Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(128 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-May-21 06:08:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start , its been raining as well as well ehere in Brackley .
Yesterdays 2nd jab , aching left upper arm at moment , but I did get up there earlier than scheduled time walked straight in more or less , had the jab sat for 15 minutes after and left .
Being early came back into town centre and caught bus to Bicester for usual stint there .
Today , morning shop ,and I then have my blood test this afternoon ,and also fill in the remainder of the form the surgery provide, things like weight, and blood pressure reading having to calculate average for 14 readings over 7 days , i have the formula .
Go to surgery , come back and watch my cycle race on TV , which is also getting similar weather conditions to UK .
Take Care,
Mick

Scentia Fri 14-May-21 06:20:16

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it looks a little grey out there.

DD is still in hospital and is getting cross as she cannot see her son. She has been diagnosed with a type of anemia that is making her very poorly indeed and she has to have injections to increase her B12 and Folic something or other. She is a control freak like her mother and is hating being told she can’t leave hospital with her new daughter. Hopefully today she will get the nod to go home, I wouldn’t like to be the doctor that tells her she has to stay another night?
I am at work this morning and then taking FiL to get his eyes tested, then I will pick DGS up to stay here overnight unless DD is home of course.
It was lovely to read all your congratulations yesterday and I hope everyone is feeling good and any troubles you may have will be little ones.
Take care my friends ❤️

Susan56 Fri 14-May-21 06:21:19

Good morning Mick and all who follow.

Glad yesterday went well for you with the second jab Mick.

Another day of school run and looking after Henry today.

I will try and get back to read everyone’s posts later but thank you for all your kind posts and messages and sending love and strength to all who need it??

Beechnut Fri 14-May-21 06:23:04

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s wet but not raining . No grey sky so we might get a reasonable day.

I’m tempted to do my weekly shop at Asda today and I’ve to pick up a garden magazine I like.

I hope you all have a good day and wishing Marydoll a very Happy Birthday. ??? if I remember right it’s a significant one.

Scentia Fri 14-May-21 06:29:44

Ooh Happy Birthday Marydoll ?

Ashcombe Fri 14-May-21 06:30:05

Good morning, everyone, from Torbay where at last it has stopped raining for a few hours!

In a break between a nearly 30 hours of rain yesterday evening, I popped across to our church for an Ascension Day Mass and I’m very glad I did. Our priest was on form when it came to the sermon and related an amusing tale about how he recorded the online service the previous day when it was raining heavily. For several months, our church has been open daily for private prayer but he thought the atrocious weather would deter visitors. He was wrong. Two visitors wandered in and also a ginger cat which walked all the way up to the altar where he was recording, regarded him with disdain then left! ?

I plan to venture out to Lidl soon, before the next storm rolls in! I hope there are brighter skies (in every sense) in your part of the world! ☀️⛅️☀️

grandMattie Fri 14-May-21 06:32:03

Good morning from a drab grey chilly E Kent.
Happy birthday Marydoll.?????. May you be showered with blessings and happiness.
Scentia, I’m very sorry to hear about your DD, but at least this explains why she has been so unwell during her pregnancy. She may well feel a lot better once the anaemia is treated.
Another empty, full of boring chores; bedding.
I made a slight error the other day ordering some unbleached calico. I got 8m of 2.5m wide fabric. It is HUGE. I can probably make two covers for the car, should I need one! Whoops. I have cut it into 4 pieces, washed them in very water, and is need to iron it. Not an easy job. Silly moi.
I hope that birthdays are celebrated with joy, pain, sorrow, anxiety are lessened and the occasional flamboyance of flamingos make an appearance ☀️?????

Dwmxwg Fri 14-May-21 06:32:12

Good morning from north Surrey. A grey day but hopefully a dry one. DGS2’s after school football was cancelled yesterday due to weather, think they are being ultra cautious but not surprising in the circumstances.
Mum and dad were on good form yesterday. Did some more cleaning for them. They really could do with a regular cleaner but won’t commit. I don’t mind doing at all, I think mum just doesn’t see things now.
I have promised pancakes for breakfast this morning. School run and sort their “stuff” to take home. Always have lots of washing when they have gone and a bathroom to clean.
Online Pilates and an hour at the allotment helping DH with some weeding.
This afternoon I am on nursery collection for DGD1. DH is coming to help her plant some seeds in a pot to give her some interest in the garden. He will go home but I am staying as I am babysitting for the girls so mum and dad can go out for a meal. Think they are booked at a pub which has heated “pods” in the garden so should be comfortable.
Happy Friday to all

Susan56 Fri 14-May-21 06:34:26

Happy birthday Marydoll.Hope you have a lovely day?????

Dwmxwg Fri 14-May-21 06:35:43

Happy birthday Marydoll
Scentia fingers crossed ?? your DD and baby come home today

Ashcombe Fri 14-May-21 06:55:00

Happy birthday, Marydoll! ?????
Let’s hope your DD is home soon, Scentia, once her B12 levels are sorted out. My DD2 has that condition, too.
Thoughts with Susan56 and her daughter. ?

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 14-May-21 06:56:28

Happy birthday Marydoll have a lovely day

Scentia your new GD looks beautiful, hope they will be home soon

Have a good day everyone

NanKate Fri 14-May-21 06:57:21

Morning Mick and All

Grey here in South Bucks ☁️☁️☁️☁️

It’s very kind of you Mary to invite us all from the GM thread to your Birthday Party. Can I have one of your iced buns and a glass of Prosecco please just to start off with ? ???

