Gransnet forums

Chat

Candy Crush (original version) Good brain stimulation!

(21 Posts)
giulia Tue 18-Jan-22 09:34:49

Have been doing this for a few years now. Totally free and, unlike classic brain games like Chess and Patience, require that you find a brand new strategy for the brand new problems which challenge you in each game.
It cuts you off after five failed games so you do not risk getting obsessed but coming back to it once or twice a day I find is excellent and fun brain stimulation. Anyone else out there who agrees with me?

Also, after reaching level 2500 plus, I no longer become frustrated or want to give up because the game seems "impossible". Most of them do at the start but you learn that patience, luck and the occasional splash out of your bonuses will get you there in the end.

B9exchange Tue 18-Jan-22 09:54:52

I enjoyed it for a while, but found it was a huge time waster, would spend hours on it when I could, and should, have been doing other things! Perhaps you have more self control! grin

tanith Tue 18-Jan-22 11:29:43

I play Candy Crush a couple of times a day I never ever buy anything just rely on myself to solve levels. Not sure about my level around 4000 I think I enjoy it a lot especially challenges with my daughter. She plays on her bus journey to work but is way ahead of me skill wise I occasionally get her to do a devilishly hard level if I’ve been on it for a long time. Cheating I know ? but I think the strategies make my brain work harder.

giulia Tue 18-Jan-22 11:55:43

Tanith: that's the message I'm tring to push I too think it makes my brain work harder...than in other games where you only need to copy others' strategies

Elless Tue 18-Jan-22 11:55:43

I am just past 6000, absolutely love this game. A friend played it some years ago and I went on to see what the fuss was about and now I play it every day. I really enjoy it and love the levels where you have to strategize.

Lincslass Tue 18-Jan-22 12:04:47

Candy crush, tried it and deleted it. Each to their own.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 18-Jan-22 12:13:09

I tried it, but now do ‘Cookie Jam’ which is similar.

LtEve Tue 18-Jan-22 13:08:15

I tried and found I became obsessed. It also ‘gives’ you the game if you’re too long on a level. I’ve gone over to Puzzly Words which I feel uses my brain more.

Spinnaker Tue 18-Jan-22 13:55:06

Gotta love Candy Crush - I'm up to level 4713 and whilst I find it sometimes challenging it also can be mind numbingly boring and I've known me play it through the night to get me back to sleep ! Keep on playing all you Crushers out there grin

Jane43 Tue 18-Jan-22 14:00:08

I was the same when I got to levels after the 2000 level. I would spend days trying to win one level then would do two or three games more easily and get stuck again. Presumably the designers do this to encourage people to make purchases to make things easier but I didn’t want to go down that route so deleted it.

giulia Tue 18-Jan-22 19:35:44

I've never bought anything and do not intend to in the future. It's not necessary.

Visgir1 Tue 18-Jan-22 19:53:21

Candy Crush, Line of Duty etc has just been bought for $7.5 billion to Microsoft... Wow!

Libman Tue 18-Jan-22 22:10:46

I play Candy Crush Soda. When I first started I did purchase the odd bundle of bonuses, didn’t seem much at 79p a pop. Then I realised it was starting to add up so now I don’t buy any extras - they eventually move you on if you are stuck. When you think of the millions playing it around the world, if even only half pay then they are making a lot of money as the last poster pointed out.

silverlining48 Tue 18-Jan-22 23:06:26

Heard about candy crush on the news tonight. Is it being sold for a small fortune?

Mamissimo Tue 18-Jan-22 23:35:46

Candy Crush Soda is my morning mental wake up gym before I do The Times Crossword. I'm convinced it keeps my grey matter nimble. I never buy the boosts.

PGAgirl Tue 18-Jan-22 23:59:14

crazyH Wed 19-Jan-22 00:43:15

Please try ‘Absurdle’ - it’s a super word game

FannyCornforth Wed 19-Jan-22 03:29:17

crazyH I studied the rules for Absurdle and I couldn’t make head nor tail of it! confused

FannyCornforth Wed 19-Jan-22 03:35:15

crazyH I studied the rules for Absurdle and I couldn’t make head nor tail of it! confused

MayBeMaw Wed 19-Jan-22 08:32:18

Visgir1

Candy Crush, Line of Duty etc has just been bought for $7.5 billion to Microsoft... Wow!

Do you think we came up the Lagan in a bubble? grin
I think you mean Call of Duty
(Although the possibilities of a game involving Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey might be interesting! )

Jaxjacky Wed 19-Jan-22 08:53:11

Nearly $70b Visgirl the company is Activision Blizzard.