Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(81 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 27-Jul-21 06:05:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and wet start here in Brackley this morning , will watch some of Olympic mountain biking this morning , before going out to Bicester later .
I have had thoughts on doing what I have done before lockdowns ,and make a full day of it and include Buckingham in the journey , but will see what changes occur over coming weeks.
Take Care,
Mick

Nannytopsy Tue 27-Jul-21 06:21:11

Good morning Mick and those to come. It’s dull but dry in Suffolk. I’m awake very early because of a pair of blackbirds who were alarm calling outside. Their chicks have been rooting around in the low plants in the garden but there was obviously a predator out there this morning. Last time we had this fuss it was a jay.
Housework today in Topsy Towers but I may just snuggle down for a bit longer!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Ashcombe Tue 27-Jul-21 06:24:44

Good morning, Mick and everyone to follow, from a rather wet Torbay.

It’s such a pity for holidaymakers when the weather is like this but it might brighten up later. Schoolchildren sweltered in lessons in the last few days of term and now they’re confined indoors.

I’m spending the morning with the Props team at the theatre as we continue to check items against the database and remove, clean or repair as required.

Nannytopsy: Snuggling down sounds like an excellent plan at Topsy Towers! Great name!! I hope everyone has as good a day as possible, wherever you are and whatever the weather! ??☀️??

cornergran Tue 27-Jul-21 06:40:09

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright corner of Somerset although according to the local radio it’s raining hmm.

Productive couple of hours in the garden yesterday, grocery order completed along with some admin. The lethargy may have left. Cramp alarm call was far too early again though. . We’re off on a steam train trip today, hoping the weather is kind but nothing we can do about changing it.

Take care everyone, hope Tuesday is kind to us all.

grandMattie Tue 27-Jul-21 06:51:32

Good morning from a grey E Kent,
Had a dreadful night so feeling a bit “meugh” today.
We finally cleared the last part of the front garden yesterday afternoon and put in a couple of dead nettles and some campanulas. They are low and won’t hide the pretty little rose.
Trying to finish DGD1’ s little top, but it’s taking more “think” than I can afford at the moment.
Hope today is gentle with you all. ????

Dwmxwg Tue 27-Jul-21 06:52:23

Good morning from north Surrey. Overcast here, no rain as yet.
I did get my haircut yesterday after a txt reminder. Whilst waiting for her to arrive I sat and made good inroads into my revalidation which is due in September. That plus a few important emails that needed sending it was quite a productive morning.
Did mum and dads cleaning in the afternoon. Dad has a telephone appointment from GP today to discuss blood results, not sure that he will hear/understand, I will go this morning and hope they call whilst I am there but I have my own GP appointment this afternoon so won’t be able to stay too long. Will be the first time I have seen a doctor face to face for 3 years.
DS’s partner is due back to work after maternity leave in September, she messaged last night with a first date for me to have the DGDs whilst she is on a study day. I have asked that I cover shifts on days when we already have the boys to minimise my days of the week being taken up by childcare as I want to be able to continue with my own career for a bit longer. Will have to see how it pans out over the coming months.
Wishing all a good day with a ? somewhere along the way

Nannagarra Tue 27-Jul-21 06:56:19

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is sunny and pleasantly cool.
Housework, exercise and picking up Mr Busy from nursery are on my agenda today.
Whatever you’re doing, have the best day possible.

Alizarin Tue 27-Jul-21 06:58:01

Good morning from a sultry south Cornwall whete you could cut the air with a knife. Debunked to the beach unexpectedly with my bestest friend yesterday, hence very brief post. Sat and put the world to rights and drank coffee and had a lovely time. Today, off to the allotment and my knitters' group. I'm knitting a belt, the pic is of the pattern. Have decided to go to Liverpool in September. Missing the place dreadfully, plus also my daughter and son-in-law. Hoping, and assuming, my knee replacement won't get in the way. Have a good day everyone, where possible.

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Jul-21 07:08:35

Good morning Mick and all from an overcast, damp S Hants. After a thunderstorm yesterday tea time we’ve had further rumbles and heavy rain overnight, more to come. An indoors day, I’ve some admin and a new database for different voluntary work to play with, I’m back to my good neighbour driving on Thursday.
Have a lovely day all, ? for those absent or struggling.

Marydoll Tue 27-Jul-21 07:10:15

Good morning all from a very cloudy Glasgow, with thunderstorms predicted.
The atmosphere is a bit fresher and I manged a half decent sleep, which makes life a bit easier.

Corner, ?

Foe those with medical appointments, hope you have a good outcome. Enjoy your day everyone.

Scentia Tue 27-Jul-21 07:10:31

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it looks brighter than I expected.
Off for Nanna duties shortly and on the way I will pop in to DD doctors surgery to collect a blood form. She needs blood tests to make sure her levels are back to normal after her pregnancy with the iron stealer!
Today I will take the DGC on a nature walk, they live in the heart of the National Forest and there are so many places to walk.
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Tue 27-Jul-21 07:11:35

Good morning everyone from a very wet Northampton. I am supposed to be doing a health walk this afternoon, but not if this rain continues.

