Gransnet forums

Chat

Smoking weed

(220 Posts)
annsixty Fri 03-Dec-21 17:46:36

This is a very bold question posed after reading an answer on another thread.

Do/have you ever smoked cannabis and did you like it?

I was watching a tv programme recently where people got very silly smoking it and I shocked my GD by remarking I would quite like a puff to see what it was like.

Anniebach Fri 03-Dec-21 17:51:49

Yes in the 70’s, was curious, didn’t like the smell

Kate1949 Fri 03-Dec-21 17:54:57

No. I have a photo of myself with a spliff in my mouth. It was for a joke. It was someone else's. I didn't light it.

MissAdventure Fri 03-Dec-21 17:56:00

Yes.
It was bloody great! smile

Flossiebo Fri 03-Dec-21 18:06:51

Yes. Many a weekend was spent in bed making up silly songs, eating cheese and ham sandwiches (all ultra processed) and puffing on a spliff?

Happy days!

Apparently cannabis is different theses days- more rubbish in it??? - so doesn't make you feel very, very happy as it used to?

FarNorth Fri 03-Dec-21 18:09:11

Yes, but it didn't do much for me.
I'd heard that about it being much nastier nowadays.

MissAdventure Fri 03-Dec-21 18:11:07

A little goes a long way these days.

Shropshirelass Fri 03-Dec-21 18:11:11

No, I haven’t but I had friends who did but I never tried it. I found some in the rucksack of my DS once, it went in the fire, he said it wasn’t his but his friends. He didn’t bring any more into the house but I expect he smoked it. He has grown up and out of the habit thank goodness.

Smileless2012 Fri 03-Dec-21 18:12:09

Yes, and like MissA has said "it was bloody great!".

TerriBull Fri 03-Dec-21 18:16:55

I did on a couple of occasions, but I don't think I got much out of it, similar to when I sat around with a cigarette, I never inhaled, just pretentiously posing as we often do in our teens. I was happy to admit later on I never really wanted to partake of either, just very minor dabbling in my case, not enough for it to become a habit. I think weed wasn't too bad in our time. However, my kids and their friends went through their phase, being boys they positively reeked of it at one time. A side effect was the munchies, I remember waking up around 2 in the morning to the smell of bacon, son and a couple of mates having a fry up shock as if that wasn't bad enough went down the following morning to find they'd written over everything in the fruit bowl in biro "Mr Yellow" on the bananas, "Mr Red" on apples etc. Inane shock Honestly glad those days are behind me. Unfortunately what they have now is not good at all, "skunk" can induce psychotic behaviour, I believe it's down to how it's cultivated under very strong lights, often found in a suburban lofts during a raid.

MissAdventure Fri 03-Dec-21 18:19:01

There are all different strains.
It's not necessary to buy the "blow your head off" variety.

Chestnut Fri 03-Dec-21 18:21:09

About 8 years ago I said to an old friend I'd never tried it in my youth, so he obtained some quality cannabis resin. We sat down with a glass of wine, and smoked it. I felt absolutely nothing, no reaction at all! He was very disappointed as he had gone to some trouble and thought I would enjoy the experience.

Shelflife Fri 03-Dec-21 18:21:19

NO , NO NO. Never have never will !!!

Blossoming Fri 03-Dec-21 18:21:53

I have, as a teenager. It was crap. I don’t smoke cigarettes of any kind usually, but we all tried stuff back then.

lovingit Fri 03-Dec-21 18:23:39

Yes and yes

GagaJo Fri 03-Dec-21 18:23:52

Tried smoking and eating it. Makes me sick.

My bloke likes a spliff. I love the smell of weed, so lovely and green smelling. Resin however, I can't bear the smell of.

Since chemo, I've no desire to eat, drink or smoke anything that simulates that swimming head feeling. Urgh.

Grandmabatty Fri 03-Dec-21 18:25:02

I did in the 70s when I was at uni. It did absolutely nothing for me. Very disappointing. ?

BlueBelle Fri 03-Dec-21 18:31:27

Chestnut exactly the same happened with me I was in my 50 s and said to my then partner I d like to just see what the fuss is about before I die, a couple of nights later he gave me a smoke I remember saying to him “when does it start to feel nice” It didn’t ….I felt absolutely nothing, he was quite annoyed he’d wasted a spliff on me
Nothing at all

tickingbird Fri 03-Dec-21 18:38:00

Oh yes!

Artaylar Fri 03-Dec-21 18:38:19

I enjoyed smoking light grass, preferred my own company while on it and listening to music, watching movies and reading.....time always seem to slow down to a standstill.

Last time was around 15 years ago. I don't bother nowadays as the stuff I like no longer seems to be around, and I'm not interested in the heavy duty stuff.

Luckygirl3 Fri 03-Dec-21 18:41:28

No never - having a number of health problems I worked out very young that my body was very good at going wrong all by itself without any help from me and potentially harmful substances!

A close relative took some and finished up being sectioned to a mental health unit, where he was psychotic, and remained so for some months.

A dear young relative is addicted to skunk and committed a dreadful crime under its influence. He is in prison.

Lucca Fri 03-Dec-21 18:46:09

Yes. Had some terrific evenings with spectacular giggling. No hangover.

Once though I mixed it with drinking alcohol…..oh dear me no.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Dec-21 18:48:14

Nope. I was too much of a wimp - too scared of what the effect might be. Such a scaredy-cat!

Blondiescot Fri 03-Dec-21 18:49:09

No, never. Never had any inclination to try any kind of drugs whatsoever - I'm almost phobic about smoking to the point where I couldn't even hold a cigarette. I've been at friends' houses where everyone else was smoking it - or trying other substances, but it just never appealed to me at all. Never even tried it when OH and I went to Amsterdam!

Jaxjacky Fri 03-Dec-21 18:50:42

Yes and yes in the day. Tried some about 15 years ago, whoa, never again, it was skunk.