Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 28-Jul-21 05:40:38

Good Morning Everyone,
I am up early again ,so I can watch the men's cycling time trial in Tokyo.
Today ,also I have an appointment as ti eye test , also tempted to get new glasses changing from Bi to varifocals.
Other wise a small shop and stay in today .
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Wed 28-Jul-21 05:44:15

Good morning Mick from a grey, dry S Hants, another early one here, I wear varifocals, they make a big difference, enjoy the time trials.
Morning all to follow, I’ll pop back later.

grandMattie Wed 28-Jul-21 06:01:00

Good morning from a grey E Kent. The days seem to have taken a pattern - grey/drizzly until about midday, then it starts to clear and is sunny by 5pm.
I can't wear varifocals due to the corrections I have, but am very happy with bifocals. #everyone I know with vari are very happy with them.
Busy until we go away to childmind on Saturday - also DS1 is leaving on Saturday to return to his job in India.
Have the best day possible today, take care. flowers

Ashcombe Wed 28-Jul-21 06:16:44

Good morning, early birds (!) from a bright and sunny Torbay.

Another vote for varifocals here, which I use when not wearing contact lenses. I’ve worn glasses since I was nine and had contact lenses from the age of 21. As I reached the age for needing reading glasses, my optician recommended a reading prescription for one eye with distance for the other (dominant) eye, which works well.

Wednesday Club at the theatre again this afternoon which was quite a novelty last week after being unable to meet indoors for so long.

Have a lovely hump day! ???

Kim19 Wed 28-Jul-21 06:18:57

Morning all! Varios have served me well for years. Hope you have a successful outcome whatever you decide on. Disappointingly, my lunch hopes for today have fallen through but simply postponed rather than cancelled which is an indirect blessing. I've plenty to do around the house but have been enjoying easing myself back into a social life after all this time of abstinence.. Hey ho...... Hope everyone has at least one highlight today no matter how small.

kittylester Wed 28-Jul-21 06:23:24

Morning all from a sticky, grey North Leicestershire.

We have DD2 and daughters staying while they have an extension built and a new kitchen fitted at home DSiL is at home supervising!! Today we are going to play indoor crazy golf - could be sweaty.

Enjoy your days everyone.

kittylester Wed 28-Jul-21 06:23:24

Morning all from a sticky, grey North Leicestershire.

We have DD2 and daughters staying while they have an extension built and a new kitchen fitted at home DSiL is at home supervising!! Today we are going to play indoor crazy golf - could be sweaty.

Enjoy your days everyone.

kittylester Wed 28-Jul-21 06:29:23

Apologies for the double post - GB wasn't itself this morning.

Alizarin Wed 28-Jul-21 06:50:12

Good morning from a heavily raining south Cornwall. Lovely and cool. 5 year old coming for the day. Am out of practice due to my ops so had better get up and sort out some craft bits and bobs for her. Have the best day you can everyone.

Beechnut Wed 28-Jul-21 06:52:18

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is cloudy and warm. I love sitting up in bed in the morning and have the fresh breeze blow in through the window.

I’m going to pick up a picture now it has been framed and then back home as I have a job to do for my brother.

Has anyone ever been to the Fashion Museum in Bath? Asking for me not a friend ?

Have a good day all ?

amselerin Wed 28-Jul-21 07:06:21

Good morning Mick and all from cool (but going to be hot later) Lueneburg. I enjoyed the visit of my 2 sisters and 1 BIL yesterday afternoon. The first time since over 1 year. Later I shall harvest my potatoes. They have gone yellow all of a sudden and somebody said that it might be the potato blight. I have harvested some and they seem to be alright. Oh yes, I might actually get round to my ironing, which has been looking at me for a few days now. I am easily waylaid with other things. Later in the afternoon I am going into my club even though I am not sure any more, what we are allowed to do (with how many people) and what not. I hope that you all have a wonderful day and that your worries are getting much less or disappear. Take care.

brook2704 Wed 28-Jul-21 07:09:53

Good morning everyone from a very wet and soggy Inverness. The rain arrived yesterday afternoon and it’s hardly stopped since. The garden is looking green again and the little pond is topped up but I’m hoping the sun will come out again soon!
I’m going into town today to have a look round the shops and DH is going to do some indoor painting. I’ve a shopping list from DD2 so will pop there later and hopefully see the DGC too
Enjoy your crazygolf kittylester sounds good fun!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 28-Jul-21 07:11:14

Morning Mick and all

I am posting and running this morning hopefully catch up tomorrow.

It’s DH’s brother’s funeral today, he was a true gentleman and will be greatly missed. Off to Buckinghamshire now.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Greyduster Wed 28-Jul-21 07:15:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It was raining heavily when I woke up about half past five, but it has stopped now. We managed to get a walk yesterday morning before spending the rest of the day sorting out paraphernalia for our holiday. DH: “Why do we need to take all this stuff?” One of the great unanswered holiday questions of our time! If I have time today I will do some baking to take with us. I think we’re gonna need a bigger car……!?
Have a good day, folks!

