Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 19th January 2022

(52 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 19-Jan-22 06:00:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry here in brackley this morning .
Housework plus a small local shop today , do some admin as well.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 19-Jan-22 06:06:05

Good morning from a pit dark, foggy E Kent.
After a very clear early morning, the fog came down, I had a job getting to the hairdresser, but no problem at all when going to the dentist - brilliant sunshine! It came down again at sunset. Both events successful.
Still finishing that chicken - another meal to go… four days worth.
Laundry and ironing today - my life is so exciting.
I hope today brings relief to everyone. Carpe diem. ???☀️?☀️☀️??

Sar53 Wed 19-Jan-22 06:37:18

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It's still dark outside but no frost today.
I have an appointment with the hygienist at 9 so no scraping the car off first.
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone xx

monk08 Wed 19-Jan-22 06:50:17

Good morning from the Black country, dark but dry.
Early start today its mum's and toddlers, then I also have a dental appointment just a check up.
Carvery booked for later yippee no cooking.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

Gagagran Wed 19-Jan-22 06:59:19

Good Morning everyone from a milder south coast (5.0c) so no frost.

DH did some more in the garden yesterday and I tidied up some of my pots, mainly to keep him company. I am a bit sad about my lilies which were stricken by the frosty nights, earlier this week, and are looking very sorry for themselves.

Himself is out with his cycling club today so I have a day to myself and will use it wisely. Not quite sure in what form that will be yet!

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 19-Jan-22 07:04:20

Morning everyone. Well, I don’t think it’s frozen this morning, which is a relief. Quite a busy day today. Optician this morning for an eye test. I don’t think my eyes have worsened in two years, but we’ll see. Then I have to collect a dress from a seamstress, which I have had turned up. I could have done it myself but it needed some cut off. Our plumber is popping round to fit a thermostat on my bedroom radiator, find out why the shower is leaking and fix the upstairs loo. I need to wrap the presents and write a card for OH’s 70th on Friday. Finally, we are going out for dinner tonight to a favourite nearby restaurant.

Ashcombe Wed 19-Jan-22 07:06:58

Good morning all from another dark corner of the UK - Torbay!

Thank you, again, for your kind concern about my DD in Australia, both on the GM thread and by PM. Her blood tests showed no cause for concern so a hospital stay is ruled out for now. ECG result is still awaited.

Others on here have worries, too. Special thoughts for Chrissielou and her DD, also Susan56, whose DD is suffering from the same condition as mine.

Wednesday Club at the Little Theatre this afternoon then back there to be a steward tonight for “Snake in the Grass”, which is running all week. An Ayckbourn with a dark twist and only three characters, who are all female, unusually!

Welcome to the new posters - this is a lovely thread to join!

Wishing you all a good day, whatever you’ve planned! ?????

BlueSapphire Wed 19-Jan-22 07:09:36

Good morning everyone from a still dark Northampton, but my phone says it is milder and no frost. Up early as I have a hair appointment at 9 am. Nothing else on the cards today except for mopping the kitchen floor, my least favourite job. Then will probably finish my book this afternoon.

Lizzie my book is Dead Ground, by M W Craven (part of the Washington Poe series), and is the fourth in a series. A further one in the series is due in the summer, and I cannot wait!

Had a really good health walk yesterday, a good turn out and two new walkers. Enjoyed the coffee and chat in the cafe afterwards, good to have people to talk to when you live on your own.

Today is DD's birthday, born 39 years ago in Cyprus, so must call her, and also put a greeting on Facebook. I was lucky enough to have her in a military hospital, and the care I received could not be faulted; a room to myself with glorious views, the snow covered mountains on one side, and a view of the blue Mediterranean on the other! She is hoping to arrange a family meal out at the weekend.

Wishing all a pleasant day.

dragonfly46 Wed 19-Jan-22 07:15:37

Good morning from dark Leicestershire.

