Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 15 January

(71 Posts)
Pantglas2 Sat 15-Jan-22 06:51:59

Just popping in and opening up as I’m thinking Mick might have snoozed late.....?

Pleased to read hulahoop has good tidings to report - let’s hope everyone with worries, for themselves or worse, their beloved ones, have same soon ?

Lucky Lins in South Wales having that first grandchild to look forward to....ohh I’ll never forget that rush of ?

Trotting to next town to pick up a newspaper ?- walk will do us good and we’ll get the bus home after a cuppa. I’ve got some crumpets for brunch EV ?

Catch up later folks.....

Gagagran Sat 15-Jan-22 06:59:57

Morning Pant and everyone - thanks for opening up and I hope Mick is OK. He is always so prompt it is unusual for him to be late.

We are just about to depart for the click and collect at Tesco then return, unpack and have our breakfast . Usually a treat of croissants and coffee.

Hope everyone has the best day possible with some sunshine literally or figuratively!

grandMattie Sat 15-Jan-22 07:00:31

Thanks, Pant.
Good morning from dawning E Kent. Wasn’t the sun lovely yesterday? Quite cheered me up.
After I visited my friend in the Home yesterday, I popped in to see another old lady. She is 93, still driving, in full possession of her marbles. She was pleased to see me, but was expecting a visit from her 8th great granddaughter, also her GDiL had just gone into hospital to have the 9th GGC! Lovely to see her anticipation!
We had a Marydoll thing the other day. DH went to the surgery to have his 1-weekly hormone implant as usual. The nurse went to the cupboard to get it, none left! Only 4-weekly ones. So instead of having 3x4- weekly, he decided to wait until Monday, when the longer lasting implants would be available!
Nothing much happening again; DHhas two “important “ rugby games this afternoon so I’m banned from the TV. I might start a promised tote.
Hav3 a good day. Carpe diem. ?????

baubles Sat 15-Jan-22 07:09:16

Good morning all from dark and damp South Lanarkshire.

Thanks for opening up Pantglas, perhaps Muckis having technical trouble again.

Work again today, yesterday went by in a flash, I’m enjoying it so far but not much else to report.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. ??

Ashcombe Sat 15-Jan-22 07:10:34

Good morning, all, from a chilly Torbay.

I hope Mick is well as it’s rare for him to miss starting this thread. Thank you for opening up, Pantglas2.

Tonight is our first performance of Snake in the Grass. It’s a final dress rehearsal with an audience whose ticket money goes to the local hospice. It’s being organised by Rotary and I’ve agreed to help with the raffle. I believe that fizz is being served beforehand so that’s a welcome touch!

Tickets sales for the run next week are lower than usual as people are understandably reluctant to come out to crowded places. Volunteers are expected to wear masks at all times and patrons are encouraged to do likewise, at least until they are seated.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my DD1 in Australia who has pericarditis. I hope to speak to her later today.

Take care and keep well. ?????

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 15-Jan-22 07:13:39

Good morning from a dark Oxfordshire,
A sorting out spare bedrooms day today.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sat 15-Jan-22 07:31:01

Good morning all from a very cold North Leicestershire.

Our new son in law is coming to help put the bedroom back together again following the paint job and new carpet. We are hopeless at imagining what the room will look like so have yet to choose curtains.

Beauregard Sat 15-Jan-22 07:32:29

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's -2°and the fog is still lingering, but hopefully it will lift during the course of the day. We won't be going anywhere today though, so it doesn't matter too much.

Yesterday we visited the garden centre and bought a new pot for the rooted Christmas tree as the wooden half barrel it has been in for the last two years has fallen apart and needs replacing. We've chosen something a bit more durable this time. Repotting that could be a job for today if we want to brave the cold. Whilst out we called at the local corn store to buy seed potatoes, onion sets and peas ready for spring planting. They sell everything loose so I was able to buy exact quantities. We went for a carvery lunch afterwards and it was lovely not to have to cook when we got home.

Not much going on today. I'll transfer the seed potatoes to egg boxes to start chitting and have a tidy up. Beef stir fry for dinner tonight.