Scentia Wed 28-Jul-21 07:17:21

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is a little on the grey side!
I had a beautiful day with DGC yesterday, we went out walking on the trails and DGS was in his element once he had a stick! He never uses the path and always wants to walk in the undergrowth by your side. He will clearly always be doing his own thing on his own path?
Work today and then I will have to clear out the wardrobe in the guest room, I seem to just shove stuff in there when I am cleaning!
I have added a photo of my DGS which I am going to get printed onto canvas as I love it.
I do hope you all find a bit of respite from your struggles today, even for a minute❤️

Dwmxwg Wed 28-Jul-21 07:21:37

Good morning from north Surrey. Grey skies again. We did have some rain yesterday but was still warm.
Poor nights sleep so feeling a bit muzzy this morning, an early dog walk will help to clear my head.
Yesterday’s visit to GP means a few tests to be done, blood test booked for next week.
Had productive few hours on my revalidation forms and managed to start typing up on DH’s laptop, feel like I am starting to get somewhere with it.
We are due to visit dear friends for morning coffee today, third attempt as she is having treatment for cancer and is often exhausted and feels unwell. Fingers crossed she is up to the visit today. It will be the first time we have seen them since before first lockdown and we were booked to holiday with them which of course was all cancelled.
My plan had been early gym so will reschedule that to this afternoon. Boys will be here at 5 for their 2 night stay with us, they are loving the Olympics so will enjoy watching the highlights with them.
Wishing all a good day ?☀️

cornergran Wed 28-Jul-21 07:22:02

Morning Mick, morning All from a soggy corner of Somerset. Going to be a wet one it seems.

Yesterday’s steam train was relaxing and enjoyable, just one shower when we wandered around, a good day for us, loved every moment, even the smuts drifting in through the windows. Today it’s back to routine, grocery delivery, dust removal and the usual mundane stuff. Strangely I’m looking forward to it.

Take care today grannyg, a sad one for you, your husband and family. Safe journey. Indoor crazy golf sounds fun if chaotic kitty, you’ll enjoy having your family with you.

Take care everyone, hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

cornergran Wed 28-Jul-21 07:25:57

Greyd. The answer to the ‘holiday stuff’ question is - because we do! grin. We only managed to reduce our holiday ‘stuff’ by buying a smaller car grin. Happy holiday.

ginny Wed 28-Jul-21 07:27:17

Good morning.
It is looking a bit grey out side so not sure what the weather has in store. We have been lucky so far this week with just an hour or so of drizzle yesterday and a fair bit of sun.
No set plan for today except we are dropping off DGS2 for a couple of hours with his other Grandparents who have a holiday home just up the coast.
DD3 , baby and I will find something to do.
Wishing you all a good day with some smiles.

Marydoll Wed 28-Jul-21 07:32:13

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow, its 12 degrees here.

Mick, I too have had varifocals for over twenty years. Best decision I ever made. I used to have one distance pair on my head to see my pupils, and wear a reading pair at the same time, when I was teaching, I was forever breaking them as I had to keep changing them.

I'm going into hospital for the day, to have treatment, which I should have had over a year ago, but was postponed, as I was too vulnerable to be in hospital during the pandemic.
I'm rather apprehensive, not about the treatment, but about being in among people, as I'm immunosuppressed , the vaccine effect for me is not great and the numbers are not good here.
Mr MDoll is usually allowed to keep me company, but won't be allowed , due to the current Covid restrictions.

On the way home, I usually manage to squeeze in a ten minute visit to the Braehead Shopping Mall, which is very close to the hospital Ten minutes are Mr MDoll's words. Of course I usually just ignore him, leave him with a coffee and do my own thing. wink
However, I won't be visiting, (despite the lure of the sales) it will be very busy and I won't be able to socially distance, as I've been advised to still do. ☹. My family made me promise to be good!!!

Wishing everyone a pleasant day, whatever you plans. Kitty, I wish you the patience of Job!

Pittcity Wed 28-Jul-21 07:33:16

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Looks like there was some overnight rain.
Usual Wednesday meetup this morning.
Love to all x

Grandmajean Wed 28-Jul-21 07:34:24

Good morning all. A bit grey in Cheshire this morning but feels warm.
Sad day for you * GrannyGravy13 *. Sending my good wishes for a safe journey.
Family having a great holiday in Kinlochrannoch. The plan today is a walk to McGregor's cave which I hadn't heard of. If weather not good enough for walk then I suspect a lot of money will be spent at House of Briar !
Wishing you all a happy day.

Grandmajean Wed 28-Jul-21 07:35:37

Wish my phone would stop correcting me !
Bruar

Grandmabatty Wed 28-Jul-21 07:42:02

Good morning all from a wet Polmont. I haven't said that for a while! Lots of growling thunder last night and one enormous peal then rain. It hasn't been biblical but I'm keeping Noah on speed dial as the forecast for here is grim. Scentia dgs is always happy collecting sticks. He must have been a dog in another life. That's a lovely photo. Kittylester I think indoor crazy golf is inspired! I'm going to steal that idea for when dgs is older. Amselerin my ironing pile is looking at me accusingly. Grannygravy I hope it all goes well ?
Yesterday was tantrum day for dgs but by dint of ignoring and distracting we got through them. He decided he didn't want to nap though which made it a long day for his poor grandma.
Today I've woken to find something has bitten me at the side of my eye. Very annoying. I will visit mum then go to a friend's house for coffee. This afternoon might be a WhatsApp chat with friends. How on earth did I ever find time to work? Have a good day all.

muse Wed 28-Jul-21 07:44:00

Good morning Mick and all Morningsters
The sun is struggling to stay visible mid Cornwall.
Gardener Mark here all day. Not been for 6 weeks ! The list is a long one. My leg is much improved so will be working alongside him.
Main task of the day is to get MrM to rest both his legs. I will try.
I’m a contact lens wearer with varifocals for emergencies Mick. Good luck with your’s.
Safe journey to the funeral GG
Take care and have fun with those littlies visiting.
???????