I was given a clean bill of health yesterday - phew!
From fun t turn on Saturday, talking to GP first thing Monday, TIA clinic at 9 yesterday and after a CT scan, MRI, blood tests and ECG I was given the all clear at 1 pm.
The NHS at its best.

Now I am allowed to drive again I am taking some shoes back to a local mill and at the same time taking an immobile friend for an outing.

Hoping all those who are under the weather feel better.

harrigran Wed 19-Jan-22 07:16:30

Good morning from a dark and damp NE.
Did not sleep well despite having had a busy day yesterday.
I got the washing and ironing done and sorted more clothes for a charity collection today.
SIL is coming this morning and we will do a big weekly shop and then some more paperwork for DH's closed bank accounts. I was pleased to learn that I can inherit all of DH's index linked certificates which will save me the headache of where to reinvest money.
Must have my shower and get dressed, haven't written my shopping list yet.
Thoughts are with poorly families.

Ashcombe Wed 19-Jan-22 07:17:23

Just popped back to post this photo of my church, for brook2704, who possibly was nearby yesterday during her walk along part of the SW Coast path!

BlueSapphire: an idyllic setting in which to give birth! Greetings to your DD! ?

Beechnut Wed 19-Jan-22 07:17:30

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. No frost this morning. Beginning to see a slight difference with sunrise and sunset.

Had a nice FaceTime with Beechnutella passing on news. My brother came by to drop something off so I took ‘her’ to the door so they could see each other and have a quick chat.

I’m going to do crafting this morning and go out this afternoon for an hour or so.

I’d like to add my welcome to the new good morningers and ask brook are you doing the SW coast path east to west?

Have a good day all ???

BlueBalou Wed 19-Jan-22 07:19:52

Good morning everyone from damp, but thankfully not icy, Wiltshire.
Off to the opticians first thing then I need to buy a few bits in Wilko’s and a supermarket.
I need to crack on with decluttering too, large oak dresser is next before I get rid of it. It was made for my grandfather and is unbelievably heavy, it took 4 men to move it last time. I’m hoping to sell it or even give it away, but it might be something that no one else would want ☹️
It has to go because I want to rearrange the living room.

Beauregard Wed 19-Jan-22 07:20:36

Good morning from a milder, currently dry Derbyshire.

DS rang last night to arrange for our youngest grandson to come to us for the afternoon. His mum will bring him and DS will collect him when he finishes work. We must get his little football ready as he loves to kick it around. DS says he has news about his job situation after his apprenticeship completes at the end of the month. We're on tenterhooks, hoping to hear that he will be taken on by the business, which is not guaranteed, especially in the current climate.

I'm pleased all's well with you dragonfly

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday.

Ashcombe Wed 19-Jan-22 07:21:02

Wonderful news, dragonfly46! Indeed the speed of treatment is very impressive! Take good care! ?

GrandmaSeaDragon Wed 19-Jan-22 07:21:59

Good morning from Rutland, +4 , no sunrise yet but can see the car lights moving on the main road in the distance, so guess no fog this morning. My car was iced on the inside yesterday morning, first time I’ve ever had that happen!

It’s a drop in village coffee morning for me today, then a “drop in” this afternoon for car to have rear brakes attended to, 2 hour slot gives me time to wander down into town for a mooch around (not that I enjoy that so much now, what with masks etc), then a supermarket visit to restock!

Telephone consultation yesterday with new Consultant went much better than I expected. Sometimes it is easier to talk about things by phone.

Meant to say - only joined GN at the weekend but been reading for sometime. It’s so good to feel able to be part of something again and I have laughed and cried, with you, and for you, at times. Too many names to highlight and my brain to remember now but thank you all flowersflowersflowers

A ? appears in predictive text when I type although it’s not on the smileys list from GN, so there’s my wish for everyone today and a bit of sunshine!

Lizzie72 Wed 19-Jan-22 07:25:10

Thanks, BlueSapphire - I like detective stories, but that series looks a bit gruesome for me! I’m a wimp!

