Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Mon 10-May-21 06:06:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with some wind , but grey above at the present moment here in Brackley this morning.
Today , for me start of an interesting week, with appointments in the later part of the week.
I will watch most of the Giro cycle race stage by stage ,and see how the Brits progress in the race .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 10-May-21 06:14:16

Good morning GraMmingos from yet another grey day. We were promised thunderstorms yesterday, got them but with absolute minimum rain.
Sounds like an interesting week coming up, Mick. Good luck.
Chose today then back to sewing. I had gone off for several weeks, but my sewing mojo is back now.
DD Skyped last evening and we had a great chat with the DDDs. Iris was showing off her Lego electric car complete with windmill and solar panels for charging! All is going well with her. She doesn’t need to see consultant for another 6 weeks.
May you all have a reasonable day, relief from pain, illness, sorrow or anxiety. May you find a smile ?, sunshine ☀️ and a few flamingos ???? thrown in for good measure! ?

Kim19 Mon 10-May-21 06:19:08

Morning Michael and all who follow. Pretty dull up here in the north but happily a bit milder at last. I've a decorator coming to,paint my lounge ceiling. Just a little more furniture lugging before he arrives and then the transformation will begin. I will make myself scarce and indulge in warm drinks and goggle oggling until he leaves. The soil is too waterlogged to achieve anything in the garden but I might manage something with the seeds in the shed and even a bit of tidying out there. I wish the very best of days to all who follow. Cheers!

Ashcombe Mon 10-May-21 06:29:03

Good morning from a cloudy Torbay, following rain overnight.

Yesterday, after our church service, the theme of which was “Joy, Love and Friendship”, the AGM was held so that the church wardens and PCC members were elected for the year. Since we’ve had no fundraising for over a year, finances are down but the Treasurer was upbeat due to healthy levels of giving from the congregation.

DH sent me the link to this delightful video clip which I hope will brighten your Monday morning:-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4-bLjw1KU

Have a good week, everyone! ?

Gagagran Mon 10-May-21 06:35:20

Morning all from a mild and sunny south coast. 10.7c at 6AM.

Inspired by DS's exploits on his South Downs Way training ride yesterday, DH and his chum are going out for a bike ride this morning. It will be at a much more sedate pace and there will not be a lot of hill climbing involved for them, unlike DS!

I plan a quiet day with a bit of pottering in the garden as my alliums are all beginning to flower and need a bit of tidying.
Nothing else much planned although we are expecting some deliveries from the big river company.

Good to hear that Iris is doing so well Mattie. Big relief for you! Enjoy watching the Sistine Chapel appear on your ceiling Kim - at least that's what I think you meant? grin

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

QuaintIrene Mon 10-May-21 06:36:32

Good morning Mick and everyone to follow. A dull morning in West Yorkshire, rainy all night. Roof continues to leak. I’m surprised it hasn’t fallen in. The Bank want two more estimates from roofers to calculate my loan. Joists need replacing and walls rendering. I feel like running away. My DH loved this house. I don’t.
Enough moaning.
Snowy cat is awake and having a wash. Then breakfast for us both, scrambled eggs.
Thoughts to all those who are ill or troubled and here’s hoping everyone has the best day possible flowers

grandMattie Mon 10-May-21 06:38:07

Ash Hahaha ?. Terrific! Thanks olddudders.
Yes, we too had a terrific sermon yesterday on love, and laying down your life for others. I often think it’s a shame that good preachers don’t publish (on line obviously) them for re-reading and better digestion in the message.

harrigran Mon 10-May-21 06:39:51

Good morning from an overcast but dry NE.
Nurse coming at 10am so I need to get moving.
It was lovely to see the family yesterday, the eleven year old has grown so much she looks as if she will overtake her fifteen year old sister.
DD has done all the required covid tests and has been told she can leave quarantine, will visit her dad later in the week.
Thinking of you all.

Gagagran Mon 10-May-21 06:40:44

Morning Ashcombe - loved the ponies!

