Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 13-May-21 14:08:57

Good Evening! Freezing cold here! 8C minimum and !4C maximum with a cold snap on the way in time for the weekend.! Glad I’m not playing football these days!
For starters I need new specs because I read Jaxjacky’s message to say that The Saints beat Palace 8-1. Anything is possible I suppose.
Saw a glimpse on the news this evening of Chelsea gifting a goal to Arsenal so must watch that recording.

Six more Covid cases today, but I’m hazy on details other than that the hotel quarantine system in S.Australia is attracting a lot of attention after that man returned from India and stayed there.

rafichagran Two jabs!? You’re good to go anywhere if only they’d let you! Another vaccine supplier (Moderna) has joined our list making three. Wants to manufacture in OZ, but won’t be ready until next year. .
Plenty of talk already of the millions of shots purchased, but less talk of when I get mine!

Jaxjacky “See you later” is very common here too: very boring as you say, very automatic and meaningless in situations where you’re never likely to meet again in a million years..
Your allotment seems to be getting a lot of attention. I suspect your shed is equipped with telly and mini-bar, which are lacking in the Gransnet Grandad’s Shed. No chance of getting them now as I appear to be the only Grandad left standing. and even that is under attack at the moment!

Aveline You certainly live the high life with “quesedilla”, whatever that is; is it a local delicacy such as Cornish Pasty? sounds posh, but I’m not going to Google it “cos I know I'’ll be side-tracked and before we know it will be Friesday!.

I chickened out on our Over 80’s Club today because of the fact I must be becoming a Nervous Nellie because of recent news of more Covid cases, my worry about throwing exercise balls around at each other and a weather forecast of rain all afternoon which Freda would have disliked; and rain it did! Freezing cold too! Fortunately no hail such as Brisbane copped yesterday leaving thousands without power.

Must go and make a cup of hot cocoa!
Good Health brew brew brew
OoRoo

rafichagran Thu 13-May-21 16:22:12

Good Evening Rufus, yes good to go, not good that it is so cold, and you have more covid cases. Take care.

Jaxjacky Thu 13-May-21 17:45:28

Hi Rufus, crumbs your temperatures seem to have dropped quickly! Yes, a big oops from Chelsea, otherwise a ho hum sort of game. Tuchel took all the blame, managers seem to be improving slightly in not blaming linesmen/refs/VAR/the cleaner etc and acknowledging some responsibility.
I bid you adieu, stay warm
Take care ?

Aveline Thu 13-May-21 18:30:04

Big drop in temperature Rufus2. Mind you I'm writing this in front of a roaring fire and wearing my thermals and fleece. That'll teach me to put them away for the winter.
Birthday party for youngest DGS. Lots of lovely chocolate cake. Yum.
You take care. Just as well to miss that class. Those over 80s can be hooligans.