Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 16th October 2021

(40 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 16-Oct-21 06:00:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Plans for the day , after breakfast some TV , followed by bus to Buckingham and then onto Bicester so I can have a coffee plus , before returning home on the bus, as Buckingham has its first weekend of charter fair , it alters things .
Later maybe a Chinese Take Away .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 16-Oct-21 06:11:11

Good morning from E Kent.
We had a very nice day yesterday. DH took me out to lunch at the local pub for a very pleasant lunch, soon after which we got a call from GDS to pick him up a couple of miles away. He had gon3 to the local leisure park with his college to do the assault course (part of his course), and various other strenuous stuff. He was filthy but happy! He was chattier and more relaxed that we have seen him for a very long time. He’s spent the night here, so more joy today.
Not a lot happening today - back to rugby this afternoon I expect.
Hope that harrigran had a relatively easy night and managed some sleep. Trust that everyone is safe, including our several missing posters whom we miss very much.
Have a gentle day, catch a passing ?if you can. ?☀️??

harrigran Sat 16-Oct-21 06:25:42

Good morning from a dark and cold NE.
Quite a busy day yesterday with DH, grateful to have DD and SIL with me from lunchtime until I got DH settled for the night.
DD is returning this afternoon and is a great help especially with admin stuff.
Thank you for lovely messages of support.

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Oct-21 07:08:34

Good morning all, it’s dark but dry in S Hants. Sounds a perfect day grandMattie.
Your family are a blessing harrigran.
MrJ off to football later, think I’ll cut the back grass, strip and wash the bedding putting a new bottom sheet on. It’s elasticated all the way, so will hopefully stay put.
Charter fair sounds busy Mick, enjoy your meal.
Stay safe all ??

Ashcombe Sat 16-Oct-21 07:10:03

Good morning, all, from a cloudy Torbay. Our run of sunny days seems to be over. ☹️

It’s good to read that you have family support, harrigran; such a comfort to have loved ones nearby at such times. Thinking of you as always.

Likewise, grandMattie; being around the younger generation gives us hope and I’m sure your DGS is happy to be with people who loved his DF, too.

Happy weekend, everyone! ?????

NanKate Sat 16-Oct-21 07:23:51

Good morning Mickand all.

The sky here in South Bucks is slate grey with an apricot horizon.

DH is coming down town with me for a coffee and croissant, then we are popping into Mountain Warehouse to try on a fleece jacket that DH ordered for me as he thought I would like it. I wonder if I will.

Your family are such a support harrigran during this very difficult time. However, it can’t be easy for you. Hope you managed some sleep last night.

grandMattie so pleased a bit of joy is creeping back into your life.

NanKate Sat 16-Oct-21 07:29:05

Ashcombe we saw a very poignant play at our local amateur dramatics last night called Love Letters just 2 actors. Do you know the play ? So good to be back in the village hall. Hope your theatre group can start performing again soon.

brook2704 Sat 16-Oct-21 07:43:37

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cloudy and quite cool.
It’s good that you’ve got some family support at such a difficult time harri take care and look after yourself too
Enjoy the time with your DGS grandMattie
Nothing much planned for today, DH is going into work for a couple of hours this morning and I’m waiting for a collection of some faulty bar stools that we bought online from John Lewis. The bar stools look good but were quite wobbly when we made them up so they’re going back and I need to start over again.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Ashcombe Sat 16-Oct-21 07:44:32

I don’t know that play, NanKate, but I’m glad you enjoyed it. We are back into rehearsing in our premises now, with ?there are no more Covid cases!

Next week, an outside company is hiring our theatre to perform “What’s So Amazing About Grace?” The players include several people who’ve turned their lives around after suffering addictions and homelessness. It’s directed by an inspirational man, who once gave a memorable performance with our company as Mr. Toad in “The Wind in the Willows”; they are called The Unleashed Theatre Company.

Weather update: the fog has rolled in! ?

baubles Sat 16-Oct-21 07:44:43

Good morning Mick, morning all from another dry start to the day in Northumberland.

How lovely for you gMattie.
So good that your family are such a help harri, you must be exhausted, I hope you sleep well tonight.

