Gransnet forums

Chat

M and S club rewards

(10 Posts)
Martha48 Tue 18-Jan-22 10:25:13

I have an M and S credit card, which I use occasionally and always pay off in time. I’ve had a few emails trying to interest me in the Club rewards scheme - you pay £10 a month and get various benefits. Anyone do this? Is it worth it?

25Avalon Tue 18-Jan-22 10:28:17

Decided it wasn’t worth it myself. I just collect the rewards from using the credit card although it’s not as much as it used to be.

Rosie51 Tue 18-Jan-22 10:39:21

If you only use the card occasionally then it's maybe not going to be worth it for you. We do subscribe because the travel insurance element alone is worth it for us, plus phone insurance and car breakdown cover. We don't seem to use all the free hot drinks vouchers for the cafe, but happily give the spares out to other customers. Just a week ago we got another voucher for £15 to be spent on clothing, homeware or beauty. We don't use that card outside of M&S much because they have reduced the points awarded, but 3 times points on M&S use makes it worthwhile for us.

aonk Tue 18-Jan-22 11:16:08

I also use this card and have found the travel insurance very useful. In the last few years we have claimed twice, once for medical expenses while away and once for a holiday we had to cancel because of a sudden family bereavement. They dealt with these claims so efficiently. The insurance is valid until you reach 80. We do use the hot drink vouchers as we have a small local m and s about 15 minutes walk from our house.

SueDonim Tue 18-Jan-22 11:59:05

We pay the £10 Club Award. We get free drinks vouchers, birthday treats and regular monetary vouchers as well as discounts on various things.

Martha48 Tue 18-Jan-22 11:59:29

Ooh, hadn’t clicked about the insurance - that might help me make up my mind! Thanks for all your replies

Grandmadinosaur Tue 18-Jan-22 12:05:51

We also have this card. Again it’s mainly for the perk of the travel insurance. My husband deals with the admin for it but I have a feeling if you want that then the fee is £20 a month.
When we took it out we had a large store in the city centre which is now closed. All we are left with now is a Simply food store with a cafe about 10 minutes drive away or a small market town 20 minutes drive. I think if it wasn’t for the travel insurance we would close the account.

Martha48 Tue 18-Jan-22 12:32:28

Ah, yes, just checked - with insurance it’s £22.50 a month

Pepper59 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:14:05

I don't think it's worth it.

Rosie51 Tue 18-Jan-22 19:18:37

Oops, sorry I confused cover under the M&S club with the cover we get with our Nationwide bank account which is £13 per month. The triple points and bonuses through the year still make it worthwhile for us.