Gransnet forums

Chat

Love notes

(72 Posts)
Tizliz Thu 14-Oct-21 14:05:07

The last time my husband wrote me a love note must be 45 years ago, he doesn’t do romance. This morning I was ill with a migraine and he waited in for the Tesco delivery and put it all away which was great. Then he went to work. I got up half an hour ago to find he had finished our new jigsaw whilst waiting, he left the last piece for me to put in with a note ‘I would have left my last rollo if I had one’. Has an alien ship come down in the night and replaced him ? love him dearly but this is so unlike him.

Does your OH do love nots

GagaJo Thu 14-Oct-21 14:12:47

Nooooooo. Not in a million years.

I THOUGHT he was texting me romantically a few years ago, more or less saying he couldn't live without me. Nope. Had an ENTIRELY different meaning. I was misinterpreting.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 14-Oct-21 14:28:01

How romantic! Is he trying to get in your good books ?
As for my DH well definitely not. Even his text messages are short and sweet. He does however find Birthday cards that have a nice verse so I’ll have to make do with that.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 14-Oct-21 14:28:34

Many years ago when we were in the process of buying the house we are now living in, the process wasn’t going smoothly. We couldn’t find a buyer, the person we were buying from were getting impatient. For quite a few weeks, until we signed on the dotted line, OH left me little poems in places like the tea caddy or under the grill. Proper rhyming verses!

AmberSpyglass Thu 14-Oct-21 14:28:48

We both do love notes. Probably nauseating if anyone was to read them, but they make us very happy.

crazyH Thu 14-Oct-21 14:31:52

How lovely you lucky ladies !❤️

Aldom Thu 14-Oct-21 14:46:35

My husband left me post it notes all the time. It's many years since he died, but thankfully I kept some of those yellow notes. How precious they are to me now. A reminder of how very much he loved me.... and I him, of course. smile

DanniRae Thu 14-Oct-21 15:39:59

No love notes but I have been ill with a very bad cold and Mr R has looked after me very well. For lunch today I fancied scrambled eggs and a slice of bread and butter - the result was the nicest scrambled eggs I have ever had and that's more acceptable to me than a 'love note!'

PollyTickle Thu 14-Oct-21 15:53:08

That’s so lovely Tizliz. Tiny things that make us feel warm and cosy.
I’m a a bit like DanniRae, my love notes come in the form of thoughtfulness, chicken soup when I’m not well, a cup of tea when I’m busy or a piece of chocolate when I’m down in the dumps.
Either way, nice to know we’re loved isn’t it.
Lovely memories for you Aldom to know how much you were loved.

PollyTickle Thu 14-Oct-21 15:54:07

Feel better soon DanniRae

Zoejory Thu 14-Oct-21 15:57:59

GagaJo

Nooooooo. Not in a million years.

I THOUGHT he was texting me romantically a few years ago, more or less saying he couldn't live without me. Nope. Had an ENTIRELY different meaning. I was misinterpreting.

What was he actually saying, GagaJo?

My other half used to be very romantic with notes and whatnot but I managed to knock it out of him. Not literally of course. Poor chap.

I was never comfortable with romantic gestures really.

Hellogirl1 Thu 14-Oct-21 16:44:03

My husband was never much for being romantic, in fact romance was pretty much non existent, until it came to my Birthday and Christmas cards from him, nothing fancy written, but what he did write was always surrounded by loads of kisses. I miss those cards.

AmberSpyglass Thu 14-Oct-21 17:35:13

I always thought the best way to be proposed to would be while stuck in a traffic jam in the rain and realising that you don’t want to be stuck with anyone else, ever.

Shelflife Thu 14-Oct-21 17:46:43

Tizliz, that is so sweet! and all the more precious because he does'nt do romance! My DH does' nt do romance either - perhaps I should buy a jig saw !!!

PollyTickle Thu 14-Oct-21 17:48:22

AmberSpyglass yes.

Fleur20 Thu 14-Oct-21 18:23:45

Tizliz...he's a keeper!!
❤❤

DanniRae Thu 14-Oct-21 19:09:23

PollyTickle - Thank you so much! smile

Witzend Thu 14-Oct-21 19:17:02

I’ve never had one of those.
What dh did do, though, a few years ago now, was surprise me with a big bouquet of flowers. Since it wasn’t my birthday or Valentine’s Day (the only times I ever get any) I was nonplussed.

He said, ‘It’s exactly 50 years to the day since we met.’

In the nicest possible way, I was blown over, Although I remembered the occasion very well, I wouldn’t even have known what month it was, let alone the day!

(I really shouldn’t moan about his explosive sneezes any more, should I? ?)

Jaxjacky Thu 14-Oct-21 19:38:03

MrJ told me earlier, just chatting over a cuppa, that I am his fancy woman…does that count? ?.

CanadianGran Thu 14-Oct-21 23:14:17

Tizliz, that is sweet!

We leave notes for each other when we go out, usually just a post-it and signed with a heart. He sneaks chocolate into the grocery cart, and he doesn't eat it! Little things that are sweet; I think he is more thoughtful than me. I need to step up my game.

BigBertha1 Fri 15-Oct-21 05:53:11

No he doesn't. Neither of us like schmaltz stuff but he looks after me very well if I am unwell in the manner of an efficient nurse.

Coolgran65 Fri 15-Oct-21 06:31:42

There was a time very much so, a little less as the years went on….. but he does end a phone call with love you.
However, yesterday he decided ‘my’ steam generator iron was past it’s time and ‘I’ should have a new one. Ok …. so it was past it’s best with bits broken off the corners and a bit rusty around where the iron rests but it still works. Off we went to Curry’s and picked a new iron. Does this count?

Last night after a very busy and productive evening sorting admin we were climbing into bed and after our goodnight kiss I said thank you for the new iron and he said …. No bother… Merry Christmas…. Please note he was joking.

Kim19 Fri 15-Oct-21 06:56:38

Tizliz, thank you for sharing that lovely little (large) event. Fairly warmed my heart. Yes, I'm a tad envious but, thankfully, I still have my memories. Jax...... 'that' counts indeed. Lucky you.

GrammarGrandma Fri 15-Oct-21 10:49:31

My husband is wonderfully romantic!

Bijou Fri 15-Oct-21 10:54:51

My husband never left notes but was always saying that he loved me., During the war he wrote to me every day whilst he abroad. The night before he died he said he loved me so much.