Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kind and caring folk...

(1000 Posts)
soop Sun 12-Dec-21 13:53:37

Here we are again
Happy as can be (in the circumstances)
All GOOD friends and jolly GOOD company.

Welcome. The buffet is waiting. Our retreat is warm and cosy. There will always be a comforting virtual arm around the shoulder for those who need one. flowers

NanaandGrampy Sun 12-Dec-21 14:02:20

Afternoon,

I was wandering about , passing time on a gloomy day and saw a new kitchen, so couldn't resist popping in.

I'm a bit out of touch as its been a busy time here, so I'll leave the newly opened tin of shortbread on the side and hope all are well and getting a little sunshine in your life.

NanaandGrampy Sun 12-Dec-21 14:04:04

oooh I knew I forgot something ... we attended young Jacksons 10th birthday last weekend( where did those 10 years go) and I thought I would post a picture for those that have seen his picture before to show you how grown up he's looking. Still lovely mind x

silverlining48 Sun 12-Dec-21 14:05:33

Hello again Soop. I do love a buffet, thanks, but need you be careful as need to shift some blubber in preparation for surgery at one point in the future. Having said that I have just had toast and Marmelade for lunch. Just the one small slice so maybe I have room fir something delicious.

silverlining48 Sun 12-Dec-21 14:06:32

I need to be careful, not you Soop. TYpo

Grannmarie Sun 12-Dec-21 14:08:49

Thank you Soop for our lovely new Festive Kitchen. ?As promised, I'm leaving a slow cooker of lentil soup, to be served in Christmas mugs, with crusty bread ? on the side.
Thinking of all you lovely Kitchen people, especially those with illness, worries or sorrow. ???
I'm off to drive through to DGD's theatre show, I'll catch up later.
TOYA, stay safe and warm.

Galen Sun 12-Dec-21 14:23:31

Found you! I do wish you’d stop gallivanting about!?
I can’t keep up with you in my wheelchair.
Got taken to Cirencester yesterday to attend my Aunts 100th birthday. The town crier and the canon of her local church were in attendance.
Hundreds of my cousins who I did not recognise, and their children and childrens children. I feel very old now myself although I’m only 77 (just)
Better go and poach the chicken for tomorrow’s pie.

Juno56 Sun 12-Dec-21 14:27:08

Ah what a lovely welcoming space on Gransnet. I thought I would pop in and sample the buffet?. I am a new visitor to the Kitchen and I'm afraid I don't bake ☺️ but I have left some shop bought florentines on the side (I only buy them at Christmas because they are so addictive). I hope you are all having the best day possible.

kittylester Sun 12-Dec-21 14:34:48

Found you!!

Lovely buffet soop. Nice to see you N&G and what a lovely young man!!

Still writing my cards - back later!!

Urmstongran Sun 12-Dec-21 14:42:58

Lovely in here soop nice to pop in to avoid the noise of the Grand Prix belting out on our television in the other room!

Back later. Off out for a drink downstairs with my stepfather in 10 minutes. Best put some lippy on.

Blossoming Sun 12-Dec-21 14:43:07

Good afternoon dear Kitcheners, I thought I’d better claim a cushion before they are all taken smile

I adore lentil soup Granmarie, healthy choice too, lots of fibre. Hello Juno56 a Florentine would go down nicely and as they contain fruit I’m sure they will be Ok?.

I’m being very lazy, watching the ‘Santa’ trains crossing the bridge opposite the house, but I must shift myself and put some clean laundry away and do some cycling.

GrannyOwl5 Sun 12-Dec-21 14:44:50

A new kitchen! How exciting. Not posted for a while but have wafted through the previous kitchen reading all your news, but have decided to venture in and try all the comfy chairs. Will plump up the cushions as I go. I come with gifts - a bottle of Baileys and some savoury snacks to add to the buffet.

Lizzie72 Sun 12-Dec-21 14:56:50

Ooh, lentil soup is my favourite! I made some cheese scones earlier, so I’ll leave some on the side. Writing Christmas cards here, too - not a job I’m keen on! Soon be done!

