Gransnet forums

Chat

Am I the only person to be disgusted by John Barrowman’s behaviour?

(72 Posts)
Luckylegs Sun 09-May-21 13:46:57

I have searched the site but can’t find any thread about John Barrowman. I’m sorry if I’ve missed one.

I can’t believe what has come to light about his ‘antics’! I used to think he was ok but have seen too much of him recently altogether (whoops, that’s the wrong thing to say!). He has confessed to taking his penis out at every opportunity and explains it was all fun and frolics and everyone thought it was hilarious and how entertaining he was. He would place it on a woman’s shoulder! Am I the only one to be utterly disgusted and horrified about this?

I hope he never appears on tv again, especially not on a programme that children watch like Dancing on Ice. He seems to have a monstrous ego and loves to shout and sing and generally be loud and obnoxious in my opinion. He wasn’t qualified to sit in judgement on anyone in any programme, I don’t think!

Anyone agree?

Aveline Sun 09-May-21 13:50:01

Yes. Enough enough. That's not acceptable behaviour.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 09-May-21 13:50:33

I don’t know who is is?.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 09-May-21 13:52:12

In the Company I worked for we had a man who was Homosexual and his awful behaviour was considered to be ok because of that, but he was different around the men.
Maybe women feel ‘safer’ if the man is openly Gay?

But it isn’t acceptable.

FannyCornforth Sun 09-May-21 13:52:22

Yes. Revolting man.
I thought that he was one of the good guys too.
Depressing

Loislovesstewie Sun 09-May-21 13:53:49

No, I am also disgusted, and to dismiss it as 'banter' shows he has no understanding of how vile it is.

icanhandthemback Sun 09-May-21 13:53:54

I am always wary of damming this type of thing when it has happened in a past age where things were very different. I guess it depends on whether the women who he was doing it to felt threatened by it. I would find it distasteful and I would be wary of being near him but if there was no sexual intent, I don't know whether he should be penalised for it.
Personally, I have always disliked him. I think he is quite talentless and too full of his own opinion but for some reason, he is popular with the masses.

Loislovesstewie Sun 09-May-21 13:54:57

Well the past age wasn't that long ago, was it? And it is never right.

Galaxy Sun 09-May-21 13:56:03

I spoke about it on the Noel Clarke thread although I didn't name him. It is obvious that some of the women were deeply uncomfortable and there was a complaint as he was reprimanded on one show.

Galaxy Sun 09-May-21 13:56:31

It was a few years ago it wasnt in a past age.

Callistemon Sun 09-May-21 13:56:36

I thought that he was one of the good guys too.

Me too, although he always did seem hyper, but then do so many TV stars these days.
What goes in in The Green Room? Perhaps there is more than just tea and coffee available.

What made him think that his genitals were of the slightest bit of interest to anyone but himself?

Calendargirl Sun 09-May-21 13:58:37

He would place it on a woman’s shoulder

?

?

Is he especially tall, or the woman particularly short?

How weird!

Bluebellwould Sun 09-May-21 13:58:49

I’ve always known he was considered as a sex pest. I can’t remember how I found out but I thought it was common knowledge. Obviously not from the above posts.

BlueBelle Sun 09-May-21 13:58:51

Can you help me out here he put his todger on women’s shoulders ??? How tall is this man 8ft ? Or did he only do it to tiny tiny women ?
Obviously he has a huge hang up of inadequacy
I d have smacked it if it had gone on my shoulder and said
‘Sorry I thought it was an irritating fly buzzing around’
The women must have been daft to let him

TrendyNannie6 Sun 09-May-21 13:59:27

I can’t stand him, never could, I don’t think a person taking their penis out is entertaining, nor the least bit clever, something very wrong with a person who thinks otherwise in my opinion! I also hope he never appears on tv again too luckylegs! Also don’t understand how this behaviour was allowed to continue either! It wasn’t a one off, who on earth would want to see that!

BlueBelle Sun 09-May-21 13:59:38

Sorry calandergirl your post wasn’t there when I posted mine

Calendargirl Sun 09-May-21 13:59:48

X posts Bluebelle!

Calendargirl Sun 09-May-21 14:00:45

?Bluebelle

Gannygangan Sun 09-May-21 14:05:15

BlueBelle

Can you help me out here he put his todger on women’s shoulders ??? How tall is this man 8ft ? Or did he only do it to tiny tiny women ?
Obviously he has a huge hang up of inadequacy
I d have smacked it if it had gone on my shoulder and said
‘Sorry I thought it was an irritating fly buzzing around’
The women must have been daft to let him

The women were sat down and he'd be standing behind them. Two women were discussing it with Noel on some Q&A thing about Dr Who.

The women didn't seem very perturbed.

Had someone done that to me I think I'd have passed out.

Galaxy Sun 09-May-21 14:05:22

I think from what I read there was a very very odd culture on the show. I personally think he needs help with his behaviour ( I am not for one minute excusing it) he us obviously quite deeply disturbed.

25Avalon Sun 09-May-21 14:06:19

It used to be called indecent exposure.

He must have one as large as his ego.

Galaxy Sun 09-May-21 14:07:09

I have no idea if this is related but Christopher Ecclestone left the show after one series quoting a toxic work environment.

Callistemon Sun 09-May-21 14:09:39

Had someone done that to me I think I'd have passed out.

Had he done it to me he might have been yelping very loudly.

Grandmabatty Sun 09-May-21 14:10:42

My friend's son is an acto and Barrowman was well known for whipping it out. It's a power thing, isn't it? I'm a star, I can do anything, attitude. As to why the women didn't say anything, maybe they did complain and were ignored. That would be common in the industry, based on the number of reports.

Puzzler61 Sun 09-May-21 14:12:49

I think he’s hyper and egotistical as has been said before.
The exposing of himself some might call ‘fun’, he called it ‘tomfoolery’ .
I call it disgusting.