Gransnet forums

Chat

whirlpool oven/grill

(13 Posts)
busybee6969 Sun 16-Jan-22 19:38:57

moved house cooker is induction type,bought correct pans for hob, oven ok uses any type of oven tray to cook my chicken/chops etc, grill is in oven i put 2 pieces of bread of a tray high up under grill bit, turn grill on shut oven door,elements get warm then nothing,anyone have any tips am i making an easy mistake or is it time to call an oven repair man,old house owner was very ill did not do much cooking thank you in advance

Mollymalone6 Sun 16-Jan-22 19:46:39

Busybee My grill is in my oven too and I have to leave the door open for it to work. Have you tried that?

busybee6969 Sun 16-Jan-22 19:49:22

yes that was my first try lol. then i got moaned at and told induction ovens/grill you must shut the door,only ever had a normal cooker before,

Mollymalone6 Sun 16-Jan-22 19:56:34

What a bummer! ? I'd try googling for instructions for your model and try the troubleshoot section before going to the expense of a repair. Fingers crossed for you smile

MrsPickle Sun 16-Jan-22 20:03:15

Get rid of it. I had a whirlpool. Worst oven ever.
It was replaced under guarantee with the same model, also useless

kittylester Sun 16-Jan-22 20:04:35

Ovens and grills aren't induction - only the hob.

busybee6969 Sun 16-Jan-22 20:11:32

im losing the will to live with the cooker.so fed up.so im not daft but never had one before,so oven grill is not induction just the hob,lol,it gets worse ,feel so fed up just fancy cheese on toast,read up and am sure it said shut oven door when grill on, but first failed go left door open still no colour to my bread

Mollymalone6 Sun 16-Jan-22 20:14:39

Just a thought busybee - something else I have to do is turn my oven temp to max.

busybee6969 Sun 16-Jan-22 22:38:30

will give it a go thank you.i am so fed up,had a nightmare with bt over 3 weeks internet/tv and phone lines all i want to do is make cheese on toast on my grill. have wrote the model number down from inside i might phone whirlpool in the morning

VioletSky Sun 16-Jan-22 22:56:45

busybee get yourself some reusable toaster bags, you can make a toasted cheese sandwich in minutes, they are life changing

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 17-Jan-22 07:25:29

Door should be left open on a grill, my instruction book says in Capital Letters that oven door should never be closed whilst using the Grill.

aggie Mon 17-Jan-22 07:30:28

My oven door has to be closed when using the grill , i reread the instructions

Hetty58 Mon 17-Jan-22 07:44:06

I don't often use the oven grill (the combination microwave has a far better one) but I always close the door - as I think the cooker controls might melt otherwise!

I agree with Mollymalone6, oven temperature to max - and do check that you have grill setting selected - not bottom heat only or both (oven) mode:

www.appliancewarehouseservices.com/appliance-care/oven-symbols-explained