Gransnet forums

Chat

Poor baby - run home to mummy!

(512 Posts)
Newatthis Mon 23-Aug-21 12:56:15

So, not only had Prince Andrew run home to mummy, The Queen has let it be known to the regiment that she wants the Duke of York to remain as colonel, and the feeling is that nobody wants to do anything that could cause upset to the colonel-in-chief.'
What about those who have been hurt by this so far by these allegations...... Diddums - poor Andrew, I wonder if The Queen spoon feeds him his breakfast and wipes his botty for him also!

www.itv.com/news/2021-08-22/queen-wants-duke-of-york-to-keep-honorary-military-role

FannyCornforth Mon 23-Aug-21 13:09:00

I don’t know what you mean by ‘running home to mummy’ etc.
I’ve read the report and it just says that HM wants Andrew to retain his title. (It can hardly be reported that she doesn’t).
So who makes the final decision?

Lucca Mon 23-Aug-21 13:10:36

NEWATTHIS I’m no fan of Andrew but to be honest. Find your post a bit OTT

Newatthis Mon 23-Aug-21 13:11:00

He ran home to Balmoral with Fergie.

GillT57 Mon 23-Aug-21 13:12:16

I too am no fan of Andrew, but understand the difficulty facing the Queen. If he had any consideration for his Mother, he would resign the position and save any embarrassment.

eazybee Mon 23-Aug-21 13:12:18

What a childish post.

BlueBelle Mon 23-Aug-21 13:12:58

I have no nice thoughts about Andrew but your post is ridiculous and actually childish
There are plenty of more sensible threads on this subject

FannyCornforth Mon 23-Aug-21 13:13:12

Surely then Sarah would be ‘spoon feeding him and wiping his bottie’

JenniferEccles Mon 23-Aug-21 13:17:02

Like most people I have no time for Prince Andrew, but I agree with others that your post is very childish.

SueDonim Mon 23-Aug-21 13:35:38

The OP sounds more infantile than anyone else. Three of my AC are home today. Are they all running home to mummy? hmm

nanna8 Mon 23-Aug-21 13:35:43

He’s just another entitled old perv. He was unlucky in that he attracted more publicity than usual because of who he is. They never did set a good example, the royals.

maddyone Mon 23-Aug-21 13:37:01

GillT57

I too am no fan of Andrew, but understand the difficulty facing the Queen. If he had any consideration for his Mother, he would resign the position and save any embarrassment.

Yes, Andrew would resign this post and then that would be the end of it.

Bluebellwould Mon 23-Aug-21 13:37:10

I have zero tolerance for the supposed antics of PA but his mother, who he is close to, has recently lost her husband and is, presumably grieving still. Perhaps he has gone to comfort her and keep her company, not as you so pejoratively put it ‘running home to mummy’.

rafichagran Mon 23-Aug-21 13:39:04

Childish And horrible post, and I dislike Andrew, but think what you are saying is OTT.

MawBe Mon 23-Aug-21 13:42:57

OP I think your post is childish and OTT.
I have no affection or indeed respect for Prince Andrew, but to spend time at Balmoral with the Queen is hardly “running home to mummy”
The rest of your post is simply offensive and equally unworthy of comment

FannyCornforth Mon 23-Aug-21 13:46:08

Oh dear Newatthis
This hasn’t gone to plan has it

Grany Mon 23-Aug-21 13:51:04

"I know Elizabeth is old by anyone's reckoning but she's also Head of State, and she either shows a sense of decent judgement and a sense of loyalty to 'her' armed forces and the people of the UK - or she abdicates"

jaylucy Mon 23-Aug-21 13:52:27

How rude are you?
You don't personally know him, you don't know what happened for certain and quite honestly, if HM chose not to support her son, I would be very surprised, just as many mothers would do, title or no title.
The constant Royal Family bashing on here quite frankly sickens me. There are obviously quite a few that weren't told by their parents "If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all!"

Grany Mon 23-Aug-21 13:52:29

He has run home to mummy and she is protecting him.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-Aug-21 13:56:09

Any Mother would/will protect their child, he has not been convicted of a crime (as of yet).
If he is convicted at a later date, no doubt as a Mother this will not stop her loving him, maybe she will lose any respect for him?

timetogo2016 Mon 23-Aug-21 13:58:52

Innocent until proven otherwise.
He faught in the Falkands, so i believe he should keep his title.
I imagine thats why HRH the Queen isn`t taking the title off him.
Personally, i have no time for him regardless of anything he does or doesn`t do either titled or not.

silverdragon Mon 23-Aug-21 14:02:56

The young woman that PA is supposed to have assaulted - what I want to know is why & how on earth did she get involved with Epstein & Maxwell in the first place, kept being in their circle, and WHERE were her parents whilst all this was going on?

Libbee Mon 23-Aug-21 14:04:05

Post ridiculous. Andrew, Fergie and Eugenia are HOLIDAYING with the Queen. No one has run home to mummy. Everything happened at the same time unfortunately and fake media news make it look something it’s not.

RomRoot Mon 23-Aug-21 14:09:24

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-Aug-21 14:13:10

Romroot you should ask for your post to be removed as it is an unproven lie.