Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(61 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-May-21 06:12:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey above but its dry at the moment here in Brackley although could have rain showers throughout the day .
Plan for today , catch bus to Buckingham ,and then to Bicester , will di usual there have a coffee , hopefully the last time officially outside .
Small shop and bus back home , yesterdays surgery visit for blood test , resulted in unable to extract any.
So again in a couple of weeks with a morning appointment , otherwise OK , the blood pressure monitor readings I gave seem a little high so the she took it again , but explained that maybe the one I brought seem to be different as to fitting it on, but reading taken there was lower than those I gave .
Watch cycling unfold in Italy on TV ,and keeping an eye on where the GB riders finish.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 15-May-21 06:19:46

Good morning from yet another grey day in E Kent. We don’t seem to get much of the rain, just the gloom...
Hope the “vampires” are better at extracting your blood next time, “Mick”, and good about the BP!
Did very little yesterday, ditto today. Possibly plant out seedlings of French marigolds, calendula and a small red flowered morning glory. The foliage is lovely.
Hope Marydoll has a fantastic day yesterday as did all the other birthday peeps. May today bring peace and gentleness to you lives. ????❤️

MawBe Sat 15-May-21 06:20:29

Good morning Mick and all to come.
Dampish here in N Bucks too but a happy day as it is Flynn’s FIFTH birthday ??
He can’t have a proper party (again) but D has organised a totally Covid compliant Pokemon themed treasure hunt around where they live for all his little friends.
I hope to pop down tomorrow to meet up with them in the park when it will no doubt also be dampish. ☔️☔️☔️
Wishing you all a pleasant day - nice to be back flowers

Scentia Sat 15-May-21 06:32:57

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is a little grey and rather cool.

Welcome back Maw.
DD is home she called us at 11pm to ask if DGS was asleep as she wants desperately to hold him?? . DGS will give athletics a miss this morning and DH and I will take him home to see his mummy and daddy and meet his new sister.
I think, as Urms said she will have a shock at the size of her sons hands when she sees him this morning?. DD has said it is fine for DH and I to pop in for a cuddle.
Marydoll. Hope you had a good birthday and your pension was in the bank?

Enjoy your Saturday folks and keep smiling?

Gagagran Sat 15-May-21 06:41:07

Morning all from a wet south coast and still only 9.6c on my weather station. Wish it would warm up. My sun dance just doesn't seem to work as well as my rain dance did. confused

We have our usual click and collect groceries this morning, the laundry needs doing and DS will be here for a shower and food, about 5pm, after another South Downs Way training ride. DD is volunteering at the vaccination clinic again this afternoon and is hoping that she will get her second jab, and to top of an eventful Saturday, DGD1 is home from university for the weekend and will be calling in to see us. Whew!

Pleased to see you back Maw - we kept your seat warm in case common sense prevailed!

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine I'm dancing in hopes it works this time!

Ashcombe Sat 15-May-21 06:42:59

Good morning from a sunny (so far!) Torbay! Clouds are gathering.....?

Rain is expected later, for a change! Such a difference from May of last year. I hope it stays dry for the birthday plans, MawBe. Even the farmers have had enough - good to see sheepandcattle on here yesterday, especially with the good news re the lambs.

Yesterday, one of my neighbours brought me a fruitcake he’d made for my birthday which is next week. Such a kind thought! Last year, he donated a chocolate cake to my outdoor gathering of socially distanced neighbours to celebrate my 70th, even though he couldn’t join in due to shielding. I'm very blessed with my neighbours.

Happy weekend, good people! I hope all who are unwell have relief from their discomfort. ?

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 15-May-21 06:46:15

Good morning Mick good to hear your stats are heading in the right direction, not nice to have someone poking around looking for blood. And good morning everyone from a dull VOWH , at least it’s stopped raining,
I desperately need to get some seeds and plants into the garden, but as we are promised some fine weather soon I think I might wait a couple of days, my days of kneeling in wet grass and mud are over.
Another nothing day today, as I’m on more steroids, so I’ll take a wander down to the Bus Stop, which should be renamed as the School bus stop as that’s the only bus that goes through, and swap some books,
DD2 and dog are off home for a few days to see how she copes with stairs all day and normal cooking and housework, then she will think about getting in the car and driving off home, we will miss them but it will be nice to be able to get out and about. Eventually! And - at last!
I made contact Thursday with an old and very dear school friend on FB it’s been lovely to catch up, she was and still is ,I think, a lovely bubbly person, it will be fun to catch up online.
Have a good day everyone and for those that aren’t so chipper today a virtual hug.

