Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 2nd December 2021

(49 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 03-Dec-21 05:55:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , the ground looks wet but its also cold outside here in brackley .
Today , after getting all my xmas gifts , I will be doing a small local shop ,and then stay in today.
I will venture tomorrow .
Take Care,
Mick

Whiff Fri 03-Dec-21 06:13:27

It's the 3rd today. The days fly by easy to get the date wrong.

Pantglas2 Fri 03-Dec-21 06:17:31

Good morning all from a dry and dark north Wales where I’m sorting a shopping list along with the chamberpot ☕️ ... Asda beckons and I’ve my dad’s Xmas hamper to fill with posh edibles (and my own not so posh offerings...?)

Loved the knitted blanket Sar wish I had the patience to knit something as stunning!

Popping over to a friend’s around the corner for cava and tapas this evening, leaving Mr PG to his own devices and a curry - he won’t mind a bit as he won’t have to share the poppadums!

Have a good day everyone x

grandMattie Fri 03-Dec-21 06:27:03

Good morning from a still dark and cold E Kent.
We had a really lovely evening with DGS and Philip’s exgirlfriend. A really nice girl. It went a long way to mitigate our horrible week. It was fun and nice company. The girl had never eaten roast duck, although she’d had Chinese whatever with duck! By my jaw dropped when she said that she’d never eaten a mince pie! Call herself English? ?
Today, I’m going to the Body shop to get Iris some bath smellies. She hasn’t been able to have a bath for over a year now and has told her mum as soon as she able, she was going to have TWO a day! She needs loads of stuff for it…
An eye test for me again, I find them deeply tiring because of my squint, and the other corrections. Bless him, DH will drive me.
I hope we are going to have a few more better days to come.
Must go and make DGS’ lunch before he goes to college. I’ll tuck in a couple of mince pies from the 4 doz I made yesterday. I wonder if the boy will follow his dad and have 4-6 for his breakfast? ?
Have the best day, one and all. Please remember how much you all mean to me ❤️.
Carpe diem ???????

Scentia Fri 03-Dec-21 06:29:57

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it feels milder than yesterday!
Off to work shortly for a few hours then onto the dreaded dentist where I am having the only my third filling ever in my lifetime, the other two are white so I look filling-less but I am not shelling out that much this time and will have what my DH thinks is my very first filling? he always used to say you have great teeth I wish I didn’t have fillings??? that will change now!!
I am off on a wreath making course tomorrow so I will post my offering on Sunday morning.
Take care everyone and stay safe ❤️

Beechnut Fri 03-Dec-21 06:31:15

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it’s wet and dark.

I’m taking my car for a service this morning. When I return I’ll have my breakfast. I managed to get some cord for my blind locally yesterday and I had to walk by their Christmas display so-treated myself to a box of lights. I’ll put up the blind later. I’ll do some tidying up as Beechnutella is coming on the weekend with some stuff she wants me to store for her for awhile.

Enjoy your day all ???

brook2704 Fri 03-Dec-21 06:44:48

Good morning everyone from Cambridge where it’s dark and the weather app says 2 degrees.
Sounds like you had a lovely evening grandMattie with good company, so pleased for you
We arrived here at DD1 house late afternoon yesterday after a really good journey with no problems. We were greeted by two DGS bouncing around excited to see us and full of things to tell us. DD1 made us a lovely meal last night and it’s lovely to be here for a few days again
Today DGSs are at school and the others working so DH and I are having a day to ourselves, will probably go into Cambridge for a look around.
Good luck with the dentist Scentia a good record there!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

cornergran Fri 03-Dec-21 06:57:03

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, cold corner of Somerset.

Yesterday didn’t go at all to plan so the knee remains untested on NT hills. The less said about the day the better. Today we stay home other than returning two sets of supposedly timed Christmas lights with faulty timers. May not replace them, seems they are unreliable. Mr C must phone audiology - again. A call expected for me as a step towards sorting some worries. Christmas card writing and parcel packing will take most of my day. There are several small jobs for Mr C along with a fervent hope he finally finishes the current jigsaw and releases the table.

Take care everyone. Hope you all find so,rehung to smile about and Friday is kind to us all.

baubles Fri 03-Dec-21 06:57:05

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. I have no idea what the weather is doing but last night we had a few flurries of snow so I’m dreading looking out of the window.