Beechnut Mon 10-May-21 06:49:34

Good Morning from a bright Severnside.
Good news about Iris Mattie.

Have you ever seen the adventurous pair out and about Ash ?
I’m off swimming today and refuelling the car, the rest of my time will be pottering.

Thinking of you all ?

Susan56 Mon 10-May-21 06:55:14

Good morning from Shropshire.A day of sunshine and showers forecast.

Another quiet day planned here today??

What an absolute nightmare QuaintIrene.I really hope you can get the roof sorted soon.?

Great news about Iris grandMattie and loved the ponies Ash!

Glad the quarantine is over harri and your DD can visit.

Thinking of all with illness, anxieties and worries about loved ones.

Have a good day all??

kittylester Mon 10-May-21 06:58:59

Good morning from a bright North Leicestershire.

Our gardener is coming this morning but she will be DH's responsibility as I am having my hair done!!!

House insurance to sort this pm. shock

Ellianne Mon 10-May-21 07:06:27

The start of a new week and things are warming up in more ways than one. Our town is getting its life back with visitors and the hotels are looking pristine after their scaffolding has come down. Onwards and upwards.
Have a good day.

Dwmxwg Mon 10-May-21 07:07:22

Good morning all, overcast here in north Surrey but the sun is trying to break through.
Loved seeing those ponies on their Devon adventures, thank you Ashcombe for sharing.
Yesterday was a busy one. Boys, gym and then decided to move all the furniture in my lounge,diner. I am wanting to do complete refurbish but finding it difficult to decide exactly what I want, a friend suggested I try changing the room layout to get a feel for what I want. My dining end is now the lounge end, not sure yet, so will give it a few days.
It was a warm day so we were able to sit out for breaks and it made dog walking more pleasurable. Freddie has his follow up appointment tomorrow, he is starting to be more his old self.
DH has his usual Monday walk and pub lunch with friends. I will visit mum and dad armed with my cleaning bits to give their bathroom a once over.
Take care all, one more week to a bit more freedom

NanKate Mon 10-May-21 07:08:22

Good morning Mick and All.

A bright day here in South Bucks and a lot warmer.

Loved the video Ashcombe it has set my day up a treat ?

My first Qigong session for a month. It’s very relaxing.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-May-21 07:08:25

Morning Mick and all

It’s been raining in the night and more is forecast.

Off to the gym this morning, then I have hand washing (I have been putting it off for weeks but as most of DH and my sweaters are now in the washing basket, needs must). If time I shall blitz the fridge and freezers!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

baubles Mon 10-May-21 07:13:52

Good morning all from Perthshire where it’s looking a little brighter today after a weekend of heavy showers.

The weather hasn’t dampened the enthusiasm of the children this weekend. There has been swimming, pony trekking, zip wiring, adventure playgrounding, dog walking and puddle splashing. An altogether delightful weekend which has been so good for the soul.

I haven’t had a chance to catch up with the Grammingo news over the past few days, I’ll do that this evening when we are back home. Meanwhile I wish everyone a peaceful day.

Jaxjacky Mon 10-May-21 07:17:06

Good morning Mick and all from a was sunshine ten minutes ago, now cloudy. Good news on Iris gM, no flocks of ?flying over her Lego scene? ?
Roof situation sounds very wearing Quaint ? it gets resolved soon. DD visiting is cheering harri, something to look forward to for you both.
Farm shop in a short while, Monday is my volunteering afternoon/evening.
Have a pleasant day all. ??

BlueSapphire Mon 10-May-21 07:21:18

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton, but the sun is doing its best.

Did very little yesterday except read the papers and do the puzzle pages. But had a long phone call with a friend, which cheered up half an hour.

The usual tidying up this morning, then a trip to the dentist this afternoon for a check up; not been for 18 months, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Lovely video clip Ash.

