Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 9th December 2021

(125 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 09-Dec-21 05:56:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in brackley .
This morning will be busier than planned , I have my chiropodist at 9 ,and at 915 I get a delivery of a new mattress.
And a few hours after do the bus trip to Bicester for the usual .
Take Care,
Mick

multicolourswapshop Thu 09-Dec-21 06:06:36

Good morning from a dark day here on the east coast of Fife. It sure is getting colder by the day. No idea why me and himself are wide awake far too early. We’ll probably have an afternoon nap today. I had a good day yesterday where I made a lovely bacon and egg lunch, not bad for a one armed bandit [laugh] I’m still following I’m a celebrity and pleased to see Naughty boy has been ousted. He grated on my nerves. I’m rooting for Danny he’s got a lovely face and a nice personality.

Be kind today and hugs to those in need

Pantglas2 Thu 09-Dec-21 06:09:32

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a quiet and dark north Wales. Not sure where my lie-ins have disappeared to...I’d rather like them back?

Loved Iris candy cane look yesterday - she’s coming on a treat isn’t she? Hope there’s no more injuries coming your way GM and all with troubles have a better day ?

I’m off to Waitrose for some treats later and that’s the day’s excitement for me ...apart from catching up with this thread later?

I hope newbies and regulars return to our happy thread x

notgran Thu 09-Dec-21 06:10:43

Good morning Mick and other Earlybirds. I'm off for my swim shortly. Only thing of note, Husband was "Pinged" yesterday so he is off for a Covid test. I decided to go swimming as I'm as certain as I can be he hasn't got "it" but I wear a mask where practicable at the Leisure Centre and am socially distanced at all times. Going later to collect my DIY Christmas Wreath. I'm not very "crafty" but did my own door wreath last year this way and it wasn't bad so we'll see how it all goes.

farview Thu 09-Dec-21 06:30:48

Morning Mick and all...as I type my daughter and two little grandsons are in the air on their way from Dubai...for Christmas. .I'm beyond excited..??
Take care and keep smiling ?

Flossiebo Thu 09-Dec-21 06:32:42

Good Morning from a damp but much warmer Teesside.
I still have a leaky roofline to attend to and am just about to write a list a jobs to be done. If I don't write it down, it rarely gets done these days!
Hope everyone stays healthy and happy today ?

Gagagran Thu 09-Dec-21 06:32:51

Morning all from a dark and chilly (4degrees) south coast.

I still haven't written any cards and am wondering if I dare not bother at all. I really feel obliged to send one or two to far flung close relatives so MUST get those done. Why is it such a chore to write cards?

I need to finish this week's click and collect order for Saturday and this afternoon it's my WI monthly meeting and I have some carol singing to lead and some humorous poems to read but that's it today.

Have the best day you can everyone sunshine

Beechnut Thu 09-Dec-21 06:33:14

Good Morning everyone from a dark and dry Severnside. I can see a few stars.

I didn’t get to do my admin yesterday so will do it today along with some crafting. I want to make a tree decoration for my nephew. It’s his first Christmas in his new house.

Take care all and enjoy your activities whether they are towards Christmas or not ??

grandMattie Thu 09-Dec-21 06:43:21

Good morning from a dark E Kent.
No more injuries - some good news. My letter to GP has borne fruit. I received a text yesterday to say I was on the “minor operations list” for a steroid injection! Probably next year.
Off to the dentist again to try and settle niggly tooth. Probably miss my Spanish class. A shame.
I hope our missing posters are well, as are the ones posting, that everyone has a gentle day, free from everything bad. Carpe diem ??????

Scentia Thu 09-Dec-21 06:50:48

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is fairly mild for the time of year.
Off on Nanna duties today, although it is turning into DIY. SOS duties this week. DD is getting in a tizz with her decorating and the house is a tip so I will set to when I get there and clean up a bit. I usually say no to any cleaning, as she has been know to take advantage in these situations, but I will do it this once?
I have the mother of all bruises coming out on my injury, as it is in my nether regions I will refrain from showing you all a picture ? but take my word as gospel, it is a ‘nasty one’
Love to you all wherever you are and whatever you are doing, take care of yourselves and of others❤️

baubles Thu 09-Dec-21 06:54:49

Good morning Mick, morning all from dark South Lanarkshire. I can see a shimmer of frost on the ground.

How lovely farview.

Off to pick up the GC later, as long as it’s dry and not too windy we can have our usual walk along the front.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, let’s hope kindness prevails.

Jaxjacky Thu 09-Dec-21 07:07:37

Good morning all from a cold S Hants, slight frost, +1.
Pleased no more injuries reported ?let’s keep it that way. farview how thrilling for you!
Good news gMattie if you don’t ask…..
I’ve a busy day, as was yesterday, drive to do, cards to do, calls to make and more.
DD and grandson had negative PCR’s yesterday, phew.
Enjoy your day the best you can all ??.

grandMattie Thu 09-Dec-21 07:10:45

Scentia - have you tried Arnica for your bruises? Normally very helpful.

