Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 25th October 2021

(41 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 25-Oct-21 06:03:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside in Brackley , today a quiet day after the weekend with sister and brother in law .
Ended up in Wetherspoons in Bicester yesterday for breakfast or early lunch , with my brother as well , originally my brother went to Brewers Fayre in Bicester ,and that was fully booked for breakfasts ,mind you spoons was also busy , must be a trend these days .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 25-Oct-21 06:21:21

Good morning from a dark overcast E Kent.
Glad you had a nice day yesterday, Mick. Did you see that programme about Wetherspoons last night? It was very interesting.
Cleaning today and another driver over to Philip’s house to check all is ok. The sale will take about 12 weeks which is ridiculous. The purchasers are in rented accommodation and there is no chain…
Hope everyone is in good spirits and the sad, sick or plain cheesed-off find some happiness today, Ora passing flamingo ?. Carpe diem. ????❤️??

kittylester Mon 25-Oct-21 06:32:59

Good morning all from a very dark North Leicestershire.

Not much going on here today. We might go and buy DH some new jeans. And we are expecting an electrician to come and quote for work we need doing as part of the bedroom refurbishment.

Sar53 Mon 25-Oct-21 06:36:49

Good morning from Kent where it is still dark.
I shall be leaving here to drive home about 9'sh hoping the M25 is not too busy.
Two of my granddaughters in Leamington now have Covid, such a shame as its half term there.
Have a pleasant Monday everyone xxx

glammagran Mon 25-Oct-21 07:02:58

I haven’t been on for a few days. I was very sad to hear about *Harrigran’s dear husband and the circumstances. My sincere condolences to you.

My DS, his wife and one of the GC (West Berkshire) have tested positive for Covid but none is particularly symptomatic. He said the bad cold he had last month was a lot worse. Shame as it’s half term and means missing a gymnastic competition for one and swimming competition for the other. Our cases hear in North Wiltshire are more than double those of last January which is very alarming. Due a booster in November but can’t book one yet; husband’s is on Wednesday this week.

Younger DD and her partner got engaged last week which is great news.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Beechnut Mon 25-Oct-21 07:09:21

Good Morning everyone. It’s dark and wet on Severnside.
Two months to Christmas. Is it alright to start talking about sprouts!

Thank you for your kind comments yesterday on my tissue box. aggie I stuck the leaves on with book binding glue and put a weight on the top until dry.

grandMattie when I questioned about my Land Registry at the solicitors I was told there was a back log from last year. This was back in the summer but it’s not a house sale/purchase.

Not sure what to do today apart from posting a card and buying some printer ink.

Take care all ??

Marydoll Mon 25-Oct-21 07:24:21

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, its only 8°C. Good to hear you had a good visit with your family Mick.

Sar, that's a shame about your grandchildren. Fingers crossed it's a mild dose. My son sent me a picture of Dollie and his friend in England's children at the beach yesterday, brrrrr, after we went up to visit and they were not at home. I couldn't figure out why. I now realise its half term and they are up from England, visiting.

I spent most of yesterday, doing little, apart being on the phone a lot. (Oh how I can talk!!》I have gone from being a recluse to being swamped with church admin. Mr Doll is golfing, (I'm unable to benefit from the empty ), but I have to go out out and have a masked, socially distanced meeting with someone in an empty church, to check her ID for a PVG. I have suddenly become very busy. She was a sheilder too and we will both have lateral flow tests, before meeting. It's all about managing risks and trying to find a little normality in my life. Otherwise, I will go mad!! I'm quite looking forward to it, as I am a social person and miss meeting people!
After that, it will be back to take it easy, I hope, as I will be exhausted!

GM, I'm sorry to hear the house selling process is taking so long, when I'm sure you want it completed quickly. Houses here are selling within days and tens of thousands over the asking price!

Thinking of our friend Harri and those who have mountains to climb. Granny Somerset, I hope your husband ( and you) is benefitting from having the new bed.
Wishing you all a pleasant day, whatever your plans.

Blossoming Mon 25-Oct-21 07:33:07

Good morning Mick and all from Lancashire. It’s still dark here so no idea what the weather is like. No plans for today other than housework. Happy Monday to all, may your troubles ease ??

Urmstongran Mon 25-Oct-21 07:40:16

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry and the first day of half term week. I have no plans other than a walk with my book club buddy at noon. We meet in the squares and get takeaway coffees - a nice treat whilst we stroll.

Beechnut not only is is alright to talk about sprouts (my favourite veg) it’ll soon be time to put them on the hob on a low light ...

Enjoy Monday all who can. x

Grandmadinosaur Mon 25-Oct-21 07:40:44

Good morning from dry East Yorkshire. I’m another one not been on for a few days. It was down to a mixture of internet issues and feeling a bit down in the dumps.
Had a quiet weekend not doing an awful lot.
Yes it is half term here this week. Tomorrow we are taking dgs away overnight so I will sort my things out for that today. I also need to find all the paperwork for the hotel and tickets for a steam train ride we are going on. DH gave them to me for safe keeping after he’d printed them out ... now where was that safe place?
Thinking very much of harrigran .
Take care everyone.

ginny Mon 25-Oct-21 07:47:36

Good morning. Dull but dry here in N. Bucks.
Family were all away over the weekend and we had no plans so it was very restful and I enjoyed some crafting.
We are off to Eastbourne later this morning for a short break.
Healing thoughts to all who need them and hope everyone can find a smile.

