Gransnet forums

Chat

During the lockdown I went totally off the rails............... ..

(67 Posts)
TerriBull Wed 12-May-21 10:23:38

and ate bread shock not me, Gwyneth Paltrow. Clearly I've been off the rails practically all my life.

Has anything sent you off the rails in the past 12 months? apart from reading the endless drivel spouted by a number of well known individuals quirky little statements such as that from the Goddess of Goop grin

Aveline Wed 12-May-21 10:29:40

I dream of bread!

nanna8 Wed 12-May-21 10:35:00

I discovered pina colada in a cask and it is becoming my go to ‘soft’ drink. Wahay.

Sago Wed 12-May-21 10:38:03

I light my vagina scented candles in the evening after having sat down to a meal of virgin puy lentils steamed with organic kale and chia jus.
We wash this down with 30000 year old Icelandic water that has been filtered through sealskins.
We then do some tantric yoga and meditate before sleep.

Gwynnie is so sanctimonious and hypocritical!

I’ve mastered sourdough since COVID, it’s barely out of the oven before the President butter and bread knife are out.
I can open a bottle of Rioja with my hands tied behind my back and I practically inhale Lindt salted caramel chocolate.

I would far rather have a night out with Kerry Katona than Gwynnie.

TerriBull Wed 12-May-21 10:38:58

I'd really like to consciously uncouple from bread, but I don't know how sad

TerriBull Wed 12-May-21 10:42:20

I suppose butter manages that, conscious uncoupling from bread that is, but then it's always had the ability to spread itself about grin

Yes so true Sago, no wonder Ricky Gervais has a go at some of the more ridiculous element in show biz.

MayBee70 Wed 12-May-21 10:44:57

Yes. White bread and butter. Anytime of day but especially late at night. My stomach swells up like a balloon when I eat bread and I often have to go cold turkey to stop the craving. Which I’m doing at the moment.

Aveline Wed 12-May-21 10:49:20

Did anyone see 'Starstruck' on BBC? In it I was amused to see Minnie Driver, as the film star's agent, tell him to phone her if he's thinking of eating bread. Like an alcoholic's sponsor!
Actually, if you haven't seen that series I'd recommend it. Rose Mattafeo is a good comic actress. Its daft nonsense but a nice change.

JustMe Wed 12-May-21 11:32:08

I rediscovered bread making big time! Every recipe imaginable.
Beer and mustard (sounds horrible but is delicious)
Chilli and cheese
and every variation of wholemeal, white and brown and foccacia.

How I wish I had rediscovered cross stitch or knitting because I am not having to make serious inroads into the weight gain!

JustMe Wed 12-May-21 11:32:40

Oh and homemade pizza bases too!

Hipsy Wed 12-May-21 11:34:02

Sago {grin}

Hipsy Wed 12-May-21 11:34:24

grin !!

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 12-May-21 11:37:54

Very messy sandwich without a slice or 2 of delicious soft white bread......

Kate1949 Wed 12-May-21 11:43:37

A chip butty with white bread and butter. What a ridiculous woman Gwyneth seems.

sodapop Wed 12-May-21 14:01:38

My mouth is watering at the thought of it Kate grin

BigBertha1 Wed 12-May-21 14:06:59

Well it was chocolate all the way until I discovered the sheer volume of Lockdown Lard I had accumulated when I eventually stepped on the scales at Easter.

Marmight Wed 12-May-21 14:08:43

Negroni
French salted butter with thick white bread
Aldi chocolate biscuits
?
Not all at the same time ....

Kate1949 Wed 12-May-21 15:45:20

Mine too. *sodapop". smile

Callistemon Wed 12-May-21 15:58:07

TerriBull

I'd really like to consciously uncouple from bread, but I don't know how sad

???

AGAA4 Wed 12-May-21 16:35:29

There were times when I haven't eaten bread but only because my routine didn't allow for it. How miserable to deny yourself something you enjoy eating.

MayBee70 Wed 12-May-21 16:38:59

Well, I’ve not eaten bread for several days now and I’ve drastically reduced what I’m eating, mainly because I’m not feeling hungry. I do think bread does something to blood sugar levels. I’ve cut out the brandy as well, but that’s another story.....

Callistemon Wed 12-May-21 16:51:36

I’ve cut out the brandy as well, but that’s another story.....

You mean you've consciously uncoupled from the brandy Maybee

?

I think I'll couple with a ? tonight

Puzzler61 Wed 12-May-21 17:02:54

DH did most of the shopping during the past year and I hold him responsible for all the pecan maple Danish pastries I have eaten as he kept coming home with them although they weren’t on the lis the went with.
We have both been off the rails.
If he goes to another well know supermarket he brings pecan and butterscotch icing danish twists which are heavenly but highly calorific.
I’m not sure when we will get back on the rails ?
But Gwyneth - she takes it all to a different level completely.

Puzzler61 Wed 12-May-21 17:03:10

*list

grannysyb Wed 12-May-21 17:05:14

DH and I have just shared the crust from the loaf we made this morning, he had jam and I had honey!