Gransnet forums

Chat

Have you had a premonition that came true?

(105 Posts)
DanniRae Wed 28-Jul-21 09:03:53

Many years ago I had a premonition that a situation that I longed for would come true.....It hasn't yet but is still possible.
(I can't give any details)
Have any of you had a premonition that came true?

timetogo2016 Wed 28-Jul-21 09:15:40

Yes,i had a premonition that my son was going to be in a car accident,two days later he was and thankfully he wasn`t injured.
And others that have came true.

Greeneyedgirl Wed 28-Jul-21 09:20:39

I’ve had lots, I have an overactive imagination. None have come true!

CafeAuLait Wed 28-Jul-21 09:35:05

Yes and there is one intuition I ignored that I will always regret.

Witzend Wed 28-Jul-21 09:49:12

Not exactly, but a few years ago I had an incredibly vivid dream that I was pregnant (an unheard of dream until then) but soon told myself in my dream that I couldn’t possibly be, I was far too old, and woke up.

As I found out just a couple of days later, dd and SiL had been in agonies of worries because she was 12 weeks pregnant with a ‘surprise’ 3rd baby, and at a paid for ‘super’ scan they’d been told that given her age, and something seen on the scan, it was highly likely that the baby would have a serious disability.

Thankfully blood tests showed that worries had been needless, and we were finally told of the pregnancy only once they knew that - just a day or two after my dream.

My mother (a hyper sensitive type) was sometimes acutely telepathic, but only when someone close was in some sort of distress, so I think this must have been something similar, but it’s the only time it’s ever happened to me.

DanniRae Wed 28-Jul-21 09:54:00

A few years ago I was in church with a friend and she suddenly felt dreadful and had to leave the service. She later found out that at that same time her husband and son had been in a car accident shock Happily they were unhurt.

nanna8 Wed 28-Jul-21 09:56:38

A bit weird but I had a vivid dream about my daughter’s goldfish which she kept in her bedroom. I dreamt it leapt out of the tank and ended up on the carpet. It did, the following morning. I quite often know who is on the phone before I answer but I believe that is quite common.

MawBe Wed 28-Jul-21 10:01:43

Of course we can all remember when this sort of thing has happened but (fortunately) the things we may have had premonitions about just as often haven’t happened
Otherwise we would all be nervous wrecks every time we had hiccups (someone is thinking about you) saw a solitary magpie (one for sorrow) or had a bad dream (especially that one about being starkers in the High Street) !

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 28-Jul-21 10:08:57

I had one very strong ‘moment’ it was Christmas and my Mum, 2x DDs and their husbands and my DH were all unwrapping gifts and I suddenly thought, “I will never see this again” and I thought, that’s it I’m going to die.
However, by the following Christmas my Mum had died and DD2 had separated from her husband, so although my premonition was correct it certainly wasn’t what I expected.

I certainly wish I’d had a moment last week, I might have prevented a tragedy.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 28-Jul-21 10:19:27

I had a premonition that I was in a car park, when I tried to exit the car park a white Mercedes ran into me. Yes, a few days later this would have happened if I hadn't slammed the brakes.

CafeAuLait Wed 28-Jul-21 10:59:42

I didn't follow a strong feeling out of the blue to go to someone when I had this really grim feeling one day. I had genuine reasons to think I shouldn't at that time though I really wanted to. 36 hours later I did go and found that if I had gone, I might have been able to save their life. I will always deeply regret that I didn't.

MiniMoon Wed 28-Jul-21 11:12:20

I haven't, but DH has. He has dreams (nightmares) quite often. He doesn't like telling me about them though.
Just before the start of the pandemic, he had awful dreams about sickness and death, and he told me some sort of world wide illness was about to break out.
He was right!

greenlady102 Wed 28-Jul-21 11:14:10

Yes i had a premonition. No it didn't come true sad

MamaCaz Wed 28-Jul-21 11:34:01

Would you call this a premonition? I was sitting on the sofa one afternoon, occasionally glancing out of the window, when I 'saw' (imagined) a police car pull up on the grass verge in front of our house, and two police officers jump out and head towards the house
It was realistic enough to really shake me, especially with two sons away at university at the time.

That very night, I woke suddenly and went to look out of the bedroom window (not something I normally do), in time to see a police car pull up exactly where I had imagined it, and two police officers get out and start coming down our path.
Then they stopped in their tracks, turned back and went next door instead.
I have never been so shaken yet relieved at the same time!

I suppose that if we lived in a built-up area, police cars pulling up outside might happen quite often, but we don't. It's little more than a hamlet, in a very rural area.

Elusivebutterfly Wed 28-Jul-21 12:44:00

My late DH and is his sister have both had premonitions which came true. It's quite spooky.

Maggiemaybe Wed 28-Jul-21 13:10:11

Just the one. I woke up in the middle of the night having dreamt the six winning lottery numbers for the next day. I'd to scrabble in a drawer for pencil and paper and by the time I was writing them down they were fading. I did buy a ticket and got four correct, and the others were near misses. For years after that I kept a pad and pencil on the bedside cabinet, but it's never happened since.

Actually, I'm going to get that pad and pencil out again, just in case! grin

Oldwoman70 Wed 28-Jul-21 13:12:37

I used to drive up a very steep hill to get to work - I had a premonition that I would break down one morning and I did. Of course that could have been because it was an old car and driving up such a steep hill finally got too much for it!

Blondiescot Wed 28-Jul-21 13:20:43

I'm the world's biggest sceptic when it comes to these things, but a few years ago, someone I know was pregnant and posting all the time on Facebook about how she couldn't wait to meet 'her little prince'. About a week before the baby was due, I read one of her posts and knew without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that the baby was going to die - and sure enough, he was stillborn.

GagaJo Wed 28-Jul-21 14:22:56

I do get vague premonitions and (far, far less usefully) I am frequently able to predict fashions several years in advance.

I never trust my judgement though and ignore my 'feelings' and kick myself later when I'm right. I'm not at all interested in spiritual stuff or fortune telling/mediums etc so automatically discount it all.

M0nica Wed 28-Jul-21 14:52:01

I think sometimes we engineer our premonitions.

I had to travel from London to Newcastle for a university interview. The prevvious night I had a very clear dream of arriving at Kings cross, walking up the steps from the tube, looking ahead and seeing the platform where my train should be, complete with sign, but no train and the feeling of horror when I realised I had missed it.

The next day I journeyed to Kings Cross, I came up from the tube to the station on just the stair I had dreamed of, and yes, there was the platform, with the train board up, yes, it was empty - not because I had missed it, but because of the dream I had left home even earlier than I had already planned and the train wasn't due to leave for an hour and a half.

lemongrove Wed 28-Jul-21 19:25:25

Yes, I have had three strong premonitions ( not dreams) and acted on them, one may have saved my life in fact.
I have no idea why, as they came out of the blue, but were so strong and certain that I couldn’t ignore them.
I don’t usually go in for fanciful thoughts, but there are strange occurrences in life.

Redhead56 Wed 28-Jul-21 19:46:22

I was only talking about this yesterday. I was walking to my then boyfriends house from the bus stop about half a mile. It was after work so about 6.30 on an autumn night.
I had to walk down a church pathway from the village. I started the walk and a cyclist was behind me I walked out of the way to let him pass. Suddenly out the blue I had a picture in my mind of him getting off the bike and looking at the back wheel. I walked faster as I approached the cyclist leaned down towards his bike exactly what I had thought he would do. I literally ran a couple of steps and turned around and he was right behind me. I screamed so loud he grabbed his bike and was gone. Three weeks later in the same spot there were two rapes. I never went down the path again.
Every time I drive past that church the night is still fresh in my mind. I have never been interested in anything that can’t be explained but that premonition did happen.

Suziemarie Thu 29-Jul-21 11:08:05

Yes I've had many over the years, I hate it when I have a bad one but lovebit when it's a happy good one. I can't control them they just suddenly happen.

Riggie Thu 29-Jul-21 11:10:13

Years ago now. A friend once rang, as he said hello I knew he was going to tell me his partner had died. He did. There was no reason why I would even think that as she was in her thirties and healthy. It wasn't even that he rang rather than her - we'd known him before he met her, and although we had got to know her too, it was always him who rang.

SecondhandRose Thu 29-Jul-21 11:11:49

Well I knew that Donald Trump would win his first term in office and I placed a large bet. Not sure if that counts as a premonition though.