Gransnet forums

Chat

What is making you happy today?

(161 Posts)
Blossoming Tue 08-Jun-21 11:41:58

So many things to be happy about for me today.

It’s warm and sunny, soothing muscles and making movement easier.

Both laundry hampers are completely empty!

Washing drying on the line in the glorious sunshine.

We have a bulky waste collection booked for today, can finally get rid of some major clutter.

My great nephew is celebrating his 9th birthday, thriving after scaring us all by arriving 6 weeks early via an emergency caesarean due to a detached placenta.

I feel so much more hopeful today.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Jun-21 11:45:17

The weather, gardening, - just came in for coffee, - seeing DD later to deliver her belated birthday present (Brexit?). Still it finally arrived?. Walking by the river later, giving the dog a refreshing paddle and seeing if the seal is still there catching mullet.

Glorious time of year!

Calendargirl Tue 08-Jun-21 11:47:32

Going to have quiche, new potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus, avocado for tea, followed by Greek yogurt with a dollop of conserve.

One of my favourite meals on a sunny day.

Unfortunately, have to do some housework this afternoon, but I tell myself many people would be glad to be able to do humdrum things like that.

So much to be thankful for, and don’t always realise it.

J52 Tue 08-Jun-21 11:51:54

Sitting in the garden listening to the birds sing and next doors chickens cluck.
Watching a pair of blackbirds fly in and out, feeding their young. Glorious day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 08-Jun-21 11:53:53

Walking the length of my road (it runs through the village from main road to tributary of Thames Estuary) and back again in the sunshine with GC in pram, and finally getting them to sleep ?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 08-Jun-21 11:56:28

Oops it was a 3 mile round trip!

merlotgran Tue 08-Jun-21 11:58:01

Blue sky, line full of washing, noisy road works out the front nearly finished, good book on the go and another offer on my house just pinged on my phone.

Pleeeeeease let this be the one!!!

Sago Tue 08-Jun-21 11:59:50

Sons negative COVID test ???

timetogo2016 Tue 08-Jun-21 12:07:24

Looking forward to going to the caravan and a 5 minute walk to the beach later today.
Gammon,jacket spuds and mixed veg with onion sauce followed by a glass of red wine.
Happy days .

Grandmafrench Tue 08-Jun-21 12:10:09

I'm SO happy today because I've had first hugs since 16 months ago from lovely friends, my "English" plants arrived from Northern France and safely, I'm going out after lunch in the garden with its wonderful perfumed plants, dazzling blue skies and 30 degrees of sun, on a hunt for trellis and I'm in such a good mood as I wait for the arrival of a Swiss friend for her first visit in a year to her home here. So happy I don't even waste anger on the cost of a tin of Hammerite for a wonderful cast iron screen for the clematis - £17 in the UK/€70 euros here!!!!!!!

She 'phones, I'm so pleased to know she's arrived safely while our lovely friend ( her H) is still trapped in Canada.

Before I offer a visit here, an apéro perhaps to catch up maybe tomorrow evening, she tells me that he is dead. Died in his sleep in Canada and their Son phoned from Switzerland early this morning to tell her that.

We are all in bits. Life can change just like that, happy feelings are often so transient, we MUST hang on to them and be able to take them out when we are in desperate need in desperate times. Find the fun, find the laughs, find good company, find the absurdity where we can, to bolster us against life suddenly and sadly changing forever. Enjoy every moment of what makes you happy, dear Grans.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 08-Jun-21 12:13:59

First time I’ve been out on my own, (partly due to Covid, partly due to ill health) since last July, to the local garden centre to choose bedding plants, forgot my PIN number for my card! It’s been so long since I used it.
Anyway, lovely day, house is all ship shape after the GCs left at the weekend and I feel well.

Happy days.

TerriBull Tue 08-Jun-21 12:20:50

Lots of sunshine has been in short supply lately.

Washing on the line.

Enjoying our garden, moved quite recently so it's still all fresh. Herbs growing in tubs on the patio. My newly acquired pendulum egg shaped chair ready and waiting. I had my grandchildren with me some of last week so they were fighting over sitting in it, so haven't had the pleasure of plonking my own derriere in it until today. However it's proving to be the perfect vessel for relaxing with a good book. whilst intermittently looking up with pleasure at the trees and plants around. Lots of birdsong. All these I appreciate more and more.

Actually glad we cancelled our flights to Portugal, should be there now, under the circumstances, I'd rather be here!

Redhead56 Tue 08-Jun-21 12:25:23

Pottering around my garden listening to the birds and watching the bees and butterflies hovering around. The sun helps my joints too makes it easier to get around. A lovely time of year it makes me feel more alive.
I am looking forward to seeing my youngest granddaughter tomorrow it’s her birthday she will be two.

silverlining48 Tue 08-Jun-21 12:27:26

Went to our large shopping centre fir the first time in over 18 months for an eye test and have 20/20 vision, the optician was very complimentary.
The sun is shining.
We are visiting old friends at the coast this weekend the forecast is good weather is hanging around fir a few days more so hope to have a paddle.
The dress I put on this morning (for the first time in ages) still fits.
Best if all I am not worrying about anything....long may that be so.

kittylester Tue 08-Jun-21 12:32:02

Sitting in the sun with dh and a cuppa planning changes. Looking forward to sitting in a cool dining room after lunch help on an Alzheimer's cafe zoom call.

So sad gmfrance. Hope you are ok.

Scentia Tue 08-Jun-21 12:37:29

The sun is shining, my pain killers seem to be working today, we have lots of work in our factory, but what makes me most happy is that tomorrow is my day off and I am off swimming with the DGC?

Parsley3 Tue 08-Jun-21 13:24:30

The news about the outstanding success of Trojan Shield made me very happy today.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 08-Jun-21 13:28:27

The sun is out and I have a visitor.

Lucca Tue 08-Jun-21 13:29:38

Visited dentist for first time in well over a year. All clear !
On way to see DS and family. Sun is out again.

ginny Tue 08-Jun-21 13:31:55

The weather.

DD3 arranging to visit tomorrow with baby Charlie.

A new tutor for our zoom meeting. Much better than the first one.

Looking forward to a long weekend in our caravan along with DD2 in hers.

Helenlouise3 Tue 08-Jun-21 13:38:20

No side effects from yesterday's second covid jab. Blue skies blue tits feeding in the garden, and flowers blooming.

M0nica Tue 08-Jun-21 13:38:42

Finally getting antibiotics for my respiratory infection and the GP ordered a chest xray.

MerylStreep Tue 08-Jun-21 13:43:26

It’s a bit 50/50 on the happy barometer. One friend is on the Brittany ferry on his way to Spain for 2 months and another friend is driving from Doncaster to stay with us for 3 days.

Kali2 Tue 08-Jun-21 13:45:34

bird song, peonies and tree peonies just bursting with a few raindrops on - my earth daughter's birthday party later on smile

fevertree Tue 08-Jun-21 13:46:56

A spontaneous, unplanned, drop-in visit from friends we haven't seen since pre Covid. (We did have half an hour's notice from them en route, so I could whizz around the house and tidy!)

Four adults talking non stop for 3 hours! I'm exhausted ? but happy ?!