Thoughts to all with worry, difficulties and sadness flowers
Have a good Saturday all.

brook2704 Sat 15-Jan-22 07:39:58

Good morning everyone from our little holiday pad in Devon, it’s still a bit dark but the forecast is dry I think
Hoping mick is ok and it’s just technical problems as it’s unusual for him to be late
Our journey down here yesterday from Inverness was good, flight to Bristol and then the train, all went without a hitch. Today we’re going out and about exploring and a bit more coastal walking to blow away the cobwebs!
Good luck with the performance tonight Ash I hope all goes well and also sending good wishes to your DD
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Ashcombe Sat 15-Jan-22 07:41:29

Whereabouts in Devon are you, brook2704? Have a happy stay!

Marydoll Sat 15-Jan-22 07:45:27

Morning all, 5° here in Glasgow.
Thanks Pants for opening up! I too hope it is technical troubles preventing Mick from posting. A poster has his phone number and she his, so we should be able to find out if anything is amiss.

Firstly, I wanted to say how delighted I was to read Hulahoop's post yesterday. Great news.
GM there seems to be a shortage of certain medications at present. I realised yesterday that I hadn't heard about my next delivery of bilogics injections, so had to chase it up. Lloyds Homecare are usually very efficient, but the fact that my meds are being used in Covid ICU, means there is still a worldwide shortage and there are limited supplies.

I had a successful trip to Lidl yesterday, there was a certain amount of tongue biting, DH kept footering and blocking aisles with the trolley but I did get my veggie box and a very bountiful one too! I listed the contents on the Joyous thread!
I was even allowed a visit next door to the Range, but only because DH thought our kettle was about to go on the blink!
No kettle was bought, ( I'm fussy) but a new table lamp for the conservatory was purchased. A far better result in my opinion. ?

M&S, next door, did try to seduce me, but I started to feel unwell (too much excitement), so for once, I was sensible and we went home. The rest of the day was spent lying down, but I felt I had achieved something, after weeks of inactivity.

We are expecting a visit from Dollie today, my cup runneth over! She has already sent her forward plan and her lunch menu, much appreciated by someone, who spent half her teaching career, writing forward plans. ?
DD and SIL are planning to pop in too, so a busy day ahead.

Sending my best wishes to all who are struggling, especially the poorly DDs, DILs and those who care for them.
GrannySomerset, I hope you are doing ok.
Have a good day folks, whatever your plans.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 15-Jan-22 07:53:56

Good morning all from frosty
Harrogate it’s -2 just now
I have just a bit more baking to do. This is what happens when you come to the end of the festive cooking and food gifts.
Thanks Pantglas for opening, where is Mick? Hope he’s OK.
Today nothing exciting going on.
Hope to catch up on your news later on
Meanwhile have the best day you can

Urmstongran Sat 15-Jan-22 07:55:20

Here’s Matt to start Saturday off.

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s a bit dull out to be honest. Oh well it won’t stop us going for a walk about. Rain isn’t forecast.

Thanks for opening up Pantglas enjoy your walk for a newspaper. Good to hear your Toads theatre is up and running again Ashcombe it’s nice to think degrees of normality are happening again. So, like us, you’re on holiday without a car brook? I think it does us good - we do plenty of walking - good for our carbon footprints half of the year! ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 15-Jan-22 08:03:59

Morning Pant and all

Morning Mick I do hope everything is ok with you.

It’s very misty here in S E Essex and rather chilly. DH and DD are off to her home this morning to dismantle more furniture and continue packing in anticipation of the move to her new home next month. Unfortunately I cannot help as my back is still sore and stiff so I would be absolutely useless!!!!

I will do gentle exercises at home and read my book.

Keep safe and well folks ??‍♀️

Beechnut Sat 15-Jan-22 08:10:54

Good Morning everyone from frosty Severnside. I thought you were up extra early Pant until I looked at your post time. I hope Mick is just a tech problem.

I think I’ll do some crafting today after a very lazy day yesterday. I did have a nice FaceTime chat with my friend who told me they will be coming to live nearer to me as soon as they can.

