Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(96 Posts)
12Michael Wed 12-May-21 06:07:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky but with cloud this morning in Brackley .
Went out yesterday , despite occasional rain showers, it was warmer than recent weeks .
Today, stay in , maybe a small shop , plus watch the Giro on TV unfold , even the weather conditions in Italy are faced with rain.
Mind you it feels like March and April rolled into one .
Take Care,
Mick

Nannytopsy Wed 12-May-21 06:19:55

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
I am very early today! It’s a lovely morning in Suffolk and the birds are already busy in the garden to feed their chicks. There are swifts and house martins but we don’t have swallows here.
It’s opticians and click and collect today, then I am in a virtual audience for Gardeners’ Question Time.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Beechnut Wed 12-May-21 06:20:34

Good morning from a cloudy and damp Severnside.

I’ve a few things to get done this morning. BeechNutella will be away for her birthday later this week so she’s coming today to spend a few hours with me.

Take care all ?

Ashcombe Wed 12-May-21 06:21:20

Good morning, all from a bright and sunny Torbay, forecast to be wet later (again!)

Following on with the weather theme, Mick, my son had a challenging drive home from work in Staffs yesterday when he encountered an epic hailstorm! He feared for his windscreen, being struck by such large hailstones! I wonder if Susan56 experienced it whilst caring for her DGS in the same area.

I hope everyone has a calm and happy day. ?

grandMattie Wed 12-May-21 06:22:53

Good morning from a cloudless E Kent. Wish we could have some more rain here. I swear that we are the Gobi/Sahara of the UK!
Look what I found at the supermarket yesterday. Irresistible! Wearing it today, whatever the temperature.
Seeing the podiatrist o day. Nor sure I’ll carry on going so often; she’s put her prices up very much. I can get a massage and pedicure for that price, so think I’ll alternate if I can.
Visiting my old friend in nursing home this afternoon. It’s complicated, involves driving - I hate driving and have no confidence since I had an argument with a bollard and lost, outside said nursing home 18 months ago.
Have the very best day today with a smile ?, a flamboyance of flamingos ?????. Love to all our GraMmingos?

grandMattie Wed 12-May-21 06:27:51

Wow,*topsy*, when is GQT being aired? Curiously, everything seems to e late here in E Kent, the wisteria is only just starting to show colour, the bird cherries are still in full bloom. ThoughDH has heard a cuckoo, I’ve yet to hear the house martins and swifts.
Must have been terrifying, Ash.

Kim19 Wed 12-May-21 06:33:31

grandMattie, you can gladly have some of my rain up here in the north. Positively chucking it down right now and I'm just a gigantic bit weary of it. I'm scheduled for a lunch outdoors today! Pretty colours, by the way. Enjoy the wear and thanks for sharing. Hope all of us have the best possible day.

cornergran Wed 12-May-21 06:35:13

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy, dry corner of Somerset.

It seems I will be joining the knee replacement gang at some point. The Consultant thought it should have happened before, oops.

We’ve had those sort of hailstones ashcombe, I feared for the conservatory roof, pleased your son was OK. It’s a funny old year for weather. I can imagine how that top called to you grandMattie, enjoy wearing it. If I could send you some of our rain I’d do it in an instant, a swap for a day would be good. Hope marydoll enjoyed her day yesterday and didn’t overdo things.

Usual dust removal for us today, then we’re venturing to a supermarket for some grocery shopping, I’m quite excited about it.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is gentle with us all.

Susan56 Wed 12-May-21 06:39:06

Good morning from Shropshire.

Yes,Ashcombe we got caught in the storm too.Staffordshire seems to get extremes of weather.

A quick message from me while I have a quick breakfast as I have had a worrying message to say my daughter is really unwell and can we go and collect the children.We sent a message back but nothing since.I am feeling scared as she has felt unwell for a while but impossible to see a dr.

Have a good day all.

