Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning, Friday on behalf of Mick/Mawbe

(71 Posts)
Ashcombe Fri 11-Jun-21 06:37:47

Good morning to one and all from a rather humid Torbay with a temperature of 16 degrees already but no sun. ?

From tomorrow, I’m spending a couple of nights at my holiday home near Okehampton with my bubble mate whose cat had to be PTS on Wednesday. Poor girl had spent over £1k on vet fees, trying to help the poor little moggy?‍⬛. We are hoping the sunny forecast is proved accurate. I had planned to be away for longer but she only wants two nights away from home, which is understandable. This will require a visit to Lidl this morning so that I’m prepared for company!

Every good wish to those in pain and happy weekend to you all! ?☀️?

Beechnut Fri 11-Jun-21 06:47:44

Good Morning everyone from Severnside and thank you Ash for starting the day. No sun here or blue sky.

Yesterday after putting it off for an age I finally got around to getting someone to come and look at my shed roof. Won’t be done yet though as everyone is so busy.

Shopping today and I might go somewhere as I’ve been at home all week.

Look after yourselves and enjoy the day ?

baubles Fri 11-Jun-21 06:48:49

Thanks Ashcombe.
Good morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s overcast and breezy.

We’ve both woken up feeling a tad tired. Having to detour yesterday to drop the little pooch off at DD’s before heading over to DS’s for childminding meant that our return trip was 150 miles. We did have a lovely afternoon with the children though.

Ddog is having her op this morning so will have to be dropped off at the vet before I report for duty at the charity shop, she’ll be very confused by not being fed after DH takes her out for her first walk.

Anyhoo, I must get up and get going. Have the best day possible

Scentia Fri 11-Jun-21 06:49:25

Good Morning Ash and all to come from East Staffordshire where it warm already.
I have been in a lot of pain this last week with my neck and shoulder and I have just got my appointment for my MRI which is on the 2/7 so not long to wait.
Enjoy your break Ash
Hope everyone has a good weekend and you all enjoy this sunshine ?

Alizarin Fri 11-Jun-21 06:50:48

Thank you for opening, Ashcombe. Lots of mist here in Cornwall. Was at my son's overnight after the hospital, but home later to be among all my favourite things. Knitted a kingfisher and half a pigeon in hospital so will get on with completing those. The best of days to you all.

grandMattie Fri 11-Jun-21 06:56:19

Thanks for opening, Ash.
Overcast but very warm here in E Kent.
Bedding to change and wash. Watering, but that’s all.
DS1 away for weekend, with the car but since we barely use it, it’s no problem.
May you all have a gentle day. ???☀️

Ashcombe Fri 11-Jun-21 06:58:18

Glad to hear you’re out of hospital, Alizarin, and intrigued by your creative knitting! Perhaps you could share photos when complete? Good luck with your recovery! ?

Dwmxwg Fri 11-Jun-21 07:11:19

Good morning all from another overcast start to the day but warm sunshine to come.
Thank you Ash for starting us of today.
Managed to get the paddling pool up for the boys when they got home from school, it is a lot bigger than I was expecting and took a long time to fill but we will use water for the garden.
Had a very productive morning cleaning at my mums dads. They don’t like to rely on us doing things for them but are slowly giving in to it. TBH I could spend 2 days (the place is tiny) and I still wouldn’t get it all clean. My mum used to be so house proud.
Up early this morning, showered, bed stripped and washing on the line. DH has just got back from walking the dog. Will need to get the boys up soon and ready for school. We have new kitchen patio door being fitted today after a saga fit for Marydoll ?. Fitters expected at 8 hence the early busyness.
I will do the school run and then on to the gym.
Otherwise a cleaning day for me, our bedroom and the the bathrooms before nursery pick for DGD1 and spend and hour or two with them before I come home for feet up and a much deserved glass of ice cold wine.
Hope we see EV back today, missing Cherry and hoping Grandmajet let’s us know how she is doing. Glad to see you got home Alazarin and still been productive despite your hospital stay
Wishing all a happy Friday with plenty of ☀️ and ?

