Gransnet forums

Chat

HELP with travel to France on Friday

(18 Posts)
gangy5 Sat 16-Oct-21 10:58:17

My one big problem is that I'm a technophope !! Has anyone been to France recently and found that the NHS covid pass letter has been sufficient for the French to scan ?? All the info is very confusing. What else will I need there ??

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Oct-21 11:09:39

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france
It’s all on here.

Welshwife Sat 16-Oct-21 11:55:38

We travelled through Portsmouth to St Malo last weekend and just needed to show our Covid passes. Ours are French passes but had been accepted without a problem when entering U.K.

Kali2 Sat 16-Oct-21 12:22:27

So you are double vaccinated? In which case you will also have to download the sworn statement and fill it in.

Kali2 Sat 16-Oct-21 12:22:36

Travellers who are fully vaccinated do not need an essential reason to travel to France and do not need to self-isolate on arrival. From 18 July, fully vaccinated travellers no longer need to present evidence of a negative test result before travel. Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:

a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website

proof of vaccination status

Lucca Sat 16-Oct-21 12:27:03

Kali2

So you are double vaccinated? In which case you will also have to download the sworn statement and fill it in.

And for Italy do you think ? And where do I download that from ?

Welshwife Sat 16-Oct-21 13:00:19

Google French declaration of honour and it should come up. I forgot about needing that form!

sodapop Sat 16-Oct-21 13:09:18

And mostly they don't bother to look at it Welswife

Oldbat1 Sat 16-Oct-21 13:09:21

We went through the tunnel in Sept and found authorities not interested in any documentation apart from passports. We had downloaded and printed everything. We also uploaded our Covid status to the French app version which they use to enter restaurant/cafe but it wasn’t needed. We travelled over 2000 miles and felt really Covid safe - France still expected people to wear face coverings. We love France.

Kali2 Sat 16-Oct-21 13:16:43

Lucca

Kali2

And for Italy do you think ? And where do I download that from ?

Yes, we recently returned from Italy and needed a 'location form'- you had to put the location and detail of the first accomodation only. We ony spent 1 night there, then 1 week in Umbria, 1 week in Tuscany, then 3 nights at diff. places on return.

Kali2 Sat 16-Oct-21 13:17:52

www.healthform-travel.com/italy?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=it&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsMrkz_TO8wIVA7d3Ch2xxQc4EAAYASAAEgK3MPD_BwE

Kali2 Sat 16-Oct-21 13:22:25

Both France and Italy are still very strict with masks and sanitizing- thank goodness!

gangy5 Sun 17-Oct-21 18:08:27

Thanks for your posts and links.

mokryna Sun 17-Oct-21 18:34:31

I am going in the opposite direction on the same day, it is incredible all the hoops I am jumping through, the 2 day test, just before the cheaper one comes through, the form filling 48 hours with the air company etc etc.
The infection rate is a lot lower here in France, least that is what they said on the BBC two days ago.

* gangy5 * Just bring your double vaccinated self over with lots of face masks. Oh, hand gel could be cheaper here as Mr Macron capped it in the beginning as prices were going up because of demand.

* Jaxjacky* It doesn’t help giving the web site, you did that to me, people are asking for personal help and opinions.

mokryna Sun 17-Oct-21 18:51:20

I am arriving in Manchester. Are the people wearing masks in the street and what reflection will the people give me if I wear one? Are people anti masks?

Iam64 Sun 17-Oct-21 19:23:13

Gangy5 it’s all on the British website. You;ll be linked to the French passenger locator form
It’s an added stress to travel but doable
mokryna - I’ve been to two other European countries in the past few weeks. Covid rates much lower - population compliant with masks. Arriving back in the Uk a shock, masks a rarity,. Could that be related to high rates ?

Jaxjacky Sun 17-Oct-21 19:38:33

Apologies mokryna most people, on other sites, have found it helpful.

mokryna Sun 17-Oct-21 22:39:15

Thank you jaxjacky it’s because I had already looked at this site, it is not that straight forward.
* Iam64 * yes agreed, it depends where you, four primary classes closed last week in the next town. At least the children wear masks as well.