We’ve been so lucky with the weather this week, yesterday was gorgeous which made our day out even more enjoyable. There was a last minute change of plans as we decided to visit a National Trust property called Cragside. It had the most beautiful grounds, a smashing playground and a labyrinth out of which we had trouble finding our way. Great fun for the children.

I’ve added the link for anyone interested.

Going home today. DD is planning on stopping off at a little petting zoo which isn’t dog friendly so I think we will just have a last walk and a coffee somewhere.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cragside#Overview

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Oct-21 07:46:31

Morning Mick and all

Another bad night, I have got medication from Practice Nurse (our GP’s are rather elusive at the moment) hopefully they will start to work their magic soon.

grandMattie seems like you had an enjoyable day. Harrigran I do hope you have a chance to rest whilst you have your family with you.

This little corner of Essex has been dealt the most dreadful shock, my thoughts and prayers are with Sir David Amess family and friends. To go to work and not return is heartbreaking for all concerned.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

cornergran Sat 16-Oct-21 07:49:59

Morning Mick, morning All. Cloud cover over our corner of Somerset

Our granddaughter is definitely covid positive. So far not too unwell, just bored. Yesterday passed as planned. Physio pleased with knee, upper arm pains are related to tension in my unwieldy spine. One washer load already this morning, number two is churning away. No idea where it all comes from. Hope to go into town later to a couple of shops and enjoy some phone chats this afternoon. My days do seem mundane by comparison with many.

Enjoy your trip out mick, I’m pleased and relieved you have your family harri. Your grandson will brighten the day grandMattie.

Take care everyone. Hope Saturday is kind to us all.

Grandmajean Sat 16-Oct-21 07:57:35

Still dry and Autumnal here in Cheshire. I love these sunny leaf strewn days.
Glad your lovely grandson is such a comfort GrandMattie
No plans today so will see where the mood takes me.

Urmstongran Sat 16-Oct-21 08:05:33

Good morning everyone from south (predictive prompts offered me ‘palm’ and ‘beach’ - I wish!) MANCHESTER. It’s dry and mild. We’ve had lovely weather this week. Anyway I can see the Pennines which is always a good sign.

The Boy Wonder has a big football match this morning that mum & dad would both like to see so we’re going over to mind L’il Miss for a couple of hours. Thanks to grandad removing the stabilisers from her bike last week she’s enjoying the buzz of achievement so I imagine the bike & helmet will play a part at some stage!

Such shocking news indeed GG13 from your corner of the world. I kept thinking about it all last night. Enjoy your grandson-filled day grandMattie. I imagine he’s such a comfort to you both right now. It’s lovely that he wants to be with you at his age. A thoughtful young man for sure.

Enjoy Saturday all who can. x

Pittcity Sat 16-Oct-21 08:11:11

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another bright dry day here.
Family visiting this afternoon so I'll take it easy this morning as I expect 6 year old DGS will want to run around later.
Love to all ?x

NannyJan53 Sat 16-Oct-21 08:19:13

Good morning from a cloudy but warm Black Country. Yesterday turned into a gloriously sunny day.

Over to DD's late afternoon to pick up the girls, take them over to Mums and go for a meal at her local pub. DD and SIL are out for a meal with friends for his birthday. I will stay over at their house and return Sunday.

Enjoy being with your DGS grandMattie we have to treasure these golden moments.

It is lovely that you have your family for some support harri, my love and thoughts are with you.

Wishing you all a good Saturday

BlueSapphire Sat 16-Oct-21 08:19:53

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton. Hope it stays like this as I have a walk to and from the surgery for my flu jab this afternoon, and it is 40 minutes each way! I thought about getting the bus but there is not one at a suitable time. I shall call in the newsagents on the way home and pay my paper bill, then pop in the local supermarket for some cat food, as the little madams are turning their noses up at the one they are on now!

Such a lovely sunny day yesterday; had a good mooch around the shops, stocked up with face stuff and hair care, then had coffee in M&S. Went into Sainsbury's and managed to get the stuff that was missing from my order on Thursday.

Spent an hour or two in the garden after lunch cutting back an enormous buddleia, the cut the back grass, as rain is forecast next week.

