Gransnet forums

Chat

Foot spa

(10 Posts)
Peartree Thu 20-Jan-22 07:07:34

Hi, Im thinking of getting a foot spa for my DH. He is in boots all day and his feet are sore and smelly when he gets home, he also has a bunion. I was wondering if a foot spa is any good. Has anyone tried one.?

Daisymae Thu 20-Jan-22 07:34:21

Yes, had one years ago. It's very nice but filling and emptying are a pain. Has been in a cupboard for 15 years!

Grandmadinosaur Thu 20-Jan-22 07:37:29

I have one. I only use it now and again to do home pedicures. The rest of the time it is upstairs gathering dust.

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 20-Jan-22 07:42:47

We had one about 20 years ago, they are heavy when filled and unwieldy to carry and empty, I used to slosh water everywhere. It went to a Charity shop.
If you get one fill and use close to a sink/washbasin.

Aldom Thu 20-Jan-22 07:46:41

I have no experience of foot spars. I suggest your husband soaks his feet in warm water with Epsom salts added. You can buy the salts in large bags from the chemist or some discount shops eg Home Bargains.
Also check between the toes for Athletes foot and treat with suitable cream if necessary. For relief from bunion pain I recommend Compeed bunion plasters. They are amazing. Hope this will help you both. Best wishes. smile

Humbertbear Thu 20-Jan-22 08:38:10

I was bought one and thought it was wonderful. I used it on the patio. When it came to using it indoors in the winter it was a different matter. Needless to say it went to the charity shop for all the reasons already given.

silverlining48 Thu 20-Jan-22 09:14:08

Mine went to a charity shop too. Nice idea but impractical so I never really used it.
Check the charity shops grin

Peartree Thu 20-Jan-22 10:29:40

Thanks everyone ive decided on a foot bowl and epsom salts from Amazon.smile

fairfraise Thu 20-Jan-22 13:12:43

I had one as a gift. It was good for a soak and rubbing away hard skin etc. But the fuss of filling and emptying it was too much so, like many, it's in an outside shed gathering dust!

Ali08 Thu 20-Jan-22 13:34:49

I tried a couple. Fun at first but I decided a washing up bowl with hottish water and whatever I wanted in it was just as good...except it doesn't vibrate!
Place a towel underneath the bowl that stretches beyond it, to save your carpet/floor and so he can just lift his feet out and put them onto the towel.
Try putting Mycil powder into his boots - it's for athletes foot but is great at soaking up the sweat!
I used to stick my boots on the bathroom windowsill with those gel airfresheners stuck in them at night, my roommates thought it was hilarious! Or you can buy sprays for inside them, or deodorising insoles!
It would be better for his feet if he had 2 pairs of boots that he could swap wearing every day or every couple of days, as wearing the same footwear day in & day out is not good for any of us!