Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 22nd September 2021

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 22-Sep-21 06:05:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry again here in brackley this morning.
Today, after a small shop , will do some sorting out as to something I was sent by BT which I told the person know all I need a refence number to return item .
Otherwise , watch the mixed relay time trial , the first time at World Championships for this was a Harrogate in 2019 , were GB got the bronze its on Eurosport only .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 22-Sep-21 06:12:18

Good morning, dark and cool in E Kent.
Had a bad night because think I have developed gout! Very, very painful. No, I’m not a port drinking old man!?, just old, but it does run in the family! I’ll have to camp on the GP’s doorstep as my phone is out of order and other than pigeon post, I don’t know how to see him/her!
A quiet day today, otherwise.
Have a gentle day, love well. ??????❤️❤️☀️

grandMattie Wed 22-Sep-21 06:13:05

Oh, and it’s the equinox today. We have to prepare ourselves for the oncoming storms!

Beechnut Wed 22-Sep-21 06:29:07

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dry and dark.
I’ll get my brolly Mattie.

I have to take the car for a MoT first thing. Before that a dog walk. This afternoon I’ll go out for an hour to something that has started up and will watch Chelsea later.

Have a good day all. ?

NotAGran55 Wed 22-Sep-21 06:34:58

Good morning from West Berkshire. I’ve not looked out yet , so no weather report.
Food bank this morning and household admin this afternoon.

The water board are supposed to be coming today to fit a water meter but they haven’t confirmed the appointment so we shall see… They cancelled a previous appointment in good time, so I’m assuming this one will go ahead .

Have a good day one and all .

Ashcombe Wed 22-Sep-21 06:36:21

Good morning, everyone, from a promising looking start to the day in Sarthe after a chilly night.

Oh, grandMattie, what a nuisance! Would your local pharmacy be a better option for a remedy? I do hope you can soon find relief. ?

Better news of DH, olddudders, who had an evening in which he said he felt really well for the first time in weeks. Most evenings he is ready to retire by the time we have dined.

Hope everyone finds a reason to smile today. We’re heading for Lidl for me to stock up on supplies for my return home in about 10 days' time. ?☀️???

FannyCornforth Wed 22-Sep-21 06:41:20

Good morning all from me in a still dark Derby.
Mattie I’ve posted about gout on the ‘anyone awake’ thread smile

cornergran Wed 22-Sep-21 06:47:00

Morning Mick, morning All Our corner of Somerset is dry, about all I can tell.

Unexpected flying visit from some family yesterday, cheered me. Today’s excitement is a wound check with a nurse at the surgery. Carpenters will be here unreasonably early to change our internal doors. Not the best of timing but if we delayed it would be months before they could schedule us again.

That’s better news ash, that sounds very painful mattie, what a time for your phone to go on strike. Hope you can manage to get some help.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

harrigran Wed 22-Sep-21 06:53:00

Good morning from a dry NE.
Yesterday was a quiet day with no housework as DH slept most of the day.
The local pharmacy delivered my prescription which saved me a problem. The palliative nurse arranged for DH's drugs to be delivered last month but wasn't sure they would extend the service to me.
My friend rang last night and we had a chat, we used to meet up regularly but haven't been out for a meal together since August 2019.
A mild day is promised again.

Susan56 Wed 22-Sep-21 06:53:19

Good morning from Shropshire.

Up early as I have a dental appointment this morning?First we are dropping off a load of tomatoes at the food bank.We have such a glut this year.As the dentist is in Shrewsbury we will have a wander round the shops afterwards.

Hope you manage to see the GP grandMattie???

Have a good day all??

monk08 Wed 22-Sep-21 06:59:45

Good morning all from the Black country. It's dry here so hope it goes the same as last few days nice and sunny.
Off to moms and toddlers this morning have promised Dil I would help out. She runs the group at her church but they have lost some helpers, so that's my morning sorted.
Will see what DH wants to do when I get back.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 22-Sep-21 07:03:39

Good morning from a dry East Yorkshire it looks to be another fine day ahead.

DH was away on business overnight. At bedtime he likes to read while I prefer lights out so with going to bed at a time of my choice why was I still awake an hour later ?
Then I changed the alarm on Alexa but why was I awake long before the usual alarm? So I got up and made a cuppa to bring back to bed.
I have to take dgs to school again today but then I have a free morning. There is a market here on a Weds that I haven’t been to in a long time. I might go there especially as it is on a site which is used for a fair in a few weeks time so no market on then.
Dh is back this afternoon. DS has also been on this trip and my grandson told me that Daddy had gone to an exhibition where the big toy shop is. He means Hamleys in London ?
Hope you can get some relief from gout Grandmattie

Wishing everyone a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 22-Sep-21 07:07:48

Morning Mick and all

Starting to brighten up here in S E Essex.

