 07-May-21 14:40:47

My husband has announced he is cooking tea tonight, it will be a chilli con carne I believe.

My greenhouse is lovely and warm, and now I have a radio down there!

The sun has dried a long line of washing and the wind has blown it enough not to need ironing.

grannyrebel7 Fri 07-May-21 15:03:51

Happiness was going out with friends for a meal last night. Haven't seen them for 9 months. We had good food, good wine & good conversation.
Also like : -
A good book
A strong cup of tea
TV
Walking
Going on holiday

Davida1968 Fri 07-May-21 15:20:02

A cuddle with DH. (And with other family members - if only that were possible, at the moment!)

love0c Fri 07-May-21 15:25:10

Happiness is having 'a carefree head'. No worries about anybody or anything.

Chestnut Fri 07-May-21 15:30:41

Oopsadaisy1

Being able to breathe, very bad day yesterday, but no Ambulance so that was good and although DD1s car was totalled yesterday, she was the other side of the barrier on the phone to Breakdown services at the time the Lorry hit her car.
So apart from being shocked and carless all is well, thank goodness the GCs and dog weren’t with her.
So today happiness is knowing that despite yesterday, today will be a better day.

Oh my god Oops, that sounds absolutely dreadful. Was this on a Smart motorway? You must be happy that everyone is alive when it could have been so much worse. I hope the lorry driver was held responsible, there is no excuse.

MerylStreep Fri 07-May-21 15:33:55

love0c

I’m going with your one. Spot on ?

Kim19 Fri 07-May-21 15:37:45

Being with family and friends.
Being in a sunny garden.
Social dining.
Something in my diary to look forward to.
My currently fortunate state of health.

nadateturbe Fri 07-May-21 15:40:19

MerylStreep

love0c

I’m going with your one. Spot on ?

Agree

Urmstongran Fri 07-May-21 15:48:02

Peace of mind.
You can’t buy it.

Blossoming Fri 07-May-21 16:07:24

Warm sunshine ?

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 07-May-21 16:27:26

Chestnut no it was on a dual carriageway, with drivers who think they are on a motorway, the lorry driver had a narrow escape whilst the Police were there, his truck was nearly hit too, but the idiot driver managed to swerve away in time.
DD now has to get Insurance involved, is without a car to get the kiddies to school through countryside 7 miles as no bus, at least it’s a Friday and she has the weekend to get help.
Anyway, all are well and that’s the main thing.
Best thing she did was to get out quickly and get over the barrier, so many people stand in front of the car to phone for help, she would have been killed if she had done that, plus her bag and phone were on the seat next to her so she just grabbed them, with her hi vis jacket, also in the front door pocket and she ‘legged it’ as she said to her Dad.

Chestnut Fri 07-May-21 17:24:55

That sounds like a terrifying experience, Oops. I broke down on a dual carriageway many years ago, with a 6m old hungry baby in the back. I must have been on a shoulder of some kind as I'm sure I wasn't in the actual traffic lane, but close to it. That was really horrible, cars and lorries speeding past and you could feel the car shake as they passed. Definitely best to get out of the car and off the road if you can.

Calendargirl Fri 07-May-21 18:05:05

?‍? Good news Anniebach

BBbevan Fri 07-May-21 18:42:18

Did all the ironing. Weeded the front garden, made tea and watched an episode of the Killing. Rest now, content

Sago Fri 07-May-21 18:43:41

A clean home, empty laundry and ironing basket,full fridge and three happy AC.
A fish pie in the oven and a big glass of wine.