Grandmabatty Fri 11-Jun-21 07:14:38

Good morning all from Polmont. It's breezy with some dark clouds overhead. You sound like a very caring friend Ashcombe. Enjoy your days away. Alizarin it's good to hear that you are out of hospital. Scentia that sounds so painful. I really hope you get it sorted soon.
Yesterday was a quiet one. I walked to Aldi to buy the ingredients for macaroni cheese as pregnant daughter was craving some. When I dropped it off just before tea time, dgs was so happy to see me that it made my heart glad. Then he took me by the hand and wanted me to go upstairs to play. It was really sweet.
Today will be a quiet one again. I have someone coming later to give me a price for cutting back hedges. This will be the second firm as the first one messed me about. Apart from that, I'll potter about. Have a good day all.

NanKate Fri 11-Jun-21 07:15:43

Good morning Folks.

Grey and warming up here in South Bucks.

Excellent you have kept yourself so busy whilst in hospital Alizarin. I hear you have some special visitors in your neck of the woods at present. ?

Popping down for some shopping and then back for the tennis in Paris.

kittylester Fri 11-Jun-21 07:22:09

Morning all from a muggy and cloudy North Leicestershire. We watered the back garden last night so a rain shower would be really welcome for the front.

DD3 and the wondrous Wolfie are coming today along with our cleaner- should be fun.

And, DH and I are going to the village gastro pub for dinner tonight. Ooh, the excitement! We have tried to get a table since they reopened but they are only open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so it has been quite difficult. Most of the village pubs are opening for reduced hours - I don't know if that is common everywhere.

Sending love to Harri.

kittylester Fri 11-Jun-21 07:22:44

Morning Kate.

dragonfly46 Fri 11-Jun-21 07:25:07

Good morning from a cloudy, blustery Leicestershire.

Thank you for opening up Ash.

Pleased you are out of hospital Alizarin. We now need to hear from GrandmaJet.

Not much planned today so will be good and do my Pilates exercises and plant some of my new plants from the plant swap yesterday.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

Sar53 Fri 11-Jun-21 07:27:41

Good morning from an overcast Leamington Spa.
DD1 and I are going by train to Birmingham this morning for some retail therapy. We both have birthdays, at the end of next week, one day apart so we are having lunch together with a glass of fizz to celebrate early.
I'm having a lovely time with my granddaughters after being apart for so long.
Thanks for opening up Ash, it seems to be taking a long time for Mick to get sorted.
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday xx

Marydoll Fri 11-Jun-21 07:31:16

Good morning all from a very breezy and wet Glasgow. sad No posts when I looked earlier, so thanks Ashcombe for starting us off.

I have been awake for hours with an overactive mind. DD should have been on the 6am ferry from Orkney to the mainland, but not a peep from her. I was becoming a tad anxious, to say the least! Last year she was stranded on the Isle of Arran for three days, when the ferries couldn't bearth, so she has previous!
All is well, she just didn't want to waken us with a text. However, I think her emoji gives a hint to how choppy the sea is! ?

We are off to Pitlochry for the weekend and I am so looking forward to it. A change is as good as a rest! It will take us about two hours and will give me just enough time to browse the House of Bruar unintimated, wink untll DD and SIL arrive! grin.

Yesterday after picking up my new glasses, we met up with DS2 and his fiancéee for lunch, followed by a pint of nectar Guinness for DH in the oldest pub in Paisley. This was DH's first pint in over a year!! Oh what a happy man, he was!!!
We had a little booth all to ourselves and were the only customers in the pub!. The interiors were designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh's apprentice, who mimiced his style.
It was so lovely to have a proper catch up with DS2, we had hardly seen him, as he lives in another Council area and obviously couldn't break lockdown restrictions.

The only fly in the oiintment was that my new glasses had a chip in them, so back to the workshop for a replacement lens. I hadn't realised how much my eyesight had deteriorated during my incarceration. It was like someone had switched on a light, when I tried the new ones on. grin.
When I entered the optician's, the first thing I was asked was, Are you Dollie's gran?. Two further people approached me to ask the same question! I have lost my identity completely!!! grin.

Wishing you all the best of days. Hoping to hear how all those who are in sick bay are doing and that there is some improvement for MrHarri. EV, ?