So pleased you had such a lovely evening Mattie.
Wow Scentia, that’s amazing. I had lots of fillings as a young teenager, my dentist was one of the drill and fill brigade and as my mother had a phobia of dentistry she never came with me to find out what was happening.

Off to the charity shop today and DH is going to help DSiL paint a bedroom, they had a decorator booked to start today but unfortunately he now has covid so it’s all hands to the pump.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. ??

Jaxjacky Fri 03-Dec-21 07:13:51

Good morning all from a dark, damp S Hants. A glorious 8 hours unbroken sleep.
The boiler got fixed yesterday, hurray!
What we take for granted gM, Iris so deserves her baths and smellies, I’m pleased your evening was enjoyable.
Enviable dental record Scentia, the total opposite of mine.
Tesco delivering later and a drive to do.
Enjoy your Friday all ??.

Ashcombe Fri 03-Dec-21 07:19:37

Good morning, everyone, from a damp Torbay. My mornings seem to start later without DH here to make the tea!

I"m glad you had such a convivial evening with your visitors, grandMattie and what a lovely comment about what we all mean to you, which is reciprocated.

This morning, I must press on with writing cards then back to the theatre this afternoon for our monthly Memory Café. Today we have some Christmas Carol singers visiting which our clients will enjoy.

Wishing you all a happy day, wherever you are, especially those with health worries. ?????

mumofmadboys Fri 03-Dec-21 07:34:04

Last morning of our Derbyshire walking holiday today. Off home to Cumbria with lunch with friends on the way. Has been a lovely break. Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 03-Dec-21 07:37:09

Good morning all from a dark,damp East Yorkshire.

Yesterday we had snow after breakfast so I decided to stay home. I had a very productive day. I made soup,sausage rolls and cooked savoury mince for our evening meal. Also sorted out my sock and tight drawer and made a couple of phone calls. I got my cards out to write but time ran away with me.
I had updated my profile picture on FB to a Christmas photo taken at a garden centre last year. I got a few comments that amused me people actually thought it was my house and were very impressed with my skills …. If only ?
I’ve attached it here.
I will see if DIL wants to meet for coffee this morning. DH is planning to finish work early about 1.30. We will see if it actually happens! We will do a food shop if he does and maybe go for coffee somewhere.
Enjoy time with your family Brook
* Scentia* I am impressed with your lack of fillings.
Take care all.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 03-Dec-21 07:37:56

Please ignore the first 2 pictures I don’t know how they got in there.

Gingster Fri 03-Dec-21 07:41:21

Good morning all and it’s chilly again here in Essex.

Today we will be going out for lunch to a very nice hotel , along the seafront, near to you Sar. It’s part of our Golden Wedding gift from our DS and his wife. We’ve had a few afternoon teas there but not had a meal. Our DIL is going there tomorrow with friends for a spa day. We spent our wedding night there when it was a bit run down and tired. It’s beautiful now.

Three of the GC’s start their Mock exams today. Good luck to them ☘️.

Hope you all have a good day. ?

Jaxjacky Fri 03-Dec-21 07:42:10

You can ask hq to delete them if you wish dinosaur.

BlueSapphire Fri 03-Dec-21 07:45:17

Good morning everyone from a still dark and damp Northampton. A bit milder today.I think.

Had a good ballet class yesterday and decided to walk home so I could pop into the paper shop on the way to pay my bill. Soon wished I hadn't! There was an icy wind and my coat felt decidedly thin. So it was a cold 30 minute walk, but at least I don't have to pay the next bill till January.

Must ring the council today as they have still not been to collect my bulky waste items. Put them out Weds morning for collection that day; booked and paid for six items, and half the stuff - a fridge, freezer, and garden table have disappeared from the drive, leaving two garden loungers and a vacuum cleaner. Shall mightily complain, as I could have paid half the price for three items.

A trip to the shops this morning to return a dress to M&S, have a coffee and a browse around the shops. Shall pop in to DS's later, as I have a birthday present and card for his partner. Be nice to see them, and the DGDs.

A chicken curry to get in the slow cooker after lunch and will spend the afternoon in the warm reading.

Have a good Friday everyone.

