Gransnet forums

Chat

One time pass codes

(10 Posts)
Auntieflo Sun 05-Dec-21 11:25:04

Since John Lewis has introduced this to be able to log in to their site, I just cannot do it.
They have my correct mobile phone number, the Airplane mode is switched off, but the codes just do not arrive.

Does anyone, guru type ? have any help to offer please?
Many thanks in advance.

Sago Sun 05-Dec-21 11:45:52

Have you blocked 08 numbers?

SueDonim Sun 05-Dec-21 11:54:06

I shall be watching this with interest! I’ve had those codes, they flash up momentarily on my phone then disappear into the ether before I can use them. confused

My Dh gets asked constantly for them on his Amazon account. He has an Android phone and the two seem incompatible. ?‍♀️

PamelaJ1 Sun 05-Dec-21 12:11:54

I go over to my emails wait and wait and wait. Back to request another one then, like buses 3 come at once.

Mollygo Sun 05-Dec-21 12:17:43

I agree about the instant flash up, but I find they appear on the bar just below the message, once I start to type.

Bossyrossy Sun 05-Dec-21 12:33:18

I hate them. I know that with internet crime on the up, they are probably essential but my mobile phone is often in a handbag somewhere else in the house or in a coat pocket, so I have to hunt for it and then I find that the battery is flat. So frustrating!

SpringyChicken Sun 05-Dec-21 12:43:19

Do you receive text messages from other people?

Auntieflo Sun 05-Dec-21 13:14:54

Many thanks for the interest.
I have in the past received texts from other sites, and they have worked. It just seems to be John Lewis that doesn't work for me.
The thing is, if you want to email them, you have to be logged in ?
It is so annoying that these texts flash up and disappear so quickly.
I did send them an old fashioned letter, pleading my case, and did get a reply. Of course, while the help was on the line, it worked. I know I get a statement, but just want to be able to check, sometimes, if a refund has been applied.

VioletSky Sun 05-Dec-21 13:18:28

I've spent far too much time waving my phone around windows or walking up and down the garden.

Some of them have a time limit too.

So frustrating

sodapop Sun 05-Dec-21 13:21:27

I've had problems with these codes as well, so frustrating.