Gransnet forums

Chat

Should Boris do the decent thing and resign?

(242 Posts)
Bea65 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:00:50

Personally i feel he should go as cannot stand to keep hearing all the stories and footage that emerged overnight!

Grandmagrim Wed 08-Dec-21 12:05:34

Absolutely

nahsma Wed 08-Dec-21 12:07:48

Of course the lying, philandering, nasty-piece-of-work should resign. But don't hold your breath. He wouldn't recognise how to do the decent thing if it came up and pinged his face mask! Oops, silly me, the mask rules don't apply to the blonde bombshell, do they? Or any other rules to be honest.

Bea65 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:08:02

Just hearing him speak now in the Commons...he still seems to think an apology and he is Furious ..I'm actually swearing at the TV!! Can't believe a word he utters!!

Visgir1 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:31:42

I reckon Boris will be there for a while!

Blossoming Wed 08-Dec-21 12:33:25

He doesn’t know the meaning of ‘decent’.

Kali2 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:39:35

YES

Zoejory Wed 08-Dec-21 12:43:53

I don't think he'll be going just yet.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:54:17

My prediction is that Mr.Johnson will remain until Conservative MPs start sending in their letters of no confidence to the 1922 Committee.

Visgir1 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:55:49

GrannyGravy13

My prediction is that Mr.Johnson will remain until Conservative MPs start sending in their letters of no confidence to the 1922 Committee.

Agree they are the only ones who can "pull the plug".

Ro60 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:57:24

Yes, but who would you replace him with? He made sure to get rid of the decent ones when he came in to power. He's got his back covered for.now.
Suggestions please?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:59:08

Ro60

Yes, but who would you replace him with? He made sure to get rid of the decent ones when he came in to power. He's got his back covered for.now.
Suggestions please?

Therein lies the problem…

Sparklefizz Wed 08-Dec-21 13:00:37

There are pros and cons, but during a crisis in the country and with Omicron now in the picture, I don't know that a change in leadership would be a good idea right now. Who would you replace him with? Rory Stewart would have been my choice back in the day.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know ......

Alegrias1 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:01:35

Ro60

Suggestions please?

Its not a suggestion but its a prediction.

Gove.

Anybody seen him lately?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:03:40

Blimey Alegrias1 not sure I could vote for Mr.Gove!

There seems to be a fair few MPs distancing themselves from the PM.

Visgir1 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:04:29

Ro60

Suggestions please?

The Tories have no problem with stabbing each other in the back.
Quite a few will throw thier "Hat into the ring" .Not necessarily any of those in his current Cabinet.

grandtanteJE65 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:04:42

He might go if pushed hard enough, but the liklihood of him recognising "the decent thing" in any context is remote, to put it mildly!

Why he hasn't been forced out ages ago is quite beyond me to fathom.

Kali2 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:04:51

Zoejory

I don't think he'll be going just yet.

You may well be right- but it will be a disaster for the country on both Covid and Brexit (and everything else)- as no-one trusts him anymore, be it here in the UK, in the EU, or anywhere else - leaving all of us facing the dreadful mess he has made, and is still making!

Alegrias1 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:07:24

Well that's another reason to get him in the job GG13!

Hopefully other right minded Conservative voters like yourself would think the same.

Sparklefizz Wed 08-Dec-21 13:08:06

Rishi anyone?

Nannashirlz Wed 08-Dec-21 13:08:16

Personal I don’t trust none of the politicians there are all in it for themselves. One rule for them and one rule for us. So why would he quit.

25Avalon Wed 08-Dec-21 13:10:50

Better the devil you know? Tory MP’s are starting to defect to Reclaim and Reform.

Alegrias1 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:11:13

I trust many politicians. Using the "they're all the same" excuse is the reason that we're in this mess. It's completely wrong, Catch yourself on.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 08-Dec-21 13:14:24

The more times I see that footage of the MP giggling yes he should but I think he will cling on to power.

Lexisgranny Wed 08-Dec-21 13:18:11

It will be interesting to see how this debacle will affect the North Shropshire by election next week. I believe I am right in saying that this seat has never been anything other than Conservative.

At the moment, I find the whole political scene in this country very depressing. There is no party I would want to vote for, and certainly no leader of any party that I would wish to led the country.