Urmstongran Wed 19-Jan-22 07:30:47

Here’s Matt. ?
Back later.

baubles Wed 19-Jan-22 07:35:03

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s still dark but looks like we’ve had more rain overnight.

Thinking of you and your daughter Chrissielou and also those others with family members who are ill.

I worked muscles I’d long forgotten about yesterday in the sorting room at the charity shop, moving boxes and bags, trying to bring some sort of order to the place. The manager has been on her own with only one volunteer for a couple of months so hasn’t been able to keep on top of things. My aching body is telling me to take it a bit easier today. grin

I’ll catch up with everyone’s news later as I have to get my hair to behave and make myself look presentable.

May you find a ?or two today.

Gingster Wed 19-Jan-22 07:47:36

Good morning all and there’s a beautiful sunrise and NO FROST! Yay!

School run , take pooch to the groomers , pick up DD and take her shopping. She’s healing well now and wants to be out but still can’t get a shoe on. It’s a shame as she has to see the consultant on Monday to see what the next stage of her cancer treatment will be. I expect it will set her back to square 1.

The moon has been spectacular this week. Wolf Moon apparently.

Welcome to Grandmaseadragon .

Have the best day you can ❤️

brook2704 Wed 19-Jan-22 07:49:08

Good morning everyone from Dawlish where it’s dry and a bit cloudy
That’s brilliant news dragonfly so pleased for you. Enjoy your day today
I’m looking forward to getting back into to my garden when I’m home gagagran and seeing what’s starting to grow
Yes that’s the beautiful church we saw yesterday Ash thanks for the picture. You really do live in a gorgeous part of the country
Yesterday was quite mild and we enjoyed getting some more miles ticked off on our walking adventure. I’m really surprised at how many people are swimming in the sea, yesterday we saw a group of ladies all going in for a dip - most of them in normal swimwear not wetsuits - brrrr ? very brave and I admire them all
We’re doing this stretch of the path west to east Beech with the sea on our right as we’re walking. Or anti-clockwise as the guidebook says
Happy Birthday to your DD bluesapphire ??
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Pittcity Wed 19-Jan-22 07:56:59

Good morning from Colchester where the sky is dotted with pink clouds. There is rain and sun in the forecast, milder than yesterday.
I have achy legs after my volunteering day Baubles. The storeroom is upstairs and Tuesday is delivery day.
Wednesday morning is coffee meetup in town., A bit more relaxing.
Love to all ?x

Alizarin Wed 19-Jan-22 07:58:23

Good morning from south Cornwall where it's mild and raining. Wide awake at 3am for some odd reason so I listened to The Wind in The Willows on BorrowBox, ate fig rolls and drank hot milk. A painting day for me today with a walk to the pier for fresh air at some point. The photo is of the ice inside my son's car yesterday. A first for him in Cornwall! The best of days to you all.

Stilllearning Wed 19-Jan-22 08:05:05

Another good morning from S Lanarkshire, I’ve been awake for a LONG time so sleep app not making much change so far, will soldier on, tired all the time except when I’m in bed!

Taking a friend who has not been well out for a trip to a local (to her) soft furnishing outlet where we can also have a coffee and scone as a treat. Then, after I drop her off, on to my exercise class for some stretch and balance and more chat, so a nice day planned.

Wishing everyone a good day whatever is happening ???

Urmstongran Wed 19-Jan-22 08:05:08

Good morning everyone from Malaga where the sun’s up. We have a forecast of 15°C with a gentle breeze. No particular plans but we will walk out somewhere after lunch. My legs still ache from our Monday walk so it must be doing me some good out here. It’s a steep gradient back up from the paseo!

I’ve been chatting with our Yorkshire Lass who was on her way into work. It’s her 44th birthday this weekend. We made plans to see her next weekend when we will be home. Our flight back is a week today.

dragonfly that’s such great news from your TIA hospital appointment yesterday. Bet you are SO relieved. A relief too about your daughter Ashcombe. You sound as though you’re really enjoying your holiday brook it does us good to get away and recharge the batteries.

Hi ? to all the newbies here. x