Gransnet forums

Chat

Noisy sex

(16 Posts)
Newatthis Sat 19-Jun-21 14:20:50

My friend has just called in a 'tiz' as she said she was woken up last night by her son and his girlfriend having very noisy sex. She is very liberal minded and doesn't mind them sharing a room but apparently his girlfriend's very vocal and woke her. her husband and even the dog up. She says she doesn't know how to approach this as she hasn't seen him for a while (girlfriend is relatively new and very sweet apparently) and doesn't want to put them off visiting again.

Lisagran Sat 19-Jun-21 14:24:39

Seriously?

crazyH Sat 19-Jun-21 14:30:30

.Just put up with it for a couple of days….they are only visiting.!! No way should she broach the subject, unless she (your friend) is a sex therapist ?

BlueSky Sat 19-Jun-21 14:35:31

Better hearing that than being deaf! Seriously!

JaneJudge Sat 19-Jun-21 14:37:02

tell her to just bang on the door? it usually shuts them up

GrannySomerset Sat 19-Jun-21 15:03:55

Inconsiderate to say the least!

BlueBelle Sat 19-Jun-21 15:21:32

Oh come on
I wouldn’t make a sound if I was in someone else’s house but obviously she’s got less inhibitions that I had if they re only there for a visit leave it be
Be glad they re enjoying themselves and put some ear muffs on the dog

timetogo2016 Sat 19-Jun-21 15:26:44

Better to hear a couple enjoying themselves than arguing,what they are doing is so natural.

Whatdayisit Sat 19-Jun-21 15:28:19

Good grief tell her to be glad for them enjoying what comes natural. Her son could become paralysed tomorrow and never feel it again.

Or do what i said to my youngest - get some ear plugs! Not that i am vocal (need to concentrate!) It was the old squeaky bed!
It's not like thetre going to there every night for ever.

3nanny6 Sat 19-Jun-21 15:32:05

As the son is visiting he should be more mindful of his parents in the house. after all he and his girlfriend are guests in someone elses house. Let them wait until they go home then they can make as much noise as they like.
I would have opened the door and let the dog jump all over the bed that would shut them up although the son would probably never return.

Greyduster Sat 19-Jun-21 15:39:54

We stayed in a hotel in Ireland once and, while getting changed to go down to dinner we could hear the couple next door having a very loud argument (about his mother!). Then it all went quiet, and judging by what came next they had obviously kissed and made up big style! Either that or he was murdering her. We were in stitches! We tried to keep a straight face and not look at them when we passed their table in the dining room!

Callistemon Sat 19-Jun-21 15:44:47

I was woken at 5.30 am by two amorous pigeons just outside the bedroom window.

I threw a jug of cold water over them, but I probably wouldn't recommend that as they were not deterred and came back at least three times.

BlueSky Sat 19-Jun-21 16:14:13

We were on holidays somewhere abroad and having breakfast in the courtyard, when through the open window we all heard some unmistakable loud noises. Somebody shouted “I’ll have what’s she’s having’ while others clapped! grin

JackyB Sat 19-Jun-21 19:44:53

My youngest is obviously a very good lover - or all his girlfriends are particularly excitable. It usually wakes me as it's about the same frequency as a baby crying (or a cat howling).

Once I took the opportunity to go to the loo at 5 am, and flushed very pointedly, then went downstairs to get a glass of water

DS,obviously a little embarrassed, came down and asked me why I was up, wearing jeans but no top. I said I usually have trouble sleeping and often got up, and didn't mention the disturbance.

I had to giggle to myself though as he turned round to go back up - trailing a lacy bra out of the back of his jeans, like the tail of the devil!

BlueSky Sat 19-Jun-21 20:38:33

In my days if a ‘fiancé’ stayed overnight, it would be strictly spare room on his own, with a nervous dad making numerous trips to the loo! wink

LadyGracie Sat 19-Jun-21 22:34:27

I always remember when we lived in an army flat in Germany, we had new neighbours downstairs, their bed was very squeaky, after what seemed an age DH suddenly said 'Blimey, I wish I had his stamina'.

I did too!