Oh dear grandMattie DH has had gout it is so painful, I hope you get to see your GP pronto.???

I have woken up with a headache, I have so much on my mind it just doesn’t switch off We have structural engineers, surveyor and a building contractor looking at our house today, all the remedial work we had done three years ago has not rectified the problems, so it’s going to be a difficult meeting.

Keep safe and well folks ??‍♀️

kittylester Wed 22-Sep-21 07:11:27

Good morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire. I know it's chilly as the heating has kicked in.

Had a lovely day yesterday with Wondrous Wolfie. He is 3 next month and such good company! In the evening we went to a very nice Chinese restaurant to, belatedly, celebrate DS1's 50th.

Today is looking equally exciting as the boiler is being serviced and the new tumble dryer is being delivered!!

TillyTrotter Wed 22-Sep-21 07:18:41

Good morning. I’m usually a reader not a poster on this lovely Good Morning Thread Mick starts each day, but I had to pop on to say:
Happy Birthday to our friend Charleygirl. ? ? ? ? ?

Gingster Wed 22-Sep-21 07:27:13

Good morning all and it’s a fine bright start to the day here on the Suffolk coast. The sunrise is magical. The moon was, again, a big ball of orange which rose higher and brighter and turned silver which lit up the sea. Isnt nature wonderful. ??

Sorry to hear of your pain grandMattie and your phone being out. You don’t deserve all this ! ?

Grannygravy - I hope your day ends satisfactorily. No wonder you’ve woken with a headache. ?

Good news for olddudders feeling well at last. It must be your nursing Ash ?

Today we will have a longish walk along the beach, into the woods and around the fields. Yesterday we went to the forest and the trees are beginning to turn colour and the ferns already have. Dh found a piece of cherry wood to bring home to ‘whittle ‘??Autumn really makes me happy!

Hope my pic of the sunrise appears.

Wishing you all a peaceful, gentle day ?????

ginny Wed 22-Sep-21 07:27:38

Good morning all. The weather looks promising here in N. Bucks.
A morning of bits and pieces for me plus a cake delivery to make.
This afternoon at craft club where I am in charge of the project.
Wishing all a smile in your day.

Urmstongran Wed 22-Sep-21 07:27:40

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have a forecast of sunshine but a chance of a thunderstorm later. Is this an equinox phenomena then grandMattie? I’m off to Google ...

We leave in just over an hour to have our rapid antigen tests done then all being negative, Himself will fill out the on line locator forms for us both. I’m glad I have a P.A.
#lazygran

We are possibly the last cohort of travellers needing this pre-flight test. At €40 each, some people are making a lot of money these days. ‘Kerching’!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. x

Gingster Wed 22-Sep-21 07:28:19

Pic of sunrise

Gingster Wed 22-Sep-21 07:32:34

Pic of autumn colours

Jaxjacky Wed 22-Sep-21 07:32:36

Good morning all from a misty S Hants. Ouch grandMattie sounds painful, ? you get some treatment.
Sounds promising for oldudders Ashcombe, a definite step forwards.
Wednesdays are my phone volunteering day, I’ll try and take an hour for a walk, we have sun forecast all day, rain is needed.
Have a pleasant day all ??

brook2704 Wed 22-Sep-21 07:32:49

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s wild and windy this morning- definitely a hang on to your hat day! It’s not raining just yet but it’s forecast for later.

DH is off to DD2 house helping SiL to clear rubbish from their garage and do a tip run. I’m going to the gym for the Aqua class and a splash in the pool and then after that a bit of shopping.

Hope the tests go ok urmston and enjoy your last couple of days of beautiful Spanish sunshine ?

Beautiful sunrise picture Gingster enjoy your day, it sound lovely

Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Jaxjacky Wed 22-Sep-21 07:35:00

Very Happy Birthday to you Charleygirl ????.

dogsmother Wed 22-Sep-21 07:36:03

Good Morning everyone.
Hoping Rufus is around too ?‍♀️
A beautiful peaceful day here although we have roadworks so peace will be shattered very soon as they resume.

Grammaretto Wed 22-Sep-21 07:36:47

Good morning from the Scottish Borders,
The wind is picking up here.
Can you not borrow a phone to call the doctor grandMattie? or email the surgery?

I recommend a brisk walk to shake off the headaches grannygravy. I'll bet those contractors aren't suffering!
The wasp's nest in the masonry beside my bedroom window is beginning to bother me.
I don't want to destroy their busy home but I can't open the window as they would fly in.
I have booked a train journey to see DD next week and have renewed my railcard. a small triumph

I am glad that olddudders is feeling better Ash and I am glad that your medicines can be delivered along with those of Mr H Harrigran

Life's small pleasures . Hang on to them. smile