brook2704 Sat 15-May-21 06:50:07

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s bright and dry so far.
A lovely start to the day to have you back on here with us again Maw and a very Happy Birthday 5th Birthday to Flynn ! ?? ?
Great news scentia that your DD is now home and the whole family can be reunited today. Enjoy your cuddle with your new baby DGD, you lucky lady!
I hope your GP can sort your blood tests mick and your BP readings are ok for you
Yesterday I was really pleased with the eye clinic appointment as I’d been worried that I’d need surgery on one eye that doesn’t fully open but injections were the answer instead. I was so pleased I skipped out on cloud nine! After that I treated myself to a few bits and bobs from M&S and then met DD2 for a coffee and a catch up. Hopefully I was a good listening ear again - she always seems to offload on me, but that’s what mums are for I guess ..
Today DH are off to for our mini break away on the West coast. At the last minute we booked a lovely little self catering cottage that was available just this weekend. So we’ll be loading up the car with boots, coats and wellies and heading off soon ?
Hope everyone with worries and struggles has a gentle day today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 15-May-21 06:54:35

Just spotted you maw good to have you back ?

Beechnut Sat 15-May-21 06:55:02

Good morning everyone from Severnside. It’s damp and I expect it will be raining again today looking at the sky.

A little admin to do today and make a payment for a workshop I’ve decided to do in a few months time. I will probably make some cards.

I heard yesterday that one of DH former work mates has died. There’s been a few of them lately unfortunately.

Have a good day all ?

Dwmxwg Sat 15-May-21 07:05:34

Good morning from a rainy north Surrey.
Welcome back Maw, hope the birthday party is not too damp today.
Scentia, enjoy your cuddle with new baby later.
I had a late night last night due to babysitting for DGS, I am not used to seeing past 10pm so feeling a bit jaded this morning. Will need to perk up as I have the gym booked for 8am.
DH and I spent a productive couple of hours at the allotment yesterday weeding round the strawberries and onions. All this rain meant lots of weeds but also they came out easily enough.
I have work this afternoon so just a few phone calls to make and some laundry to sort. My usual bacon and egg sandwich for brunch before a late shift.
Wishing all a lovely Saturday filled with ???

Dwmxwg Sat 15-May-21 07:08:00

brook have a fabulous weekend, sounds perfect. Glad to hear your eye appointment went well

Kim19 Sat 15-May-21 07:11:40

Good morning all. Dull but mild up here in the north. My GC and parents are coming today which will clear all the dull away big time. Hope you all have a lovely Saturday. I'm off to get started on the preparations

BlueSapphire Sat 15-May-21 07:14:57

Good morning everyone from a grey cloudy day here at DD's in East Northants.

Welcome back Maw!! What a lovely surprise to see your name. Hope you and Rosie are both well.

Will just be a pleasant day enjoying DD's and DSil's company (not forgetting the dogs). Dd has a hair appointment at some time, trying a new hairdresser. I have brought my knitting so will keep myself occopied, and I am sure rugby will be on TV at some time during the day.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

monk08 Sat 15-May-21 07:18:03

Morning Mick and all who follow. Weather wise another yuk day in the Black country. But the day will brighten up when DS arrives with the boys, they brighten any day. Hope Marydoll enjoyed her birthday and lovely to see Maw posting again. Wishing everyone a lovely Saturday whatever their plans.

Pittcity Sat 15-May-21 07:22:12

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
No weekend plans here. I'll sort clothes and line the shelves in the new wardrobes before filling them.
I'm still working out the rainy day laundry drying in this smaller house and have accumulated a pile of dirty bedding to work through.
Mick has reminded me that I need to take my BP at home more often. It's always ok at home but high at the surgery.

Sending love to all x

grandmajet Sat 15-May-21 07:24:42

Good morning everyone from a dull, grey Nottinghamshire where rain is forecast, again, and for much of next week. Your sun dance is not working, is it, Gagagran? Maybe if we all coordinate our efforts and go outside for a sun dance at the same time it will have more effect. It would certainly get noticed. Gransnet international sun dance! Bikini tops and grass skirts obviously.
On that note I’ll leave you all to have the best day you can, rain or shine.

Sar53 Sat 15-May-21 07:24:59

Good morning from a very wet Essex by the sea. We are meant to be going to a BBQ in DH's eldest daughter's garden this afternoon to celebrate the twins 4th birthday, which was on Tuesday. I fear it may be too damp.
We will be watching the Cup Final later and that is about all the excitement for today.
Good to see Maw back and I'm glad your daughter is home Scentia, enjoy your baby cuddles.
Have a lovely Saturday everyone xx

dragonfly46 Sat 15-May-21 07:32:39

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire.

