Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Wednesday

(9 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 16-Jun-21 14:31:47

Good Evening Wednesday; How are your sun-tans coming along?
Hope you are applying the “Slip’ Slap Slop routine with sunscreen as practised’ here!
Not much to report this evening.
Residents in the storm-damaged Dandenongs have another problem. Not only will they be without power until the week-end, they’ve been told not to drink water out of the tap due to failure of certain equipment leading to contamination.
TV News showed tankers delivering drinking water and bottled water, with residents filling bottles and any other containers they can find;
We come under the same water authority, but have not been warned; in any case I’ll stick to my usual refreshment.
It will go down well with some Wensleydale Blossoming
I notice that Boris and Scott mentioned further trade items; Boris will send boomerangs (that won’t come back!). A jar of “Vegemite” was also on display, presumably from Scott.
It looks like Marmite, but more nutritious! Won’t “go” with dark Tim-Tams though!

Aveline There’s a coincidence! We had a lady on here not long ago who also was vey familiar with DC Thomson and in fact even wrote articles for one or more of their magazines, but I don’t recall what her special subjects are.!
You say “lots of eating out” next week”; is that when you’ll be in hospital nursing your new hip? Bet they won’t serve Sushi.

Jaxjacky I don’t have a tablet; just a desk-top PC into which I download photos taken on an 8 megapixel camera, or I scan a magazine or whatever into the PC and then jump through hoops trying to remember what comes next!.
It’s possible I may remember once I decide to get on with it!
rafichagran So England play Scotland on Friday I hear! That will be a tough one!
TV News reporter this evening nearly died laughing when that goalie managed to score an own goal! Poor devil!
He’ll probably apply for political astlum when the comp. is over
I suppose most of Gransnet will be cheering for Scotland, but I’ll stick with the Poms! hmm

Better news from the Covid front line.
The 25k travel limit lifted from tomorrow, although I’m not sure if other States will fling open their borders to Melburnians. Gyms allowed to re- open after weeks of shut-down; not sure about hairdressers, which I need. The hair roots are obviously into something good!
Oops! Nearly forgot! I can now have up to 75 people at my funeral; I’m too modest to call them mourners, but should I decide to re-marry it can be 50 That could be 75 too if we can call them mourners! grin
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

boat Wed 16-Jun-21 14:39:51

Hi Rufus.

Will Scott be allowed back into the country when he and Boris finally run out of photo ops?

Aveline Wed 16-Jun-21 14:57:13

Hi Rufus2. No need for sun cream here thank goodness. Pretty grey really and rain forecast.
Is there some sort of footballing competition on? I wondered what was upsetting the TV schedules. Luckily I've got Netflix. Phew.
Had my pre op phone call and lots of instructions. Various other appointments booked too. I have to stay in the car and phone to check if I can come in for the blood tests etc. No just going in even though I have a set time. Oh well. Op not till the end of July. Suspect the hospital is being very organised which is good. Really.

Rufus2 Wed 16-Jun-21 15:15:23

Of course he will! Even if he's got an armful of boomerangs, which we need like a hole in the head, he has an election to think about, so they're not simply selfies.
Even though Labour lost the last.(unlosable) election Scott wants those photos!
I guess he's also pandering to Boris's sense of humour! grin
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Jun-21 16:05:42

Hi Rufus, below your post is a bit saying ‘choose file’ search through to your extremely efficient filing system……choose the appropriately named picture, click use top right, then when you post message, it should attach,
Wales playing soon, I must say the football beats terrestrial TV, although I’m watching Jeremy Clarksons farm series which is interesting and funny.
We have storms due in tonight…exciting..
Take care ?

Aveline Wed 16-Jun-21 16:17:51

Jeremy Clarkson's farm sounds like such a good programme. Just wish I could see it ?

boat Wed 16-Jun-21 16:45:55

Won't he even have to quarantine? he could be importing the Delta variant from UK.

rafichagran Wed 16-Jun-21 19:27:30

Evening Rufus

Blossoming Wed 16-Jun-21 20:13:12

Vegemite just isn’t as good as Marmite, sorry!