Gransnet forums

Chat

I cannot believe what I have just heard!

(27 Posts)
travelnan Fri 06-May-22 14:03:37

Have just returned from a trip to Home Bargains, where I overhead a woman asking for a refund. The reason for her request was because the crocus corms she had purchased did not flower! Honestly I was absolutely stunned.

GrandmaKT Fri 06-May-22 14:16:32

Had she dug them up to return them?! Did she get it??

Poppyred Fri 06-May-22 14:21:28

Watched a t.v. Programme about campers the other night. One family complained because the sheep in the next field were making Baaaaah noises all night. ??

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 06-May-22 14:23:20

Funny, the ones up the road from me make that noise too.

Kim19 Fri 06-May-22 14:25:26

My plant/bulb suppliers take it on trust and refund any failures.

Cherrytree59 Fri 06-May-22 14:26:00

Did she get refund?
If you don't ask you don't get.

If she followed all instructions re planting and after care and had no flowers, her purchase didn't do what they were supposed to do and possibly not of good quality or as shown on picture

If I had purchased an item from HB that didn't work as it should or faulty, I would expect a refund.

Shelflife Fri 06-May-22 15:31:12

?????

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 06-May-22 17:48:08

Our local nursery guarantees all plants.

BlueBelle Fri 06-May-22 18:10:07

A nursery is a bit different to a bargain shop ?

annodomini Fri 06-May-22 18:52:54

If none of the crocus corms flowered, it's a fair bet that she planted them upside down!

Grannynannywanny Fri 06-May-22 19:17:29

Poppyred I laughed when I saw the family complaining to the caravan park manager that the sheep in the next field were saying baah too loudly and disturbing their peace.

The manager assured them he’d contacted the farmer to check on the welfare of the sheep and there was no apparent problem. I’d love to know what the staff said when the cameras stopped rolling. ? ??

timetogo2016 Fri 06-May-22 19:43:13

I can only imagine Grannynannywanny lol, i saw that too,me and Dh were in hysterics.
Can`t educate the stupid travelnan/Gnw.

CoffeeFirst Fri 06-May-22 19:50:11

Haha…crazy folk around ?

Florencelady Fri 06-May-22 21:26:34

My dh planted a hedge and got a few bald spots where nothing grew. He contacted the nursery which was hors away. Without checking they just took his word for it and sent new hedging..more than he needed. We were very impressed.
But a discount store is not a place you would expect follow up as l am sure they were cheap

paddyann54 Fri 06-May-22 23:05:53

A few years ago a local farmer was taken to court by his new neighbour (recently moved from London) who wanted him to get rid of his cockerel who apparently CROWED every morning around the same time. Who would hae thunk it ....lolThe sheriff asked them if they didn't like country noises why did they move to a glen with few inhabitants and most of them animals? .They didn't win their case

Shandy57 Fri 06-May-22 23:13:04

The country people around here are intolerant of cockerels too, I'm sorry to say I used to know of one person that put theirs in a box overnight.

Mogsmaw Fri 06-May-22 23:24:43

I work in a shop , I had a couple come in with a jigsaw that had a piece missing. They said they had a photograph to prove it.
I was happy to take them on trust ( honestly, life’s too short to argue and most people are truthful) but I did wanted to see the picture because it was a wasjig. I suppose I could of insisted they take an identical replacement and if they had been sh**y about it, I would have.
So I just made it really clear I took them on trust, but “show me the photo’!”
Customers are “always right” but are often hilarious, and we reserved the right to laugh about you when you’ve gone.

Beautful Sat 21-May-22 10:10:03

When the charge first started for carrier bags ... think only been in a few days ... I was talking to the assistant she said a customer took one back for a refund !!! Yes she got it !

CatsCatsCats Sat 21-May-22 10:15:30

Oops, guilty!

I remember buying a rather expensive plant from Sarah Raven's catalogue. When I planted it as per instructions, it promptly died on me.

I emailed to complain and was issued a refund. Funnily enough, I no longer receive SR's beautiful catalogue through the post.

Witzend Sat 21-May-22 10:15:31

It was several years ago now, but the local paper of friends in N Devon, only a few miles from the sea, published a letter of complaint about the noise of air/sea rescue training flights at night.

The complainants had recently moved to the area.

Apparently the local reaction was (understandably) so hostile, they upped and left the area.

CatsCatsCats Sat 21-May-22 10:16:22

Have to say, I don't bother if it's crocus bulbs, snowdrop bulbs, etc.

Doodledog Sat 21-May-22 10:34:49

I’m not sure that I’d bother returning crocuses to Home Bargains, but legally she was within her rights. The purpose of corms is to produce flowers, and as they didn’t do that they were unfit for purpose.

Aveline Sat 21-May-22 11:49:01

When I worked in a china shop a lady came back to complain that a crystal glass had broken when she'd knocked it again a tap while washing it!

grandtanteJE65 Sat 21-May-22 12:20:00

paddyann54

A few years ago a local farmer was taken to court by his new neighbour (recently moved from London) who wanted him to get rid of his cockerel who apparently CROWED every morning around the same time. Who would hae thunk it ....lolThe sheriff asked them if they didn't like country noises why did they move to a glen with few inhabitants and most of them animals? .They didn't win their case

I wud hae thunk it. Especially after seeing all the complaints on Gransnet about the fact that cats catch birds!

I personally eat birds too, although I am too cowardly to go out and catch and kill them myself, so I have never yet blamed a cat for obeying nature, or a cock for crowing, or a sheep for baa-ing.

Come four this afternoon, I shall hear my neighbours' cows pointing out it is past milking-time. MOO!

I loved your sheriff's comment - he sounds just like my school-friend's dad, but it can't be him of course, as he retired many years ago.

Oldwoman70 Sat 21-May-22 12:31:18

Some years ago I went on holiday with a friend, we stayed in a lovely hotel I had recommended and our rooms overlooked the beach. Next morning she complained to me that the sound of the (gentle) waves was too loud!