Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 21st September 2021

(42 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 21-Sep-21 06:03:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley this morning.
My plans apart from having a good session of housework , prior to doing my usual bus trip to Bicester , then returning home watch one of the junior level time trails in world championships in Belgium.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 21-Sep-21 06:07:59

Good morning from a dark E Kent. The equinox is tomorrow, already. Wasn’t the moon bright last night?
Going to tai chi this morning, trying to get back to normal.
Got an inexplicable ton of laundry on the go atm. Will give me a lot of ironing, I think.
Enjoy the day, extract small pleasures from it, seize the day, and love your family.
??????????????????

harrigran Tue 21-Sep-21 06:36:44

Good morning from a cloudy but dry NE.
Yesterday was a sunny day and I got to spend some time in the garden dead heading the geraniums and lavender.
More paperwork to do, sorting bank accounts that have derisory interest rates.
Enjoy the Indian summer

Ashcombe Tue 21-Sep-21 06:46:54

Good morning, one and all from a bright (due to be sunny) Sarthe.

I thought of you yesterday, grandMattie, with the clearance of Philip's house which can’t have been easy. Your courageous spirit sines through in your posts. Take care of yourself.

Some ?for harrigran and your DH.

I hope the bullying of GrannyGravy13’s GC is being dealt with sensitively and thoroughly. My heart goes out to the child and all who love her.

Wishing you a good day, whatever it holds. ?☀️???

Sar53 Tue 21-Sep-21 06:47:13

Good morning from Essex by the sea. So far it's bright but a bit chilly.
At nine o'clock I'm off to start my journey to Leamington Spa, on the train, to stay with DD1 and family.
Have a lovely Tuesday everyone xx

grandMattie Tue 21-Sep-21 07:00:38

Ash, it is not bravery but necessity. I’m holding everyone else together, I shall fall apart spectacularly in a few months no doubt.
Thank you all for all your kindness and support! ❤️❤️

BlueBalou Tue 21-Sep-21 07:01:20

Good morning everyone, I haven’t looked through the curtains yet so no idea what it’s like out!
Craft club this morning after dog walking, then I would love to sit in the garden with a book if it’s warm enough.
I hope you all have a peaceful day.

fatgran57 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:09:57

grandMattie it is bravery of an unimaginable kind and yes you will fall apart but you will be so strong when you are needed.

Jaxjacky Tue 21-Sep-21 07:12:36

Good morning all from a clear, chilly S Hants. I too have bank ‘stuff’ to sort harrigran involving hanging on the phone I expect.
A voluntary drive to do, farm shop that I didn’t get to yesterday and helping a friend with online shopping. Enjoy your visit Sar.
grandMattie thoughts with you ?

baubles Tue 21-Sep-21 07:14:04

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where the sky is brightening.

Nothing planned for today, a tidy up in the garden and a dog walk is all.

I’m trying to help DH find some sort of volunteering activity as he’s feeling the need to do something useful, no joy so far.

I’m doing my best to take your advice gMattie to grab each day.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and thinking of those with coping sadness or illness. ???

Pittcity Tue 21-Sep-21 07:15:08

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. A warm, dry day in the offing.
I will be spending it volunteering at the charity shop.

Pittcity Tue 21-Sep-21 07:15:43

Pressed post too soon. Love to all ?x

Beechnut Tue 21-Sep-21 07:15:49

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Although cloudy there’s a bright strip to the east and cooler.

Mattie I agree with you about the necessity. ??

My brother came by last night and we exchanged our news. Beechnutella is in France and sent me some photos (the modern postcard).

A homeworking day and a dog walk. Also a root around in the freezer for meal making and watching Chelsea.

Have the best day you can all ?

Grandmadinosaur Tue 21-Sep-21 07:25:04

Good morning all. It is a lovely crisp sunny morning here in East Yorkshire.

Grandmattie you are an inspiration how you are coping with your loss. I’m sure I would fall apart.

I have an early start as I am taking dgs to school. DIL is having to take things easy and DS is away overnight on business with my DH so I am taking the little one. I myself have 2 days to myself ?
Later it is coffee with friends one of whom has a husband going through a worrying time health wise.
After that my time is my own ... lucky me!

Have a good day all and take care.

ginny Tue 21-Sep-21 07:34:26

Good morning all.
Must get going as DD3 and baby will be here straight from the school run.
I have a hair appointment and a zoom meeting later. A cake to make and lots of craft stuff to sort out.
Thoughts with all who are sad or poorly, wishing everyone a smile in your day.