Spent an hour or so weeding in the garden yesterday afternoon, but it was too hot to do much, so I gave up and sat in the shade with my book. The cats came out and joined me, but were only interested in sitting in the shade watching the birds and butterflies.

Apart from the health walk nothing much planned for today, apart from changing the bedding at some time.

Wishing all a pleasant day.

Beechnut Tue 27-Jul-21 07:18:01

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. There’s a fair amount of cloud. I can see some light rain falling.

I’m going to have a pottering day and get a few jobs done.

Have a good day all ?

Sar53 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:21:44

Good morning from a damp Essex by the sea. An easy journey home yesterday on my part of the M25 although further round there was chaos apparently.
I have an 'empty' for three days as DH is sailing up to Woodbridge with a couple of friends.
I have to go into town this morning to buy a few bits then it's ironing, washing and housework this afternoon.
Have a pleasant Tuesday everyone xx

GrannyGravy13 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:24:57

Morning Mick and all

The sun is battling the clouds at the moment, not sure which will win?

Have The Imp and big brother today will see how they as to what we do.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Greyduster Tue 27-Jul-21 07:25:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey but dry South Yorkshire, though we are expecting rain around midday. More ironing and packing for me today, but we may get a walk in this morning before the weather turns. I am trying to work up some enthusiasm for this upcoming holiday but at the moment it isn’t working. I shall just have to rely on Mr GD to be enthusiastic for both of us. He’s good at that, bless him!
Have a good safe day, folks.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 27-Jul-21 07:28:01

Good Morning and it’s dull but dry here.
Yesterday I had a browse through the legal documents we were sent relating to our property. They go back to the building of the houses in our road in 1937. Fascinating stuff. In the afternoon I started with an upset tummy so just had took it easy. After tea DH and I went for a walk along the nearby foreshore. It had been very humid earlier but had cooled off by the evening. We sat on a bench and admired the view. I’ll attach a photo of our view.
Today it’s coffee morning and this afternoon a catch up with Dad.
Alazarin I love the belt - you are talented.
Have a good day all.

Nell8 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:28:09

Good morning from SW Surrey.
Dwmxwg - I hope our watery sunshine has spread up to the north of the county.

A busy day lies ahead as we finishing packing for our road trip to Skye. It's been so long since we went on holiday I've forgotten how to do it!

Our midgie nets are top of the packing list - grrr, little perishers. I can't wait for the cooler temperatures and wonderful scenery though.

Wishing everyone some peace and tranquillity today.

Grandmabatty Tue 27-Jul-21 07:29:13

Good morning all. Polmont is covered in grey clouds and thunderstorms are forecast. I'm babysitting again today and we won't be far from home. The fish man cometh and possibly a walk to the swings and playing in the garden, although low flying wasps were an issue yesterday. I hate them with a passion! Whatever you do, have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:31:12

Good morning from a much cooler and cloudier Black Country, no rain yet.

It was a very sunny and hot walk yesterday, but a least most of it was in the shade. Two and a half hours, ,so I was rather tired when I arrived home. Spent the afternoon sitting under the Gazebo reading.

Meeting my friend today for coffee. Hopefully tootle over to a local garden centre. MrJ is off on a bike ride with his club.

Alizarin I have not been to Liverpool since DD graduated in 2001, so I am overdue a visit as I loved it there.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

monk08 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:34:21

Good morning all from the Black country, still no rain here but very muggy.
Washing on and I may follow it up with a bit of housework.
Bin men here at 6.30am this morning so it was early wake up although DH is still snoring nothing wakes him.
For all those on nanny duty have fun.
Thoughts with missing posters ?
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

Pittcity Tue 27-Jul-21 07:40:21

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. It's breezy but still no sign of rain.
Tuesday is charity shop day. We're not usually busy so it's mostly chat and laughter, not a lot of work is done.
Love to all x

brook2704 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:40:59

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve grey clouds and rain forecast for later. Nothing much planned for today, I’ll probably do some gardening this morning and then so pop into town then for a bit of shopping. DH has a few outside maintenance jobs to get on with starting with cleaning the roof and gutters. We’ve got a bungalow so it’s not too high to reach up
That’s a lovely belt Alizarin very stylish!
Thanks for the lovely picture grandmadinosaur I hope you enjoyed your walk
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Grandmajean Tue 27-Jul-21 07:41:27

Morning all. Dull here in Cheshire but was expected.
Beautiful beltAlizarin - wouldn't have thought of that !
Lovely photoGrandmadinosaur
Two friends coming round this afternoon. Natter time.
Have the best day possible.

Lins1066 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:49:43

Good morning from a dry S Welsh coast, Mr L said it rained heavily in the early hours but I didn't hear it. Enjoy your steam trip corner.
An Asda delivery this morning and one of ours and his little family are coming this afternoon, looking forward to that. We are all going for a meal out this evening so no cooking.
My thoughts are with our missing posters too.
Enjoy today if you can.