Ashcombe Thu 09-Dec-21 07:11:32

Good morning, all, from a dry but chilly Torbay.

You'll find a new mattress will help you sleep better, Mick, if that’s an issue for you, besides supporting any achy bits!

What an exciting day for you, farview! Happy landings to your DD and DGS's! ?

Writing cards can become a chore, Gagagran, but they give pleasure to the recipients and reassurance that you are well. Your WI meeting sounds like fun!

Good luck with your dental appointment, grandMattie. DH also has such an appointment today, long awaited! I share your wish for our missing posters, some of whom have been absent for some while.

Take care of yourself, Scentia, and don’t overdo it! A relief to hear of negative tests, Jaxjacky!

Peace and joy to all our GM friends

Ashcombe Thu 09-Dec-21 07:12:39

The flamingoes got away…..! ?????

GrannyGravy13 Thu 09-Dec-21 07:14:46

Morning all

It’s still dark here in my little corner of S E Essex, think it’s going to be a cold one.

I am off for a Christmas lunch and secret Santa with my gym buddies later, hopefully gift wrapping this morning.

How exciting for you farview

Keep safe and well folks ???

Grammaretto Thu 09-Dec-21 07:26:25

Good Morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders where the wind has dropped and it feels quite mild. 2 degrees C.

I have been having another clear-out and someone is collecting the chest freezer today. They want it in their garage for Bee Keeping purposes. I wonder what purposes?
My spare room is being used as an office/classroom for a teacher who needs WiFi .

I have a meeting with an artist who is planning a community mural of some kind and wants to use my kiln.

Retirement is certainly no picnic!
Exciting day for you Farview

Hoping for a trouble-free day for us all.

Marydoll Thu 09-Dec-21 07:29:54

Good morning all from a cold and wet Glasgow.

Farview, what wonderful news! Hoping Scentia isn't in too much pain. ?

My exciting plans for today: still looking for the missing gin, (my home is tidy, I promise, the cupboards are the problem wink) and another medical appointnent.
They are like buses, there isn't one for ages and then they all come along at once!

I have a puzzle for you to solve. My dear son in law sent me a gift yesterday. I had no idea what it was. One clue, it expands. It looks a bit like a bath for Barbie.

Thank you to all the lovely, kind people on here. ?

Wishing you all a peaceful day.

kittylester Thu 09-Dec-21 07:36:31

Good morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire.

Mount Everest to conquer today!!

Had a video chat with DD2 and the girls yesterday, one of whom tested +ive on Monday - she was as lively as ever. grin

Gingster Thu 09-Dec-21 07:41:48

Good morning all and the sky is just lightening, here in Essex.

Today I have my bowls club and then art group this afternoon. It will be the last until new year, so we will have nibbles and fizz (non alcoholic) . Not much art will be done. My artwork seems to be getting worse. Oh well I do enjoy it. Chat and dabble is very therapeutic.

This evening I will pick up littlest Gd who will stay with us while her mum is in hospital for a few days. She is so excited, as will be little pooch. They are the best of friends and won’t leave each other alone. It will be hard to separate them at bedtime. ??.

I hope you all enjoy your festive lunches and outings. ?.?
Healing wishes to all in pain, physically and mentally.

Take care (sorry Urms , it comes naturally and I really do mean it). ❤️

Grandmadinosaur Thu 09-Dec-21 07:43:56

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. It’s just getting light and forecast is for dry and up to 5 degrees.
Well yesterday I waited in in vain for my parcel that’s coming with Hermes. No e mail or text to say on its way nothing ?

Today I am off on the train to Leeds for the day. I usually have a day there close to Christmas as they have a better choice of shops than here. DH an GS will pick me from the railway station on my return and we will go to a carvery pub for tea.

Farview how exciting. I can imagine all the hugs there will be. Lovely.

Take care all

Scentia Thu 09-Dec-21 07:44:36

Ooh Mary I have no idea but I am intrigued now!!!

EllanVannin Thu 09-Dec-21 07:44:38

Good Morning All x ( still in the land of the living grin

May I begin by thanking everyone for their very kind words and also to GNHQ.
I'll read posts properly once I've established myself in my speck as this is to let you all know that I'm present.

monk08 Thu 09-Dec-21 07:46:49

Good morning all from the Black country, where it's cold and dry.
DH has an opticians appt this am, so I will go with him and have a wander around the shops.
Son and daughter in law are having a date day today, so we will pick the boys up from the minders and school take them home and have tea at theirs.
Marydoll could it be bath to wash celery or leeks in?.
Lovely news farview get them hugs ready.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

AGAA4 Thu 09-Dec-21 07:47:17

Good morning from North Wales. Dark but dry at last here.
Had a frustrating afternoon with online shopping yesterday. Websites not working properly wasted so much time.
Missing my little GS but they live 70 miles away so not easy to just pop in.
Have a peaceful day everyone.