Grandmajean Tue 21-Sep-21 07:38:59

Good morning all from Cheshire.
Went with DS last night to meet DGS from Cubs where the children had enjoyed a messy time with water fighting and sliding on a mat slick with washing up liquid and water ! It was lovely to hear the laughing and shrieking. Simple fun. The young leaders supervising are the best !
I hope today brings something good to all.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:41:07

Good morning from a lovely sunny, but only 5 degrees, Oxfordshire , we spent all day yesterday, clearing one shed and putting everything into the new one, so housework and washing day today.
DD2 is off to the hosp, for final check on her knee along with Mr Oops, and will get a date for the other one to be done, although after a long hack last weekend her knee is the size of a football, maybe too much too soon? But she is desperate to get off the pain killers so we will see what he has to say.
Have a good day everyone and for those in pain or sorrow virtual hugs.

brook2704 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:41:41

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cloudy and I can see the trees blowing quite a bit in the wind.

Today I’m doing a Fitsteps dance class and then going into town for a bit of shopping. DH is off to work for a couple of hours and then we’ll meet up later

I hope you find something for your DH.to do baubles that’s the reason my DH has carried on working. It’s only a small local gardening job but it gives him a sense of purpose and some structure to the day. Hopefully you’ll find something that your DH enjoys doing. Fingers crossed

Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Susan56 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:41:53

Good morning from Shropshire.A chill in the air but sun forecast later.

Mattie I think you are being pretty amazing holding your family together ??????

A quiet day at home today which I need to make the most of as the next day on the calendar with nothing written on is 2nd October?

Thinking of all with illness,worries and struggles??

MayBeMaw Tue 21-Sep-21 07:44:08

Good morning all and I hope a better one for those with worries or sadness.
I have overslept which was lovely but my cleaner is coming and yes, I have to tidy up first! A good discipline because on my own it is too easy think my stuff just makes the house look “lived in”
Looks bright and crisp out there - very Autumnal.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:50:23

Morning Mick and all

Grey but warm here.

grandMatte please be gentle on yourself ?
Thank you for all your kind messages and PM’s it is hard to see a GC upset, hopefully the school will have a more positive intervention now.

Safe journey Sat53

We have The Imp so it’s a wait and see day.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Jaxjacky Tue 21-Sep-21 07:57:22

baubles I volunteer with this group www.goodneighbours.org.uk/
There may be one near you, not sure if that’s the sort of thing for your DH.

Urmstongran Tue 21-Sep-21 08:04:57

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s warm but dull. That was a surprise to wake up to. I slept in. Went to bed at 10pm and woke at 8:30am. We walked miles yesterday so I must have been tired!

Tuesday = LWW day, yay! ?? sitting down with friends & chatting I love it. Last one of this visit though. ‘3 more sleeps’ as I’d say to L’l Miss!

Pottering here first, putting some stuff in clip boxes, sorting out jewellery and make up for my airport bag then a shower before a wash and blow appointment at the salon downstairs.

I think you are very strong grandMattie and I admire your stoicism. It must feel so tempting to give in to your feelings yet you soldier on for others who are grieving. ⭐️

Elizabeth1 Tue 21-Sep-21 08:09:36

Good morning everyone from a sunny start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.

That’s me had a good 6 hrs sleep without any back pain hurrah I think I’m on the mend. Grandmattie thinking of you and-sending lots of hugsflowersyesterday was very tentative on the old pins I’ve not quite got my mojo back just yet. The short story I’ve written and hope to get published has gone to umpteen publishers who say I’m needing to add a few more words. I’ve been trying to do this on Amazon but my brain isn’t functioning too well. and my eyesight has been shot all to pieces due to tiredness. What’s a new story writer to do to get there? Even ian rankin I’m sure didn’t have this turmoil. There are a good few good writers from my neck of the woods I wonder if I’ll be one one wink

Except, every piece of advice seems like gobble de gook.confused I think I’ll leave it for a couple of days.what say you you clever grandsnetters. hmm

There is hope out there love and best wishes to all who are doing as they are telt.enjoy today.

monk08 Tue 21-Sep-21 08:18:43

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
The house got a treat yesterday it was introduced to the duster and vacuum, had to find something to do while waiting for the plumber.
While the weather holds will probably take a walk down to the RSPB and have stroll round the lake.
Thoughts with missing posters, best wishes to anyone celebrating, and safe travels to anyone on a journey.
Enjoy your day and may you all find some ?