Take care everyone.

grannytilly2511 Mon 10-May-21 07:23:18

Good morning from Somerset ,it’s dull here and drizzle.
DH off to golf this morning. Hopefully the weather won’t stop him playing .
Had a nice wonder around the garden centre yesterday.
Then went on to the Devon coast and had a walk along the cliffs .and a coffee at a beach cafe.
Usual Monday here .cleaning .washing ect .
Thoughts to all who are feeling under the weather ?
Have a good day everyone

monk08 Mon 10-May-21 07:32:39

Good morning from a dry and blustery Black country. Haven't read through yet but did notice QuaintIrene when I see that name I think of late MiL her name was Irene and she was 4ft 10. Prescription to pick up for DH then see how the day pans out. Chicken tikka for dinner. Have a good day everyone ?

Elizabeth1 Mon 10-May-21 07:33:51

Good morning all from a very bright start to the day fromAberdeenshire where we’ve been staying in a beautiful hotel over the weekend having had a short respite from the usual mundane things at home. It’s good that hospitality has opened up to allow us to see our Dd for her birthday and our 2 gs

We’ve all had such fun we’ve eaten enough to feed a small nation but oh such fun.

Going home soon now must think about getting up it’s near breakfast time
Have a good day everyone flowers

Marydoll Mon 10-May-21 07:34:46

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where it's 9 degrees C.

What a palaver trying to get on GN this morning: no internet on my tablet, locked out, eventually got on to find I was on the mobile site (which I dislike) and my current posts were from Christmas!!! Are HQ trying to tell me something? grin To top it all, I have dreadful hay fever! ?

Yestrday, I lost a day from my life trying to alter DH's four pairs of trousers. There is something far wrong with my sewing machine, but I can't figure out what it is. I broke four heavy duty needles and my spirit!!!
I eventually resorted to watching troubleshooting You Tube videos.
With DH's assistance, I even stripped it down. New career, sewing machine engineer! wink. In the end, I had to finish off by handstitching the hems. The thing is, I will now be like a dog with a bone, until I work out what is wrong. I have an inherent, troubleshooting gene, I just can't let go, until I have found a solution!
However, there was a bonus, we ended up ordering takeaway, to save me cooking dinner, fair compensation!

DH is golfing and I am girding my loins to visit the pharmacy with a suitcase to collect my medications. My SIL has been picking them up, but the pharmacy has started closing on a Saturday, (who know why, it's one of the busiest days), and he can't pick them up on a weekday.
I'm taking bets with myself as to what is missing this time!

The surveyor is supposed to be coming this afternoon to measure up for the replacement patio doors, fingers crossed, I'm not holding my breath!

Thinking of all my fellow mountaineers, who have a struggle to get through every day and wishing everyone a pleasant day, whatever your plans.

brook2704 Mon 10-May-21 07:35:05

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry and bright, slightly warmer too ?
Sounds like you’ve had a brilliant weekend Baubles just what’s needed!
Thank you for the video clip of the ponies Ash a lovely start to the day.
Nothing planned for me today, just the usual housework and then maybe gardening and a walk. DH is working this morning so an empty for me. I’ve not been back to the gym yet granygravy but hopefully this week, if I can get motivated ..
Your walk along the Devon cliffs and a coffee at a beach cafe sounds idyllic tilly so pleased you enjoyed it!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

cornergran Mon 10-May-21 07:35:10

Morning Mick, morning All. The sky can’t make up its mind this morning, the definite is it’s still windy in our corner of Somerset. S

Enjoyed some unplanned garden tidying yesterday, warm enough for coffee outside. Some worrying news about the health of a friend and neighbour, as she and her daughter requested I spent most of the afternoon sharing it with others. Hard going as she’s much loved.

A quick trip into town to return a top, then some general catching up for me today.

I’m sorry to hear your bank doesn’t understand the urgency quaintirene, hope those quotations arrive quickly. I’ll watch the video later ashcombe, something to look forward to. Good news you’re daughter can soon be with you harri. Good luck with the dentist bluesapphire, we’re due next month, same timescale for Mr C who is convinced a bank loan will be necessary.

Take care everyone, hope Monday is kind to us all.