Have good day all and enjoy your family get togethers ❄️?❄️

Alizarin Sat 15-Jan-22 08:12:06

Good morning from a lovely bright south Cornwall. Hope all is ok with Mick. Today I've been invited to watch my 6 year old granddaughter's riding lesson. 'I can do a rising trot now Nana,' she says with all the aplomb of a Horse of the Year Show contestant. Thinking of all with worries and family difficulties; I know how it feels. Have the best day you can.

Pittcity Sat 15-Jan-22 08:15:00

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. The bright sunrise of late is missing sad No frost though.

Yesterday's morning plans went to pot as the boiler didn't come on first thing. Panic mode. I rang the plumber who couldn't come until the afternoon. Found the instruction book (we've not lived here a year yet) and diagnosed the problem. DH decided it was a man's job and took over. After half an hour he decided it couldn't be done and to wait for the plumber. He went out and I took over. YouTube showed me exactly what to do, so armed with a can of WD40 I sorted it out in no time. Rang to cancel the plumber and saved enough money to pay for a chippy tea. I think I'm eligible for a diploma from the school of Marydoll

DS arrived home for the weekend after we'd gone to bed last night and left his washing by the machine for me....so thoughtful grin

No plans for the weekend (except doing the laundry!) Might get out into the garden.

Love to all ?x

Marydoll Sat 15-Jan-22 08:17:43

Pittcity
If I had been on my PC, I would have sent you a certificate! ?

Pittcity Sat 15-Jan-22 08:25:15

Marydoll

Pittcity
If I had been on my PC, I would have sent you a certificate! ?

?

dragonfly46 Sat 15-Jan-22 08:29:38

Good morning from another misty day in Leicestershire. We had freezing fog all day yesterday.

My DD’s flat sale went through yesterday and they have got the house they wanted so the champagne corks were popped.
Having walked a good way yesterday and doing my first shop in Sainsbury in 2 years I am staying in today!

Wishing everyone a good day.

Grandmabatty Sat 15-Jan-22 08:32:23

Good morning all from Polmont. 5° this morning and grey skies again. I hope Mick is alright. Ashcombe break a leg tonight. Marydoll have a joyous visit with Dolly.
Yesterday was all about my royal visitor ie dgs1. I drove to Aldi which is ridiculous as it's five minutes walk away, but I was still feeling wobbly. Lunch (and cake) was duly got then I picked him up from playgroup. I was so pleased to see him and vice versa. Lots of sculpting animals out of playdough ensued. He was very impressed with his grandma's art skills, grandma not so much ?. We had a really nice time and he cried when his mum came to take him home as he wanted to stay. If I had felt better I would have kept him. It's such a beneficial relationship for both of us, I think. Anyway today I'm doing Saturday housework and waiting for a Tesco delivery this afternoon. Have a good day all.

Lins1066 Sat 15-Jan-22 08:32:42

Good morning from a corner of the S Welsh coast where it is dry and cold. Thanks Pant we are excited and anxious in equal measure.
Yesterday was a beautiful day with a glorious sunset, we walked down to the cliffs below the house about 4.30pm, the tide was in, sat on a bench and watched the pink, then red of the setting sun. We could see the lights on the Devon coast opposite and lots of lighthouses including Mumbles.
Not much planned today except taking the dog for a short walk and a grout and veg delivery.
Nice to see you posting again Beauregard
Crumpets for breakfast here too Ellan joio!
Take care everyone and keep safe.

Lins1066 Sat 15-Jan-22 08:33:40

Fruit not grout ?

Scentia Sat 15-Jan-22 08:38:52

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is really really ?
I am supposed to be doing a tree planting this morning but as it stands the ground is too hard so I will re arrange for tomorrow morning I think. I will give it another hour!
Hope you are ok Mick and any IT issues are short lived.❤️

Jaxjacky Sat 15-Jan-22 08:41:13

Good morning all from a grey S Hants. Thanks for opening pant hope Mick is ok.
Great news hulahoop a huge weight gone, you must be so relieved.
DS recovering from Covid now has a cough and insomnia, his GF is doing better.
Not much on here today, it’s newspaper day, so I’ll have crosswords to do.
Thoughts with all those poorly or with poorly family, such worries.
Take care, hoping for some ??in our lives.