Dwmxwg Wed 12-May-21 06:40:39

Good morning all from a sunny north Surrey.
Wow those hailstones look huge Ashcombe. Biblical weather we are having, read the very sad news that young boy killed in Blackpool after being struck by lightning whilst playing football.
GrandMattie I love your new T-shirt.
My visit to the dentist went ok, he thinks I am just very unlucky with my sensitive teeth as there are no obvious reasons why they are so bad, will keep experimenting with various toothpastes and paracetamol does help when they are really bad.
Work was quieter and I was able to leave early which meant home cooked dinner rather than my usual sachet meal I take to work, win win.
This morning I have my PT, the stretching exercises he gave me last week for my back have worked wonders so am hopeful we can do a full session with weights. I then go on from him to the gym to get a cardio session in on the bike. Good start to the day.
Wednesday is bed changing and clean the bedroom day. If weather is as promised will spend time in the garden.
Boys will be here as usual this evening.
Wishing all a day of ?☀️?

Dwmxwg Wed 12-May-21 06:43:33

Hope all is ok with your daughter Susan

Ellianne Wed 12-May-21 06:44:27

Good morning.
Busy packing today for holiday starting tomorrow. Just hoping the weather improves a bit.
Speaking of Gardeners' World, I can't wait for the flower show on TV soon.
Have a nice day.

Gagagran Wed 12-May-21 06:51:56

Morning everyone! Bright and sunny here on the south coast and 9.3c. There are showers for this evening and tomorrow according to the forecast. Saves having to water.

Had a busy and productive day yesterday starting with re-arranging the back garden pots and seating so we could put my orange tree out after its winter stay indoors. It won't tolerate frost and is covered in tiny oranges with more flowers on their way so more fruit to come.

Then we went to the garden centre for compost and found that the large gift and card area is now a Sainsburys! I could do all my grocery shopping there if I wanted. It was a big surprise. I bought a couple of things there and a lovely French lavender to go in the front garden plus 6 bags of compost. As expected DH sat and did his crossword in the car until I summonsed him to come and load the compost!

He spent the afternoon weeding and tidying in the front garden. We are trying to eradicate a large and vigorous patch of Golden Rod, which I dislike, but it keeps throwing up new shoots unless all the roots are extracted. Forth Road bridge job I think. I supervised.grin

This morning our cleaners will be here to do their magic and at 9am DH's surgeon is due to ring him to check progress and to advise re the third operation (and hopefully final one).

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

grandmajet Wed 12-May-21 06:55:51

We had quite a dramatic thunderstorm here in Nottinghamshire yesterday evening but all is calm this morning. I have my hospital trip this afternoon. I’ve been told it will be about an hour and a half while they assess me for surgery.
I hope your daughter is ok susan.
Have you tried Colgate Pro-relief, Dwm? It made such a difference to my teeth.
Enjoy the day, everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 12-May-21 07:04:52

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we have a foggy start to the day. Sure it’ll clear soon but I can’t see the Pennines yet. We will be over to my stepfather’s later going by bus as the bubble is still in for service. The bus stop is right outside the entrance door to these apartments and we will get a taxi back. A blether and a couple of wee drams as usual. (ooh just realised Himself won’t be driving so he can have more than his usual ‘just the one’).

No idea what meal to make tonight. Himself could call into the larder as we get out of the taxi. It is so easy here. Deciding what to have on a daily basis.

The 7am train to Liverpool Lime Street has just pulled into the station opposite amselerin but no early bird passengers alighted. Off it goes.

Susan56 I can sense your anxiety I hope things are not as bad as you fear. ❤️ the flamingo top grandMattie! No wonder you bought it. Those are some giant hailstones Ashcombe! This isn’t like May at all. Yes, that poor 9y old out playing football in Blackpool yesterday evening. It upset me when I heard about it last night. His poor family grieving today. A freak tragic accident.

Hope Wednesday (already?) goes well for everyone. Keep safe.

dragonfly46 Wed 12-May-21 07:12:48

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire, I think we missed the hail stones.

I have to go for a blood test again this morning but to the hospital this time. They could not get any blood out of me at the doctors.
I am feeling quite anxious.

I hope your DD is okay Susan.
Have a good day.

Jaxjacky Wed 12-May-21 07:12:48

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny, high cloud S Hants. GQT, how exciting topsy, let us know when it’s on. Susan hope your daughter is not too bad.
gM once you’ve been to see your friend I’m sure a little confidence will return. Elliane have a truly lovely break, I’m not minding the weather, but then I’m not going away, so I hope it stays pleasant for you. No special plans today, up to the allotment later, I’d just put my shoes on to go yesterday at 4:30pm and it rained, first rain all day!
Enjoy your Wednesday all, good to see Grandmafrench back and pleased to hear good things about Maw and Rosie. ?