Grammaretto Mon 25-Oct-21 07:48:21

Good morning from the Scottish Borders.
I woke up with a cough. I should maybe take a covid test though having been 3 x vaxxed I don't know what difference it will make. I suppose I can keep isolated. Sorry about your dgc Sar
Happy for your family Glammagran ?
A nuisance that conveyancing seems to take forever grandMattie and hope it will be finished soon.
I watched a fascinating programme about land ownership in Scotland last night. It was probably only screened in Scotland but a real eye opener. It's a series.
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00111y7

Best of wishes to all those suffering today.

cornergran Mon 25-Oct-21 07:48:23

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks a cloudy and windy start to our corner of Somerset. 10 degrees.

A top up grocery shop and some general tidying today in preparation for a visit from our Littlest and his minders tomorrow. I’m trying not to be too excited, all depends on lateral flows in the morning.

I’m sorry to say 12 weeks sounds about right grandMattie, conveyancing is at tortoise speed it seems. Get well wishes to all testing positive for covid, our family were lucky I think, it stayed with just the one granddaughter who was never truly unwell. Risk management sounds sensible on so many levels marydoll, don’t exhaust yourself though.

Take care everyone. Thinking of all with sorrow and worries to manage. Hope Monday is kind to us all.

Ashcombe Mon 25-Oct-21 07:48:46

Good morning from Torbay. It isn’t raining (yet) and the day looks promising.

Yesterday turned out sunny later in the day so, following a delicious roast lunch, we enjoyed a walk over the Downs and back through Tessier Gardens where the tame squirrels entertained us. My friend drives back to Stafford later today. Tonight we have the AGM at Toads Theatre Company.

Good luck to all with plans today and kind thoughts to those in need. ?????

BlueSapphire Mon 25-Oct-21 07:53:22

Good morning everyone from a grey dampish day in Northampton. Feeling pleased that the summerhouse is now painted and hopefully protected from the weather.

Felt like a long day yesterday and am glad to be going out to yoga this morning for some company. I watched three episodes of 'The Crown' back to back, had forgotten about that series. Have just got up to Charles' and Di's wedding.

Wishing all a pleasant day.

Pittcity Mon 25-Oct-21 08:03:11

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Condensation on the outside of the windows indicates a damp night. It doesn't feel too chilly.
DH has just left for the day. I will get the housework done and then go out for bits and pieces. This afternoon will be painting more skirting boards and making a dish pie for tea.

Love to all x

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 25-Oct-21 08:03:11

Good morning all from dry Harrogate
Yesterday did go to church and did some baking when I got home then a nothingness day
Today I will be chasing up my COVID booster. It seems to be a bit of a chaotic service here!
I also will have to do a small supermarket shop, my DD2 has asked me to do some baking for DGS birthday next Sunday, so shall have to get cracking. It’s to have a Jack and the Beanstalk theme!!! DGS is daft on that fairytale and tells people his name is Jack! (It’s Elijah) he’s a little character!!
Have a good day all

Grandmajean Mon 25-Oct-21 08:06:55

Happy half term to all grandchildren . Hope the families going away for a break have a lovely time.
Congratulations to your DD Glammagran
No plans really but AC and families all are off work and school this week so no doubt they will have some outings planned.
Have a good day Gransnetters

Gingster Mon 25-Oct-21 08:09:49

Good morning all from a sunny Suffolk coast. I hope it stays that way as DS1 and family are arriving for a few days and they generally have bad whether when they visit.?. The girls have tested negative and are now on half term, so all should be well ?.
Littlest Gd had her first ballet ‘show’ yesterday and Dd sent me a short video. So sweet.! They were all perfectly in time and well practiced. Such concentration on all their little faces. Adorable. ?.

Not sure what our plans are for the next few days. We will walk the dogs along the beach and probably visit local places where the girls love to go. I know Ds and DIL will just be happy to ‘chillax’ . We’ll have fish and chips this evening and go out for lunch tomorrow, so not much catering to do.?.

Wishing you all a peaceful day.????

Anniebach Mon 25-Oct-21 08:11:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

baubles Mon 25-Oct-21 08:15:55

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s looking grey and damp again.

No idea what today holds. I did a fair amount of cleaning yesterday so won’t be doing that today, dog walking as always and perhaps a bit of browsing through recipes to see if inspiration strikes for meals this week.

Still thinking of harri.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-Oct-21 08:17:58

Morning Mick and all

I can sympathise regarding house buying/selling, DD’s new home is six weeks into the process (cash purchase no chain) not looking like she will be moving this side of Christmas. They are with us until then, good most of the times but a 6yr old and a 21 month …

Susan56 Mon 25-Oct-21 08:18:18

Good morning from Shropshire.

Our new washing machine is being delivered today.After Marydoll’s experience DH will be way watching the installers like a hawk!After that I will start on the laundry mountain?

Have the best day you can and thoughts to all with sadness and worries??

GrannyGravy13 Mon 25-Oct-21 08:19:57

Oops posted too soon.

Sar53 your poor GDs I hope they are not too poorly, safe drive home.

Well I am going back to the gym today, slowly as still on steroids, then home to prepare Cottage Pie for dinner and iron bedding.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Oct-21 08:21:39

Good morning from dull Leicestershire.

Managed to cut the front lawn yesterday - cutting grass in late October is mad and it could be 18 degrees this week so it will keep growing!

Still looking after the invalid DH - this cold has knocked him for six.

Thinking of all with troubles and of course Harrigran.