We are meeting up on Sunday with the family first time since last October and I rashly offered to bring the picnic ? so I am off down town to get the provisions in, plus vegan chocolate cake so that our youngest can have a piece as it is egg and nut free ?

brook2704 Fri 14-May-21 07:06:04

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry but with grey skies. Same as yesterday when the sun stayed in all day
A very Happy Birthday Marydoll I hope you have a lovely day - Prosecco and Iced buns all round please ???❤️
Today I’ve an appointment at the eye clinic and then as I’m nearby I’ll be going into town for a browse around the shops. And then tomorrow we’re off for a short 2 night break away in a little cottage on the west coast. It’s in the middle of nowhere with lots of walking on the doorstep so I’m really looking forward to it.
Hope you’re DD gets home today with her beautiful new baby daughter Scentia and she’s feeling well.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 14-May-21 07:11:16

Good morning all from cloudy Penruddock. Going home today. Some pictures o my sister’s garden!! (Hopefully will appear) though it should only take 2 hours to get home we will probably stop at various places en route depending on the weather

Happy Birthday Marydoll and many more!!!

Beauregard Fri 14-May-21 07:11:16

Good morning everyone.

Happy birthday Marydoll have a lovely day ?????

Congratulations Scentia Hope your DD is well enough to go home today.

Susan Hope your DD is feeling better.

Yesterday we were watching a newly fledged sparrow in the garden. Its parents had brought it over to the bird food we put out and were feeding it. During the day it learned to pick at the food itself and stayed there for ages. The parents kept coming back as if to say "come on now, that's enough", but it just wanted to stay where the food was! It was lovely to see, although we were nervously on cat watch while it was there.

Hope Friday is a good day for all.

Sheepandcattle Fri 14-May-21 07:16:18

Good morning Mick and all from damp and dreary Wiltshire. (I think it’s time for all you grans to stop the rain-dancing now....the grass is growing nicely so thank-you but enough is enough!) I haven’t posted for a while as the mornings are lighter so I’m up and pottering earlier and the time flies past.
Congratulations to Scentia on her gorgeous new granddaughter and I hope your daughter is allowed home today. Happy birthday to Marydoll and anyone else who’s had birthdays that I’ve missed.
All is well on the farm, especially now that we have grass growing so happy animals. Iris the cow, named after our Good Morning thread brave little mascot (!) has had a lovely bull calf. Bogdon the bull has been returned to the farmer whom we bought him from with 4 fully-functioning feet now, so that was a good result. Popeye the lamb’s eye has healed as well as it ever will and causes her no bother. She’s a character and loves to chew my hair when she has her cuddles - something my hairdresser noticed when she cut my hair last week and found some very short bits in amongst my hair! Olive the lamb with the spinal abscess who had no use in her legs has been my star this week - after almost 7 weeks, she now runs about the field with all the other orphan lambs! She wobbles a bit but I’d almost given up hope that she’d ever be right. Nature and time are wonderful healers. The summer calving herd are just starting to calve now and will continue through till August. I’ve got a busy few weeks ahead as, with lockdown easing on Monday, I’m having my elderly parents down to stay, followed by my aunt and then my son and his family. This does mean that I’m going to have to up my housework and, horror of horrors, do some proper cooking! It will be lovely to be able to see family again though so I’m not complaining. I’ll try and take some photos today of the farm’s ‘stars’ to post tomorrow.
Wishing you all a happy, flamingo-filled Friday.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 14-May-21 07:18:55

Oops! Finger trouble!! Pictures -

Have a great day all and may the flamingoes be with you!!

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 14-May-21 07:20:23

OK no pictures!! Will try when I’m home!

grandmajet Fri 14-May-21 07:21:39

Good morning from a grey Nottinghamshire. It looks very drab out there.
You all sound very busy. dwm, your post makes me tired just thinking of it all!
brook, I’m not at all envious of your little holiday! envy

I have a nice day ahead. Eldest and youngest daughter are coming for lunch in the garden, or carport if it rains. I’ve made spicy butternut squash and carrot soup which tasted very spicy when I tested it, from one little chilli! Also apple crumble and custard. I can eat all those things as low fibre. Grandpajet will make some salads etc which I can’t eat, but they will all enjoy. Our son is coming tomorrow for an outside chat. They keep wanting a look at me before the big op.!

Hoping for better weather soon for us all, and have the best day you can, especially the Birthday Girl!

Jaxjacky Fri 14-May-21 07:23:03

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Hants, showers forecast, second jab done yesterday, as efficiently as the first. I was going to redo my hanging baskets today, but it can wait. Off to the vape shop later, butchers and small M&S to pick up some ordered jeans.
Scentia I hope your daughter has her anaemia sorted smartly, so she can get home with her new babe. And Susan hoping your daughter isn’t feeling too rough.
And a great big Happy Birthday to Marydoll have a wonderful day ???.

brook2704 Fri 14-May-21 07:23:37

Such lovely pictures gwen right on the waters edge - how beautiful!

grandmajet Fri 14-May-21 07:25:13

Gwenisgreat, is that your sister’s garden? How lovely.

ginny Fri 14-May-21 07:27:29

Good morning.
Happy Birthday Marydoll
Scentia hope your Dd can come home and you get your first real life view of your DGD.
Thoughts with all who are ill or troubled.

I am not mentioning the weather as we are off out for the day soon and pretending it is summer ! Will let you know where and how we get in tomorrow

dragonfly46 Fri 14-May-21 07:38:28

Good morning from a dull Leicestershire - we missed the rain yesterday.

Good news about Dexter as his lump is an ingrowing hair follicle. It isn’t growing or bothering him so will leave well alone. My DD is coming to pick him up tomorrow. It will be good to see her.

Happy Birthday Mary May you have many more!
I hope your DD is home today Scentia and they get to the bottom of your DD’s illness Susan.

Hope everyone has a good day.