Pittcity Sun 12-Dec-21 14:58:06

I'm not a baker either Juno. I come bearing a big bag of tinsel and baubles to add to the Christmassy ambience. ?

TillyTrotter Sun 12-Dec-21 15:13:50

Hi kitchen peeps. I’m leaving mince pies and whipped double cream with just a teensy bit of brandy stirred in.
I promise post Christmas I will share healthier things with you ?
soop of course it is natural to be afraid of surgery, any of us would be too. But the alternative for you does not bear thinking about - to have to carry on as you are now.
We are all beside you, behind you, as your loving family will be too I imagine . X.

brook2704 Sun 12-Dec-21 15:58:16

Oh here you all are and what a beautiful festive kitchen this is. The buffet looks amazing and the drinks - well what more could we ask for. Thank you everyone, I’ll put the finishing touches on the Christmas tree and I’ve put the most gorgeous bunch of Christmas flowers in the centre of the table - the kitchen really does looks lovely
Soop I agree with Tilly, anyone facing surgery would be worried, but I think you just need to put your trust in your excellent surgeon and stay positive, we’re all here for you and wish you the very best for a very successful outcome ❤️❤️❤️

AGAA4 Sun 12-Dec-21 16:15:21

I haven't popped into the kitchen for years but there are some delicious smells coming from it so here I am. I have some rum truffles made by my DD in exchange for some of that delicious soup.
Hope all goes well with your operation soop.

gillgran Sun 12-Dec-21 16:15:49

Great new kitchen, just the place to relax after the final Grande Prix of the year/season. After this delicious buffet, I will be set up to watch the results show of Strictly.

Warm, Caring Wishes to you all.

soop Sun 12-Dec-21 16:18:37

Bless you one and all. flowers

Welcome Juno56, there is plenty for all to share. Welcome back Pittcity, GrannieOwl.

NanaandGrampy Jackson is a very handsome young man. Such a beautiful smile. Thank you for sharing his birthday photograph.

soop Sun 12-Dec-21 16:21:59

I apologise if I have included this photo of Willow before. My memory is a bit foggy on occasions.

Grandmabatty Sun 12-Dec-21 16:30:34

Found the new kitchen! It looks very festive and full of goodies. I'll leave the twelve party cakes I bought at Tesco. Dd required my help with a baby and a toddler and I was happy to oblige. That's all the stocking fillers bought now. I'm having a rest before peeling potatoes.

SueDonim Sun 12-Dec-21 16:34:14

Oh, a new kitchen! ❤️

I had a wonderful day yesterday, with all four of my DC at home for the first time in three years. We had a faux Christmas meal with the posh china, a chunk of beef, Christmas crackers, festive drinks and all-day eating of chocolate. We even remembered to take photos! It’s been a long time since I enjoyed myself so much and we all had great fun. Four year old GD was beside herself with excitement at having so much family around her.

It’s down to earth today as ds2 had to leave early this morning due to moving house tomorrow but each time to look at the photos my heart glows.

We’ll be eating left-overs made into bubble and squeak tonight so please take a plateful and as many pickles as you wish!

Grandmajean Sun 12-Dec-21 16:43:52

What a gorgeous baby Soop and so happy looking.

muse Sun 12-Dec-21 16:46:01

A new kitchen. Thank you soop.

Tilly and brook have said it all for me ?. Positivity and trust is what you have soop.

I need food after watching the Grand Prix. Took to the woods with Mya afterwards to let off steam. Soup and mince pies - yum.

Previous memories with those photos SueDonin ?.

?? hello AGA.

EnaSharples Sun 12-Dec-21 17:03:50

Hello to everyone in the nice new kitchen, I came to it by accident lucky me. The youngster in that photo is very good looking nanaandgrampy and the baby is gorgeous soop. I'll take some of that lentil soup please. I'll leave some home made crusty bread to dip in.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion