Gransnet forums

Chat

NS&I new website; anyone else pulling their hair out?

(14 Posts)
Anneeba Wed 04-Aug-21 13:08:06

The NS&I seemed to more or less close down a few weeks back. New deposits were not dealt with (delaying their eligibility to win by yet another month), all because they were 'busy' and upgrading the website. Hmmm, I've just used the new improved website and watched little dots flashing repeatedly each time I press a button, after having to wait in a queue to even access it (new) until I've felt like screaming, especially having been told I onlt had ten minutes to use the site before I presumably would be cut off. Is it just me? Or have I discovered Dido's latest job? First world problem I know, I'm lucky to have some savings, but why do they meddle and make worse something that seemed to work OK before?

Poppyred Wed 04-Aug-21 14:03:02

The website is down at the moment…but otherwise never had a problem with it……

Jaxjacky Wed 04-Aug-21 14:25:18

Just tried, couldn’t even login, button wouldn’t work ?

Anneeba Wed 04-Aug-21 14:26:49

I know, it used to work fine, that's why it's so annoying to have had it fiddled with. You wait in a queue to log on now ha!

Callistemon Wed 04-Aug-21 14:28:49

I find the new prize checker page puerile and annoying.

If I haven't won do I want to be asked, brightly, if I want to see who the big prize winners are this month? No, I don't!

Nor do I want to be wished 'Better Luck Next Time'

Maggiemaybe Wed 04-Aug-21 14:57:57

Yes, the old prize checker page was much better, definitely more suitable for grown-ups. Though I must admit I enjoy asking Alexa if I’ve won, which is much more childish. smile

I do like to look at the big winners as well, so I can mutter about the lucky so and sos who buy a few bonds in June, then win £100,000 in August. Oh, and the fact that ERNIE doesn’t seem to like my part of the country. grin

GrannyGravy13 Wed 04-Aug-21 15:07:58

I downloaded the App at the weekend which is simple to use.

Callistemon Wed 04-Aug-21 15:16:37

Not many big winners here, either, Maggiemaybe although I did win £25 this month, can hardly contain the excitement!

Jaxjacky Wed 04-Aug-21 15:45:32

Thanks GrannyGravy, I’ll try that.

Anneeba Thu 05-Aug-21 12:13:51

I'll give the app a whirl. I always feel they get more access to you as an individual using apps though, probably not the case but...

Doodledog Thu 05-Aug-21 12:47:05

Anneeba

I'll give the app a whirl. I always feel they get more access to you as an individual using apps though, probably not the case but...

I don't know how that would work, Anneeba.

However, the app is not working either grin. I entertained a fleeting notion that it wasn't letting me check the August premium bond results because I had won the million and they were checking that all was well - but no, it is just out of order.

Jaxjacky Thu 05-Aug-21 12:53:10

I downloaded and logged in on the app yesterday, all fine (won £25!), not for logging in ?

MawBe Thu 05-Aug-21 13:18:53

My only complaint with it is that they seem to have omitted to inform me that I won the £1 million and (clearly a typo) just told me I had won another £25. hmm

Jaxjacky Thu 05-Aug-21 13:38:53

That does seem a flaw MawBe ??