Marydoll Fri 11-Jun-21 07:33:29

Dwmxw good luck with the door. I have to say, we are delighted with ours, they now actually OPEN! grin

Alygran Fri 11-Jun-21 07:34:40

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Overcast and windy this morning.
It was glorious on the beach at Saltburn yesterday. We sat outside the pub right next to the sea for our fish and chips. The tide had just turned but the sea was very calm.
Shopping today then some gardening. There’s lots of grass and weeds growing up by the fence alongside the field behind the house.
Good to read that you are out of hospital Alizarin. Scientia that sounds painful.
Hope harri and her DH had a better day yesterday and a good night.
Have a good day everyone, take care and stay safe.

monk08 Fri 11-Jun-21 07:34:55

Thanks for opening up Ash
Good morning all the overcast Black country. Pleased your out of hospital Alizarin
Not much planned today will probably start a new book.
Enjoy your time away Ash and may you all find some ? in the day.

harrigran Fri 11-Jun-21 07:39:39

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Second night where I slept without the duvet, I brought the Dyson fan into the bedroom in case it was too warm but it was fine.
Better day yesterday, antibiotics are starting to work, still no visit from nurse, two weeks since anyone visited.
I was looking forward to getting out of the house to put the bin out but a neighbour has started beating me to it. She feels she is helping but I feel guilty as she is actually older than I am.
Enjoy the pleasant weather.

monk08 Fri 11-Jun-21 07:43:17

Glad you had better day Harrigran and the antibiotics are beginning to work ?now for a nurse.

MawBe Fri 11-Jun-21 07:52:27

Good morning Ashcombe and everybody. How sad about your friend’s cat, a change of scene for her is an excellent plan. I was in bits when I lost Hattie - even more than I expected. And yes, vet bills are horrendous, I paid over £6k for Hattie’s medical care this year alone (and about £2k) in 2020. My annual PetPlan limit was £4000 so last year was covered, but only part of this - but you don’t count the cost, just do your best for your friend.
Overcast here in N Bucks but it was a warm and sticky night. The Dyson fan was on no. 3 all night for Rosie who was panting and clearly feeling the heat!
Book group this afternoon. I managed to finish the book yesterday evening (cutting it fine as my Dad was wont to say) and felt like bursting into tears.
It’s “American Dirt” about a woman and her son escaping into the US from Mexico from drug cartels and one “baron” in particular whose gang murder her entire family at a family barbecue. Strong stuff and compelling reading. And to know that this is very much founded on fact, on things that are happening today, makes it even more powerful.
I’ve had a PM from Mick to pass on to you. I have suggested to him to deregister and then rejoin after a restorative brew but can I find where to do it? confusedconfused Suggestions welcome!

Good Morning Friday ,
Its cloudy here in Brackley but warm as well .
My usual shop locally , followed by fishcake and chips in the oven , with cycling after ,
Take Care,
Mick

Gagagran Fri 11-Jun-21 07:57:09

Morning all from another misty morning here on the south coast. If it is like yesterday, the sun will come out later but it was too late for us to see the eclipse through the thick cloud layer.

DH is leading a group of riders from his bike club, to Hamble and Warsash today. which will involve two ferries and some beautiful coastal scenery. He has the route all planned. I plan to potter and enjoy the garden and some
solitude. We also have some deliveries arriving so I will be available for those.

Sending kindest thoughts to all those finding life hard. sunshine

brook2704 Fri 11-Jun-21 07:57:39

Thanks for opening up Ash and enjoy your weekend away
It’s another warm bright start in Inverness today, so we’re off for a walk in the hills somewhere but I’m popping in to see DD2 first to see how she is
Have a wonderful trip to Pitlochry marydoll and enjoy the House of Bruar en route - you lucky lady! I hope your DD and SiL arrive safely and the crossing wasn’t too bad
Yesterday’s trip to the dentist was better than expected, I’d starting with a bit of sensitivity on one particular tooth and had worried that all sort of treatment might be required. But he checked it out and said all was well! When I asked what type of sensitive toothpaste was best to buy he wrote me a prescription for some toothpaste to try that you can’t buy over the counter. Let’s see if it helps
Another busy day for you dwm or aka supergran
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Marydoll Fri 11-Jun-21 08:01:56

I have messaged GNHQ to ask them to offer some support to Mick.

Alygran Fri 11-Jun-21 08:02:04

mick and Maw you can delete your account on the my Gransnet page. From google..
“You can delete your account by going to My Gransnet. You can change the information that you provided when you registered, including your email address and Gransnet username, on your My Gransnet page.”