Grandmabatty Wed 12-May-21 07:15:26

Good morning all. Wet here in Polmont. I hope your daughter is okay Susan and they can find out what is wrong.
Yesterday was challenging as dgs was quite emotional and wayward as only toddlers can! However both of us survived. I had good news from a friend who sent a photo of her beautiful new granddaughter. I love the flamingo top, Grandmattie. Ashcombe those are monster hailstones! Yesterday ended up warm and sunny here. My next door neighbour's children have been at his house a lot and the garden was completely cleared up yesterday so I expect it'll be on the market soon. It's a shame as he's a lovely man but now unable to live unsupported.
Today I have a haircut at half eight, then I'll visit mum, then friends. This afternoon I have a small greenhouse to build and a WhatsApp chat. I hope you all have a good day.

NanKate Wed 12-May-21 07:24:12

Morning Mick and All.

Grey but dry in South Bucks today.

Hope you can get things sorted Susan for your daughter. Remember she can always ring 111 and they can set up an appointment with the doctor. It’s worked for me twice.

Love your top grandMattie. ?

Off with a friend to visit our friend with Alzheimer’s we haven’t seen for a year. We are going to sit in her garden and we have brought her birthday presents. I wonder how she will be. I speak to her on the phone but we usually have the same conversation. It’s so sad.

harrigran Wed 12-May-21 07:33:28

Good morning from a mild and dry NE.
Today I celebrate three quarters of a century. My sister is going to pop by, something to look forward to.
Yesterday was a busy day with deliveries, Sainsbury's and my Cote at home arrived at the same time just to keep me busy.
DIL arranged a birthday cake and a tin of biscuits from Betty's and they arrived just before the groceries.
Last night DH came downstairs for a meal and had fishcake and some vegetables. I know it is the massive doses of steroids that are giving him the boost but it was nice to have some normality.
Happy Birthday Marmight flowers

brook2704 Wed 12-May-21 07:38:02

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry and cloudy and not too cold. Yesterday morning was sunshine and showers but the afternoon turned out bright and sunny, an unexpected treat!
I hope your DD is ok susan thinking of you
Goodness me dwm I used to think I was fairly active until I started reading your posts - enjoy your busy day!
I had a lovely day yesterday shopping and meeting my friend but today it’s the usual pottering in the garden and maybe a walk around the woods.
Hope all goes well this afternoon grandmajet take care
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

grannysyb Wed 12-May-21 07:42:32

It's bright and sunny here in Teddington, I think DH will want to go to the allotment as he needs to do some bee keeping, and I need to plant some beans. Trouble is I am meeting my friend at 12 for our usual Wednesday walk, so not much time! However forecast looks OK for this afternoon, so we could go then. I think we could all do with some better weather, those hailstones looked scary if you were out in them!

monk08 Wed 12-May-21 07:46:08

Morning Mick from the Black country.

Bright start to the day lovely blue sky long may it last.
DH birthday today will see what he wants to do when he awakes. Usually go for a meal but have arranged that for next week when places inside open. DS will bring the boys over on Saturday but will facetime before they go to bed this evening.

Hope Marydoll enjoyed her day yesterday .
Will read read through later will go and wake the birthday boy.
Have a good day.

BlueSapphire Wed 12-May-21 07:56:23

Good morning from a bright Northampton, but showers forecast for later on, like yesterday, which meant I didn't get to my health walk. Just half an hour before we were due to go we had a terrific thunderstorm, so I called my friend to say I wouldn't be going. Typically the sun came out a bit later and it was beautiful. Hoping to try again another day.

No plans for today except finish the Sainsbury's order for tomorrow, and perhaps take the Shark upstairs to do the bedrooms. This afternoon I will attempt to sew up the wrap/poncho thingy I have just finished knitting. I started on a new light summer top last night in a lovely peachy/orange colour. And have just seen a lovely pattern for another poncho, so I may download the pattern and order yet more wool......

Hope things turn out well today for those with worries.

dragonfly46 Wed 12-May-21 07:57:03

Happy Birthday Harri.