Watched a film on tv in the evening - The Graduate - can't believe I hadn't seen it when it came out in the late 1960s! Then a documentary about Simon and Garfunkel - the two programmes went together really well.

Wishes to all for a good day. RIP Sir David Amess.

ginny Sat 16-Oct-21 08:21:34

Good morning from a grey N. Bucks but it is supposed to improve.
Some food shopping this morning and then to pick up DDs dog. Will take him to the exercise field and then to ours . They will collect him later this evening.
DH will also collect MIL and she will have dinner with us.
Hope Saturday is a good day for all with a smile along the way.

Marydoll Sat 16-Oct-21 08:26:01

Good morning all from Glasgow, quite chilly here. Yesterday morning, I had to scrape the frost from my car, I didn't expect that!

A gentle day for me today, another restless night. My pain levels are very high and I am exceedingly grumpy! It's probably best to lie low!!?
I have spent the last hour trying to reboot our Internet connect, which hasn't helped my mood!

GM, you sound as if you had a lovely day yesterday.
Glad that GrannyGravy managed to get some medical help yesterday and thinking of Harri and all who have so much to deal with, find the strength to get through today.

I will now go back and read the rest of the posts, which I started reading over an hour ago!
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

dragonfly46 Sat 16-Oct-21 08:27:53

Good morning from an overcast Brighton. I was woken at 6 by a little six year old body coming to snuggle in with me asking when it was morning.

Out for brunch this morning then we are babysitting while Mum and Dad go to a party.

What a comfort that your DGS was bright yesterday.
Harrigran you are in my thoughts.

Stilllearning Sat 16-Oct-21 08:36:22

Morning from S Lanarkshire, rather dull but calm outside. 6 degrees.

You must be proud of your thoughtful grandson grandMattie, a little loving help for you just now.

My two youngest grandchildren were staying with their auntie, DD4, last night and tonight, and I am joining them this afternoon. They were dropped off by their parents on their way home from a week’s holiday which took in Legoland and Harry Potter so a great October break for them. I’m looking forward to being with them and hearing all about it.

Good morning to my friend who reads but doesn’t post and who will be reading this from her flat in Ibiza this morning!

Wishing everyone a good day, thoughts to harrigran and GrannySomerset and everyone else needing special support???

Greyduster Sat 16-Oct-21 08:37:07

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Every time you mention Chinese takeaway Mick, I’m envious. So long since we had one! There was a lovely sunrise this morning, which I hope heralds a clear day ahead. My loopy DD and her loopy friend are running in a twenty mile Peak District fell race today. I looked at the route and went weak at the knees at the thought of it. They’ll need all their reserves that’s for sure. Nothing much doing here today. DH is self isolating prior to a medical procedure next week, so I am too.
Wishing you all the best day possible.

kittylester Sat 16-Oct-21 08:46:24

Morning all from North Leicestershire where it is cloudy but sounds slightly better than Brighton dragonfly.grin

Trip to the florist for me while DH nips into town to feed DS1's cat. DS1 has gone to North Wales with his friends from University who are all celebrating their 50 birthdays this year.

This afternoon we are playing Crazy Golf with Persie. I hope she enjoys it! I hope she wants to watch Strictly too!!

Loving thoughts to Harri and everyone else with woes.

EkwaNimitee Sat 16-Oct-21 08:51:32

Good morning Mick and everyone from a greyish Carlisle. Yesterday was glorious blue sky and sun all day. Although it was very nippy first thing, later you could feel the strong warmth of the sun even now half way through October.
Today is the fifth day of road-making. I was surprised to see the developer's men roll up at 8am, they don't usually work Saturdays. Noisy heavy machinery and loud music...so that's a weekend lie-in spoilt for my working neighbours. Yesterday the unfortunate Tesco delivery man had to tote my baskets down the road as he couldn't park outside the door. I'm staying home today, there's no possibility of the car getting off the drive at the moment. I'm hoping for a gardening day as it seems likely to be dry.
I hope you all enjoy the day and any troubles are eased.

Anniebach Sat 16-Oct-21 08:54:11

Good morning Auntyflo and all x