I realised last week when DGD was 6 that we didn’t see her in person when she was 5! We are making up for that though at the end of the month when we go down to stay.

DD coming today to pick up Dexter. It seems the op to improve his breathing was a success, he no longer grunts and has more energy. So last day of cuddles today.

Hope everyone has a good day and welcome back Maw.

Gelisajams Sat 15-May-21 07:54:35

Good morning from Morecambe Bay. It’s overcast and I can’t see Grange so a suspect rain will be here soon.
That was a surprise seeing a post from Maw Welcome Back.
Hope Mary had a lovely day with no disasters and that she isn’t too tired to report. I hope her pension was in. Mine came 2 weeks after my birthday and was just half but they started paying it in full a few days ago.
Saw one of the grandchildren yesterday who we haven’t seen at all for well over a year. She was 13 on Tuesday and now literally towers above me. Her dad is well over 6 foot.
I found Manchester centre quite pleasant but kept away from Piccadilly Gardens.
Take care and stay safe everyone ???

ginny Sat 15-May-21 07:57:05

Good morning everyone.
Hello Maw !
Scentia So pleased your Dd and baby ( have I missed her name ?) is home. Enjoy your first cuddle.
Our spur of the moment trip yesterday was much enjoyed. A walk on the beach, pub garden lunch and a wander around a seaside town. The weather was also fairly kind to us.
DD1 is coming for lunch today. We’ll probably have a walk and of course lots of chat.
Hope you all find a ?today.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 15-May-21 07:57:43

Good morning all from cloudy Harrogate
Good to be home. Your idea of a sun dance made me laugh, Grandmajet I’ll stay out of it, I’d probably bring the fog out!!
Glad you enjoyed the pictures of my sister’s garden. It runs down to the Mill Loch. She’s made friends with a duck family, but a grumpy male swan will not let any other birds ? join them!! Today I have an appointment in Leeds to get this phone fixed!! Not sure I’ll have time for anything else.
Nice to see you again Maw. Glad your DD is back home Scentia. Enjoy your cuddle with the baby!!
Hope you weren’t too exhausted yesterday Marydoll
Hope everyone has the best day possible

Beauregard Sat 15-May-21 07:59:47

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's currently dry with rain expected later.

We had a lovely walk yesterday alongside two canals, about four miles. DH had spotted a footpath sign opposite a local retail park and decided to explore, and what a delight it was - lovely views and mostly flat! We passed his former work place - cue memories of the best job he'd ever had. It was a bonus to see the swans with their ten little cygnets swimming by.

I'm planning to spend the morning potting on some seedlings in the greenhouse, out of the rain. Our little sparrow keeps coming back looking for food, his parents keeping a close eye on him nearby. I can hear him chirping away now!

Good to see Maw back.

Hope today is a good day for all.

Gingster Sat 15-May-21 08:02:52

Good morning all and it’s wet and dreary here in Essex.

Yesterday we waited in all day for someone who was going to pick up an old trailer we have. No one arrived. Why don’t people let you know if they aren’t coming. It’s so rude! ?. We havent got a tow bar anymore and it’s taking up room on the drive and looks an eye sore. DS1 said he will come and break it up but I think it’s still too strong . Oh well, we’ll have to think again. ?.

Little GD is starting dance classes today. She’s 5 now and went along a few times when she was 3 but didn’t take to it. DD is very keen for her to go as she was a dancer for many years and loved it. Her eldest daughter didn’t take to it either ! ?

Hopefully, DH and DS1 will go and watch a footie match this afternoon but the weather isn’t looking good to be standing out in. Our son goes open water swimming on Saturday mornings at 6.30. Supposed to be very good for you ?. ?

Have a lovely weekend Brook - sounds idyllic. ?

Scentia enjoy your time with the new baby. ??

Hoping you all have a lovely Saturday whatever the weather ???‍???‍??‍♀️?????⚽️?

kittylester Sat 15-May-21 08:06:25

Good morning from a brightish North. We have lots of rain in the forecast so I will gave to pick my time to nip to the florist.

I looked after the Wondrous Wolfie yesterday as DD3 had a hospital appt. And DS2 called in on his way between places.

Cup final for us too this afternoon- yippee!! Paul Weller concert from the Barbican too - if we can astray up late enough.