AGAA4 Fri 03-Dec-21 07:45:34

Good morning from North Wales. Still dark and chilly here.
My DGDs nose is better after she was hit by a hard object that someone threw into the crowd on Saturday.
I sent chocolate therapy which helped a lot.
Off to town as soon as it's light and a long phone call with a friend later.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

Grandmajean Fri 03-Dec-21 07:59:03

Good morning all.
Lovely post GrandMattie so glad you had a happy visit.
I , too , thought that was your house "Grandmadinosaur*
Two youngest GD coming after school as is usual on Fridays. Chicken curry to make.
Thank Crunchy doesn't mean much when You are retired grin

Grammaretto Fri 03-Dec-21 08:08:22

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. The snow has melted and it looks a pleasant day.
My long walk yesterday with U3A was really lovely although we all had to cross a stream without falling in.
I am envious Jax but pleased you have a working boiler now.
I still haven't had my cooker fitted.
Thanks for telling us the correct date Whiff
Friday is yoga this morning and fish tonight.
Have a good day everyone without pain or sadness.

BlueBalou Fri 03-Dec-21 08:12:44

Good morning from soggy Wiltshire, it’s looking like a gray start to the day.
Yesterday we took 20 bags of books to the library, they were very grateful to have them. Then came home via Lidl’s where I bought a few bits.
Spent the afternoon doing not much at all, my get up and go can’t get going!
Today it’s walk dog, who doesn’t appear to be in any rush, clean and tidy the house and start making some cards - I have 15 birthdays between mid November and Christmas, no wonder I dislike this time of year.
Circumstances are such that we’re not ‘having’ Christmas this year and quite frankly it’s a big relief!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Pittcity Fri 03-Dec-21 08:13:54

Good morning from a cold, damp Colchester.
DH has a dentist appointment for a toothache he's had for a couple of days. It must be bad because he usually grins and bears it. We are lucky that our dentist is nearby and has been seeing patients as usual over the last couple of years.
I have a mountain of ironing and need to pop to Aldi for a weekend shop.
Just seen the forecast is for milder but wetter weather. I much prefer cold and sunny sad
Love to all ? x

Greyduster Fri 03-Dec-21 08:22:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey, dreary South Yorkshire where the lady of the house has the mother and father of a cold, kindly donated by DH who thinks tissues are just for decoration and not for sneezing into! Time to break out the chicken broth I think! I have to nip out this morning to take some paperwork to our surgery, and a quick trip to pick up a couple of GS’s Christmas presents from a nearby shopping mall. Then it’s a socially distanced day in for us both?. Whatever you’re doing, have a good day!

Grandmabatty Fri 03-Dec-21 08:25:05

Good morning all. Polmont is sitting at 5° today. It's another clear start.
Yesterday I visited dd and the boys and had a whale of a time. Before we knew it, three and a half hours had gone by. In the afternoon I put up my Christmas tree and decorations. It's early for me, but I just fancied doing it. Not such good news later on though. My sils sister was rushed into hospital with a suspected stroke. She's in her early thirties! Then dd messaged to say dgs1 was being violently sick. She then developed it. He seems better this morning but dd is feeling horrible. Her dh has taken the day off to help her. I'm keeping away! It seems weird that they have it and I didn't get it but I'm not complaining. I have a faulty immune system so I do not want any vomiting bug.
Today I will finally write my Christmas cards and do an updated list of who I still need to buy for.
Lovely photo Grammaretto. I hope Iris enjoys her baths, Grandmattie.
Have a good day all.

multicolourswapshop Fri 03-Dec-21 08:35:33

Good morning everyone I’m sure you’ll have noticed it’s really Friday 3rd not Friday 2nd unless you’re in a country lagging behind wink
It’s blooming cold here today on the east coast of Fife. Yesterday was nippy too but the sun was helping me to feel good smile I do so love the sunshine it gets me out of bed. I amended my shopping trolly again for Dec the 21st delivery I was watching a cooking programme yesterday which was making a curry so I decided I would like to make one too I needed the ingredients to this do so into Sainsbury’s I went hopefully for the last time. This household must start using up the food which is already in the fridge.

I’m going to make asparagus spears with a lovely soft poached egg for lunch today. I must starve myself at breakfast otherwise I’ll be late with lunch. My appetite isn’t what it used to be.I’ll have a knock on effect for my tea if I’m not careful confused

Have a safe and cosy day all you lovely folks.flowers